Server Maintenance - November 24, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 23, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 7:00 AM PT (13:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update Notes can be found over in the Game Update Notes Forum.
  2. Mumrha New Member

it's almost 3 hours...
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

It hasn't even been an hour yet.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Singman New Member

Could be a lot better if server down started at right time, not 2 hours late...
  5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Please do remember that 7am PT (Pacific Time) is 10am ET (Eastern Time). And 2 hours would be noon for ET, 11 for CT, 10 for MT, and 9am PT.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. PootyLimbo New Member

If the PT time is correct, then that means the UTC time is the wrong one. It's off by 2 hours. It should be 15:00 instead of 13:00.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Lucky for me my computer is on San Francisco time, don't know why and also don't know how to change the time now that it's Windows10 instead of W7. I don't mind because that's my sister's time in Berkeley - whom I call sometimes from Florida so my computer always let's me get it right and not awaken her too early in morn. And apparently Daybreak Studios or Dark Paw must be located somewhere in California too. So it's just 3 hours later than we are in Eastern Standard Time; 2 hours later than Central Time; and I guess 1 hour later than would it be Mountain Time? Easy to calculate and 3 hours gives you plenty of time to get do what ya gotta do.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

You guys should learn the timetable if its 13 o clock UTC = United Times Coordinated used in all worldwide operating busines like Planes or Ships for example , exept military things they have thier own timetabele and calculations.
    If 13 o Clock UTC is mentiont its>

CEST Central European Summertime UTC +2 if in Germany and nearby
    CET Central European Time ( Wintertime ) its UTC + 1 Germany and nearby

PDT Pacific Day Time is always 9 hours back to Europe so its very thankfull Dreamweaver and the Devs decided to mention UTC for us so its realy easy to convert it in our Country day time UTC = GMT Greenich Mean Time = 0 Time for Expample so if its Summertime in Europe +2h if Wintertime +1h in Germany every following country to the West or Changing Timezone is +1h more origin time thier.
    Moving a time Zone to West +1h moving a time zone to the East - 1h until hit the next timezone.
    And counting hours + or - always starts at UTC / GMT because this is hour 0 worldwide.

And after you have added your hours + to hit your origin time zone at this time the Downtime will start its countdown so you need to add the mentiont downtime hours to your origin time thats it.

Hellfiren.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

If in doubt, just look on the internet. There are many converters out there.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Epiodia New Member

Do we know why the servers are down right now? I havent seen anything about the servers down today?
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

I just logged in with no problem.
    Breanna likes this.