Server Maintenance - July 14, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micahh New Member

I wish they would hurry up and get the game back up and running because I was only able to get on for about a good hour and then they made us get off for what ever they are doing.
  2. Faeberries Member

3. Zell Member

lmao, wow im not upset that something like this happened. i do tree work for a living trust me a patch messing up a game is nothing to get upset with seeing a friend loose an arm in a wood chipper thats something to get upset about.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Faeberries Member

im not upset or anything its just a game but it would be nice for the gamee to get going:)
  5. Faeberries Member

wow yeah a woodchipper
  6. Fleischschild New Member

1. Daybreak is a company and not an individual. The company can defend itself if the situation required it. They don't rely on its cult members to speak for/defend the company.
    2. Any company that cant handle a player on a soap box like me doesn't deserve to be open for business.
    3. I noticed a lack of response from actual daybreak to my comments and a whole lot of cult members acting like a bunch of trump supporters.
    4. Anyone who has played ANY MMORPG knows that it takes time to fix bugs and correct issues.
    5. Anyone who felt the need to defend Daybreak ... You are a cult member
  7. AshianaDragon Member

I just have to play devil's advocate here: ever hear about World of Darkness by CCP, people waited 8 years in anticipation until it was cancelled. How about Star Citizen, it hasn't been cancelled, but over $300 million in crowd funding and almost 10 years later, it still hasn't been released (just modules here and there).

I think the transfer to a separate division/company where it's sole focus is the EQ franchise is a good thing, happening amidst covid was unfortunate, especially in California where shut downs are in effect. It's hard to make improvements with few staff.

While I love Eq2 for it's housing, the spiderweb complexity makes it unenjoyable for new comers from newer games where everything is linear/quickly obtained and auto pathing to the quest area is the norm. You have to think in EQ2, plan ahead. Sadly, this turns away so many gamers. Starting from scratch, with the ridiculous market prices, and now p2w elements...oh and hey, what's up with the ridiculous load in times?!?
  8. Faeberries Member

its not daybreak's fault a patch messes up, its just the game i agree with zell its nothing to get upset about
    Breanna likes this.
  9. kissntell New Member

wow, i barely even know what daybreak means. no cult here just laid back and not obsessed. i have been gone from the game for 8 years so no loyalty here. used to be a different company, SOE or something like that and they had their fair share of problems too. so now you troll your fellow members too. hmmm i am seeing a pattern here. I would hate to get behind you in rush hour traffic. i wish you good vibes and lower blood pressure. peace out
    Breanna and AshianaDragon like this.
  10. Shimizu New Member

It is unfortunate, but these sorts of things happen.

Comparatively for the industry though, response time (taking server down same day as the bad patch to fix it) is pretty stellar. In some games they leave crap broken for weeks and leave the playerbase to wonder what's going on - usually until the next month's update when everyone holds their collective breath to see if its fixed - and sometimes it isn't.

If you are dissatisfied with Daybreak's responsiveness to this issue, you clearly haven't seen some of the customer service debacles of other games. At least they are talking to us.
    Naramsin and Breanna like this.
  11. Fannoncodder Member

Everyone knows that King Kyle (a.k.a. Kander) is a very sensitive soul and doesn't handle dissenting opinions very well.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Faeberries Member

u know what? i can stand up for stuff if i want to so do be mean and try to insult people about it
  13. Faeberries Member

14. dorotea Well-Known Member

Yes he is clearly just trolling us. The comparison of anyone who supports Daybreak to Trump supporters makes that quite clear. Like Trump or dislike Trump doesn't matter - that comment and other things he said have no purpose other than to roil the waters. Which is all a troll tries to do.
  15. AshianaDragon Member

OMG! Remembering ArcheAge and the patches that would bring down the servers for days, even a week at a time...
  16. Fannoncodder Member

I'll try to shorten your post a little: "I haven't played the game since the Beastie Boys were still a three-man group, but here's my opinion on everything going on in the game today: you guys are trolls and need to be more like me."

There. Fixed that for you.
  17. pumancat Well-Known Member

Sure picked a good time to do it,, during prime time..... NOT
  18. Tepache New Member

some of ya'll put a lot of energy into something you seem to hate. If i were your dealer, i'd cut you off, too.
    Fannoncodder likes this.
  19. Fannoncodder Member

Anyone got an over/under on how long it'll take ol' Dreamwiener to lock the post, now that someone has expressed negative opinions about the game and the company?
  20. Zell Member

na but i sure do remember the 1-2 day downtime in EQ 1 back in the day ehh im glad those days are gone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.