Server Maintenance - July 14, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 7:00 AM PDT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 3 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
  2. Enimo New Member

WTH is up with the servers being locked? Once again did a patch go horribly bad again?
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Tierisch and zagaroth like this.
  4. zagaroth New Member

Also wondering the status of the patch\maintenance
    Fleischschild likes this.
  5. zagaroth New Member

6. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Well looks like it's running over that predicted 1 hour downtime though. *sigh*
  7. Fleischschild New Member

o_O So what is the ETA on this patch?

*Edited*

Its starting to look like another 3 hour maintenance like this morning.
    TebTengri likes this.
  8. Marcawad New Member

im glad i decided today to start playing again after about 7 year break, perfect timing lol
    Darbii Rue and Tierisch like this.
  9. Tierisch Well-Known Member

This is from another thread in bugs. Looks like it may be a little while yet.
  10. kissntell New Member

this morning it said scheduled maintenance at 6 am and now at the top of the screen it says "scheduled" maintenance tonight at 16:15?? what am i missing. cant play tonight either. when did you schedule the maintenance for tonight? there was no prior message that said tonight i did not see anything this morning about tonight's maintenance. did i miss something? if so i would have planned my day differently. oh, now i just saw that it is a "hot fix" and it would take 1 hr. now it has been several hours. i am confused. is this actually NOT a scheduled maintenance and just a post-maintenance fix? if so you may want to change your giant message in red that says "scheduled" to something more accurate like "bug fix" or "hot fix" so i do not second guess myself into thinking i overlooked a notice about tonight's "scheduled" maintenance. thank you.
  11. Tierisch Well-Known Member

LOL welcome back, please be assured this is not the norm, contrary to all the complaining going on, the game rarely has such bad issues. ;)
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Marcawad like this.
  12. Tierisch Well-Known Member

The scheduled maintenance from this morning caused a couple.. ummm "issues" so there is a fix being put in now, and it is taking a little longer than expected..
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Fleischschild New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but: Before Daybreak took over from SOE, wasn't there better communication from the dev's/admins?
    Its been a while but aren't the people who cancelled Everquest: Next because "it wasn't fun" the people running the show now?
  14. kissntell New Member

marcawad i hear you!! i just got back after 8 year break myself! a lot has changed for sure. mercs, overseers, pay to win, ascention, etc....we will see how this goes. seems like the mercs (way overpowered) turned mmog game into solo game. we used to rely on grouping to achieve our goals and have fun. now everybody solo's (except end game heroics and raids) and its like pulling teeth to get peeps to form up. just my opinion. patiently waiting for restart while doing laundry
    Marcawad and Tierisch like this.
  15. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver is actually updating over here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ess-and-other-tank-items.595337/#post-6616956
    Although there is no definite ETR yet.
  16. kissntell New Member

ok thanks for the reply. any estimate on how long?
  17. Marcawad New Member

i logged on for about 15 mins before update so havent had a chance to look around much yet.
  18. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Sadly not yet.. Dreamweaver mentioned something about smoke testing in the other thread. :)
  19. Fleischschild New Member

After Daybreak cancelled EQ: Next because they lacked the skill, patience and imagination required to do the job. My friends and I took an EQ:Break. When we come back.... all of my fears about Daybreak....Confirmed
    Marcawad likes this.
  20. Redd Member

Thanks for the work you guys are doing really appreciate it!
    Breanna and Tierisch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.