Server Maintenance - January 7, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 6, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Devs, VERY much, for synchronising the server downtime with the end of Frostfell. It makes us happy to feel like we have not lost any time from the event . :D
    SynergyBlaize, Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Thank you for Frostfell this year! It was super fun, and on Rivervale, not a single zone crashed all Frostfell Season.

Misson accomplished! :cool:
    Rosyposy, SynergyBlaize and Breanna like this.
  4. Beastlord Active Member

Any word on when Beastlord's are going to be fixed? You killed our pets DPS and still did not fix Warder's Ferocity I & II.
    It is still Killing Pet when Toggled off.
  5. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Considering your pet auto attack still does 1 1/2 DPS of a Ranger`s DPS and thanks to your broken Pet DPS Rangers Hawk got nerfed, i dont understand your crying......

But the update patch note says abilities being increased
  6. Beastlord Active Member

Rangers are not a real pet class. Yes you have a pet now, but your still not a pet class. You can still use your other abilities if you pet is not up. We cannot DPS if our pet is not able to hit the mob.
  7. Invenom New Member

So you get a patch out and don't even check if it runs WOW just WOW ..... the shadowed staff of luclin runs out after 10sec! is there any compensation for membership payers here? or are you just pooping on us? As a pissed off payer, it's my right to speak plainly here
    Arcos, Schattilord and Whilhelmina like this.
  8. Theodain New Member

When will you issue the fix for people not being able to purchase the apprentice level spell that should be available after completing Shattered Dawn quest line?
  9. Rebelde Active Member

Two failure patches in a row and counting ;) . On Friday the raid zones, on Tuesday the shadowed harvesting and the armor (still not show)
    Arcos, Schattilord and Whilhelmina like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just so you know, Test wasn't patched. You know, the server were players are supposed to TEST stuff. And we're 10 resident players waiting to be able to TEST stuff. Do our volunteer job. The thing that should have prevented the respawn bug if we had been believed and stuff like that.

I harvested ONCE on live a shadow node then the buff was gone. Yeepee. Ans as usual, I didn't get a skill raise nor a true rare. I only saw shadowed books on legendary bonus overseer crate or on fabled regular overseer crate. This whole system is BROKEN. Big time. If we could have been able to test it on live or even on Test later, this might be working. But yeah, great, you fixed alchemist recipes (that I bugged in Beta and I'm probably not the only one), but now we came from 1% of shadowed RARES in 10 minutes to a single shot every two hours. That's GREAT. Congrats!

Researchers are still giving the same exact quest and rewards, for a great \aITEM -497868749 1556622562 0 0 0:[Empyral Stocking Crate]\/a (which doesn't yield a single recipe apart from useless mount crap which has no effect whatsoever on shadow harvesting).
    Yeah, I'm disgusted.
  11. Gnomfu Active Member

[quote="I harvested ONCE on live a shadow node then the buff was gone. Yeepee. Ans as usual, I didn't get a skill raise nor a true rare. I only saw shadowed books on legendary bonus overseer crate or on fabled regular overseer crate. This whole system is BROKEN. Big time. If we could have been able to test it on live or even on Test later, this might be working. But yeah, great, you fixed alchemist recipes (that I bugged in Beta and I'm probably not the only one), but now we came from 1% of shadowed RARES in 10 minutes to a single shot every two hours. That's GREAT. Congrats![/quote]

The wording in the patch notes leads me to believe we aren't suppose to be getting more shadow harvesting skill.
    set to the current maximum level of 25 by completing any harvest in Blood of Luclin zones. 25 seems to be the maximum skill or they worded the above funny and should have said set to the 25 skill awarded for the signature quest.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It would be nice if said 25 skill gave a good number of rares (1% is NOT a good number when the only use for commons is 6 per red rune) and if skill increase gave an increase in rares (I mostly harvested on my single toon buffed to 39 and lo and behold, she didn't get more rares than the rest).
    There is NO WAY to get any kind of expert spells right now (nor armor/jewels but those are useless anyway).
    Quillyne, Sevrin, Arcos and 1 other person like this.
  13. Invenom New Member

I don't spend any more money on such a crappy service! before the **** doesn't work properly there is no membership anymore! I prefer to give my money to Blizzard I no longer waste my hard earned money on DB! because you only make one mistake after the other and never compensate us for it! NO THANKS for 12.99 I expect something as a customer ... of course there can always be problems .. but as it currently works in eq2 is really the bottom drawer I've rarely seen something I have to say honestly
    Sevrin and Schattilord like this.
  14. Leibnitz Member

no more lulz.

ITEMS
    • Corrected a typo where several ammo items were named Lulizite instead of Luclizite
  15. Sniper Member

Holy smokes kinda sounds like you should get a few back from lunch to maybe fix a thing or two before you guys have a mass exit of subs lol
  16. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Doubt it's even a blip on their radar screen. Three brand new accounts created to post in the forum *shrug*. More weight will likely be given to Whel's and Rebelde's comments. Threatening to leave for XYZ game has been a "go-to" for pissed off gamers that are ranting about what got broken, how they got nerfed, etc, for over 20 years. I'm betting the response is still pretty much the same it was before I took my break 13+ years ago: "Have fun playing your new game!"

I mean, let's be honest: A player threatening to leave and calling the product they've worked on "bottom of the barrel" isn't going to mean ish to them, and essentially shuts down any chance at a conversation. Better option is to /bug report it, and engage @dreamweaver and the staff responding in the forums in a conversation that can help get things moving or resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Gah - I'm never this mellow, need to go pound some caffeine so I can join in the ranting.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm a little surprised. Let me know how the coffee is.
    Rebelde and Breanna like this.
  18. Baphmistra Active Member

I'm not happy that Frostfell is over a day early, it says it ends today on calendar, which usually implies midnight on that day. Other than that, when I logged in I could not get any /1 ... /13 chat channels to work. I sent tells to people who didn't respond, and sat on the docks of Thundering Steps for a while chatting in local, only to be ignored by at least 6 people. When I used /petition nothing in game happened. Not sure if there is anywhere else to post this, so I'm posting it here. I'm going to do RL stuff for a half hour then I'll try again. Not quite the best start to 2020, but then again in hindsight this could be worse.o_O
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Holiday celebrations will run through the month from Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 8 AM PT until Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 7 AM PT. Don't forget to enjoy yourselves over Frostfell!
    Breanna likes this.