Server Maintenance - January 28, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I usually don't, especially if I don't have much left of "the good stuff" (any newb toons of mine can burn through their stacks of 20 Tier 1 stuff to their hearts' content ;->) or I'm running in an instance... :-/

Uwk
    who hasn't actually done that in awhile, but would like to be able to again (and just thanks the gods that not eating and drinking constantly isn't as punitive as it is in EQ1, even at character levels above 10) :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can all the unlisted changes be added to patch notes? It's honestly getting hard to workout what is intentional, and what else has been broken by a patch.
    Are you just hoping we don't notice unlisted changes? We don't all hang out in Discord.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on, waitaminute...so, I'm still not sure I'm getting this; there were people exploiting auto-consumption of food and drink while zoning in or out of solo instances (not even sure HOW that would work...)? Why not just fix the original bug that people were able to exploit? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen to that last! :-/

And the Bug Report forum is going to fill up very, very quickly if we can't tell what's a Bug and what's a new Feature. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Khal of Dragons New Member

It wasn't in the patch notes, but us Channelers have finally been fixed and we can no longer pre-buff or chain cast Truespirit Rift every 15 seconds to continuously ramp up our primary and ranged damage the longer we stay in a zone and don't die. So Channelers doin 48% of the raids total dps on a raid mob has gone and we can go back to focusing on being a healer which is what our class is, instead of being a T1 dps class. Also happy that now all the flavor of the month Channelers will go back to playing what they used to and a good Channeler will be defined by player skill and not a bug. THANK YOU GNINJA!!!
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well cough cough. I don't usually have my food and drink on auto, when I'm out harvesting and putzing around I don't need it. I only turn it on when I start doing instances and what not. I don't want to waste it if I'm just out harvesting it isn't needed.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly, yeah. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Siren, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Are you feeling ok? You seem to have a cough. Try some hot tea with honey. :D
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL I don't like tea. Strictly coffee, coffee and more coffee. Did I say coffee?
    Cyrrena, Siren, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bleagh. Gimme tea any day; at least I can pick my own flavors that way (almost always some variation on Black Tea, which I have been known to drink straight: no sugar/honey, no milk, no nothin'). ;->

One flavor of coffee for me: cafe mocha. With as much whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, nutmeg, chocolate syrup, and espresso as the mug will hold. ;->

Uwk
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL ICK that sounds more like a type of ice cream if you freeze it.:rolleyes:
    Dude, Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Just so I understand, any buff granted by the food and drink in actual food and drink slots will drop off when I zone out of a solo instance? I will need to consume it again to trigger the buff again? Will it auto rebuff when I auto consume?
    Sorry if these seem like ridiculous questions but this sounds like a ridiculous 'fix'.
    Naramsin, Dude, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  13. Sniper Member

Lol come on we are all made of plat don't ya know, I think if they actually fixed something right i may fall out of this chair
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

And for those of us who never exploited whatever this is for food/drink but are now being robbed without any notice???? This is horrible customer service. Why couldn't the devs have disabled everyone's auto consume and put a notice in the patch notes saying this was being done???? It would have actually have been a nice thing to do. Instead you punish the innocent.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, it's tasty on a cold winter's day to drink it while it's hot. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  16. Zylara Well-Known Member

Sadly i do have mine usually on auto consume as i always forget to consume once in zone (mind ya when a tank pulls and i have to start healing food/drink is definately not in my thoughts rofl)
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So what else was patched that didn’t make the notes? Anything actually useful?
    Do you think they could be updated to include ALL the nerfs.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

And btw, mobs still cast curse in Sambata Village SOLO.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Vanleeze New Member

serious question for the Devs. Hopefully we'll get an answer...

Why not just ignore the solo buff on the drink/food consume ?

Probably more lines of codes but at least you don't rob the players
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  20. Sniper Member

Honestly I think the best question is when does beta end and the xpac begin? We have things like house portal that’s been addressed, mounts which got half fixed, and now instead of thinking of a good fix we will just grab this old band aid and put it on the last fix with food and drink. Not to mention probably 1000 more things that people over the weeks have asked and get no answer too.