Server Maintenance - January 28, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 27, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Zylara Well-Known Member

So still no updates on housing portals, overseer outdated rewards and other things that have been bugged for awhile *sigh*
  3. PsiberDaemon Active Member

hear hear! come on, enough is enough. I understand that they are squashing bugs as they go, but the Housing Portal issue has been ongoing for a while and has a rather large group of people daily affected by it. Any kind of an eta would be appreciated.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Bardonio Active Member

youre expectations for communication is WAY too high. When was the last time they communicated every single change on a patch day? do you realize things were changed over the weekend and they weren't even announced? I mean, we're just the community but some players have a special relationship with the devs that allow them for secretive knowledge of things. Just how the gaming world works. its sad and its true regardless what anyone says and it will never be confirmed because its against the eula and there are loopholes that people take advantage of all the time. its just the nature of the beast. welcome to the future of gaming! just ask some tanks that raid on halls of fate server in the top 3 guilds there.
  5. shadsilk New Member

I tried to load the update but its telling me the file is in use or does not have access should I be worried?
  6. Marae Well-Known Member

I took Bardonio's suggestion to not assume that there was no fix simply because there was no communication regarding one. I am sorry to have to report that in this case, no news was not good news.

I just logged in, took my carpenter to her inn room in Gorowyn, then brought up the housing window. Sure enough, there was a single portal showing in the exit window, and it was not the one I wanted. I then went to her prestige home crafting house and sure enough, there was a single portal showing there as well - the one to my alt's house in Frostfang Sea again. I will have to pick up and put down the portal in the Gorowyn house AGAIN to get that connection to show once more. This happens every update: The problem remains unaddressed and my workaround has been undone. Are you trying to drive me away from the game?????
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Quick notes that I just put into discord as well.

The food/drink buff change is intentional, it is to fix an old exploit and those are not included in the patch notes.

There is not a raid merchant at this time but one will be added, there is not a current ETA as it is behind other things on the fix list.

There was no change to Auto Attack damage, so if you are seeing one please let me know in a DM and screenshots or parse would be helpful so I can show the dev team.

Charmed pet damage reduction was meant to be in the patch notes and got missed, They have been changed so they no longer do a melee attack so the damage does not scale off of the player's auto attack damage.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Tkoss Member

.. ok on the food/drink change i guess... did they also change the amount of food made per combine for the longer duration food/drink? Cause it sounds like my 6hour food/drink that i can make 20 at a time is now only a 30minute food/drink ( the average time to do a solo about ). The combine for the longer duration food and drink from CD and BoL needs to be changed from creating ( 1 - 20 ) to ( 12 - 240 ). Just the longer duration ones, the short duration ones should be fine.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

I am sorry but seriously, how are these updates being missed is just beyond me.

I have paid close to $300 dollars for this expansion and it defies believe that a product that for the most part feels like a beta with so many bugs and balance issues was sold to customers in its current form and the only explanation given on missed updates is that it "got missed".

I am all ears Dreamweaver.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

dreamweaver, hopefully this food/drink buff change will be refined because now it is punitive
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge that was not part of the change but I will double check.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Just want to clarify the question, are you asking how the line didn't make it into the patch notes?
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I can pass that feedback along to the dev team Bludd.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for a spell to be added to any sages recipe book.
    GRASPING BONES, LEVEL 114 NECROMANCER SPELL.
    I hope it's been added without making the notes, but I doubt it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lysia like this.
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

Still waiting to hear about the housing portals issue, too. Please, Dreamweaver, get someone's attention on this. It's been a problem for six weeks.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

(01:58) a rotting drudge: 1.35B Kuulei-Primal Instincts-1.61B
    Kuule | 1.27B
    a ske | 80.85M
    No more charming at all now, not worth it whatsoever.
    This parse is from Maiden's Eye HEROIC (normal)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sorry, not on Discord; what's wrong with the food and drink? I'm not seeing any changes on anything under 110 on the Broker...

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Zylara Well-Known Member

zoning in and out of solos is cancelling your food buff so if on auto consume well youre *bleeped*
  19. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're not going to send us all thousands of plat to replace our food, so I trust this will be fixed soon

Is there people that don't have their food on auto consume? Asking for a friend.
    Finnwizz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

HOLY SNOT! Yeah, pray to the gods that's a bug! :eek:

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.