Server Maintenance - December 20, 2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 19, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Friday, December 20, 2019 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
    Cyrrena, Laaw and Rynnn like this.
  2. Gemo Member

3. Rynnn Member

Thank you for doing what you all can do for us to play this game. <3
    God bless you all and may you all have an very Merry Christmas. :D
  4. Wilko New Member

Merry Christmas
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  5. Zyldryrth New Member

The next update for this game should include full access to broker and general chat for free to play players and members.
    it would be nice to be able to ask qeustions in general chat without payin cuz some of us cant afford all access.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all servers besides the " PUBLIC TEST SERVER " if you get withdrawal come and make a toon over here , this is a regular server , JUST BETTER .
    We get as many level 100 free toons as we got slots on out account
    get to test events up to 2 weeks earlier
    get an xp bonus year around
    can buy all advanced books without grinding factions
    can't remember all benefits right now.

but most important , we are up

you find the public test server when you click on the version clicky in the lower left corner of your launch pad and select the public test server from the drop down menu and apply.
    characters from the live servers can not be transferred here but with the level 100 bauble you right into things .
    We are a small comunety , but a really friendly bunch .

and if you like to decorate , our own Niami Denmother has two warehouses to go through and haul home what ever you like , a third warehouse is for heirloom items that can be placed into your home by the owners of those wondrous items.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Siren and 3 others like this.
  7. Ogdinmar Active Member

@Zyldryrth Unfortunatly if you can access everything there wouldn't be much reason to have a paid account. The whole point of free to play is to entice you into being a paid account. Don't get me wrong I understand that sometimes money is tight, but its doubtful that they are going to give even more to F2P players.
    Xille, daicia, Dude and 2 others like this.
  8. Graiser New Member

There's a reason they don't, and it's not to encourage you to pay. It's to reduce the incidence of spam accounts advertising "C1alis", and "lowest prices on gold, just 5$ per 1000 plat", "Try the new expansion for <insert mediocre freemium title here>". Especially accounts that are expected to be majority blocked inside of a few minutes and banned inside of a couple hours.

By restricting world chat to characters that cost something, they can keep those sorts of problems in check, because they're too expensive for the spammers to open up disposable accounts just to bother and pander to Daybreaks customers, both F2P and P2P.
    Xille, daicia, Dude and 5 others like this.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

But the first answer was also correct. It just makes no sense for people that do *not* pay to get almost as much as people that *do* pay.
    Dude, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  10. Graiser New Member

While this is true, I maintain that new players, less currently invested players, being able to ask for help and advice in General is something DB would allow and even encourage, if it didn't open them up to more problems than it was worth in the form of spammers.
    You want your free players to feel welcome so they come back, and hopefully upgrade for the full experience. Community engagement is a monetarily cheap way to do that.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I began to play on a free to play account , been playing for close to 9 years now , you have no idea how little you got at the beginning . Your being almost pampered now compared to what we got in the beginning.
    If your funds are tight , work in the game to earn krono so you can get a membership for a month.
    What I did was get into a nice guild , your not blocked from using guild chat. And you can also use the Broker chat to buy and sell . Don't get me started on how hard it was to play as a free to play person when that first came out .
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It makes no sense to remove incentives for F2P players to subscribe. Try going into any retail establishment and demand they give you their goods free because you can't afford them. Go on, we'll wait.... How did that work for you? EQ2 is already giving you a whole heck of a lot of stuff free.

$15/month isn't breaking the bank, most people spend that much on beer or pizza a week. I've had guild members who threw a paper route to get game money, or mowed lawns, or did babysitting. One youngster living in a state that requires bottle deposits went and collected bottles and turned them in for deposits to fund EQ2. Like many other EQ2 players, I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I budget that $15 for the game along with my other expenses because it's important to me.

You can find ways to make enough plat in-game to buy Krono and pay for your subscription that way, too. This usually involves harvesting and collecting shinies and selling them.
    Siren, Naramsin, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Venez New Member

Interesting f2p can afford the computer and internet but not $15 to get the game... always made me laugh.
  14. daicia Well-Known Member

Join a good guild. There are many out there who will help you work around the F2P and guild chat is not restricted.

You could also earn plat in the game and buy Korno from the in-game broker to pay for your membership.

Also, if you buy multiple months of regular membership with a debit card, you get a discount. You'd be hard pressed find this much entertainment for free anywhere and the annual is around $10/month (paid as a lump sum). I think they work on this hard enough that I'm willing to pay that much and skip other forms of entertainment when dollars are tight.
    Siren, Naramsin, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  15. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I have been playing for 9 years this last August, but I always had the impression you were one of those veterans from the very start of the game!

I raise my glass to you!
    To 9 years, and may there be 11 more!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hugs Naramsin :D:cool: I met people who know a lot after only 1 year and others who are surprised about things that were around for years ." I stikes me noses into everythings , looks into every hole , try everything , and click on everything I can
    ( sometimes not a good idea )
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Naramsin like this.
  17. Ogdinmar Active Member

All though there should be maybe some bonus unlocks for F2P players if they buy the current expansion. Like free use of world chat for the expansion and maybe a stack of broker tokens or broker use. that way they are paying on some level for the game.