Server Maintenance - April 13, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 12, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Developer

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Find the notes here!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Will the Tarinax beta and Test remain up?
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Welp, it's 10:09am EST and Tarinax is still up, so apparently so. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Hilarie New Member

The downtime you say, pretty consistently misses what in game says.

Is the expected downtime 1 hour or 2 hours, does someone else set the in game messages?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

For better or worse, it's usually a two hour DT. Not always. I've seen notes once \ that said one hour and it goes on for 2. I have no idea if someone else does "in game" messages, but it ain't likely Dream's even in the office at 7 am. It's going to be what it's going to be. If it comes up in less time than 2 hours, then fine.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Servers up again - much faster than expected ;)
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

They were like 2 minutes late today loading up the patch which takes the game down. I was on my Wood Elf Assassin/Carpenter Cedarlilly Wynde and thinking OK I'm gonna get bumped, tis going down any second now .. until 10:02 AM EST. Then it did bump. OR maybe my computer clock is off! Yeah I think that's it .. I just set it to my watch after doing an Update of Windows10 that took like forever and a day to get done. Wrote a 4 page letter to my sis in Jersey while waiting! hahah

Oh but meant to ask = so I guess it's like once a week update now on Tuesdays or Wednesday? I don't mind a 2 hour wait for corrections/new content at all. Like somebody said "better to get things fixed often than to have wait through to less frequent updates." Some problems just need correcting Like = yesterday!
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

And still no ability to have House Actors become Vah Shir. Or allow them the Vah Shir dance. Come on guys.
  9. dreamweaver Developer

Yeah I dont set in game, not entirely certain who does. I trying to make certain I give them ample time, does it's usually come up before the two hour mark? Sure, but better safe than sorry.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have seen it 2 or more hours ahead in-game. It always says 1 hour. Last week, it says coming down in 2 hours, around 10 to 12 hours after the system had come back up. For the later one, I hadn't logged in during the morning.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Public Test frequently dances to its own drummer. ;->

Uwk
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For the longest time, it always said "2 hours." This "1 hour" bit is recent. ;->

Uwk
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon, Whysp, you know the updates/maintenance/whatevers are always Tuesdays and/or Thursdays unless something comes up on an emergency level. That's the only time we get Wednesdays or Fridays. ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.