Server lag on Storms

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina, May 15, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Sorry for the late response Whilhelmina! Are you still having issues with the Storms server? You may want to send in a support ticket so our tech team can further assist you.
  3. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

Yes we stillhave issues with the lag on Storms.
    On eq2 we have pve and pvp servers ,Storms is another class : a PlayerVersusLag server

Smokejumper wrote the 10/27/2011
    Just realized I never finalized this thread.
    All server upgrades were completed back in July/August, including The Storms.

I think it's a lie
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Edel@Storms wrote:
    Edel, have you sent a support ticket about the issue? If so, then you're more than welcome to PM me your ticket reference number so I can personally investigate in the matter.
  5. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

pm posted , support ticklet opened , can you give us a more powerful server now ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I wonder why we need to open a support ticket for that.
    Last year, all servers were shedulded for a harware upgrade. Said upgrade asked for the servers to be brought down for 8 hours. All servers went down for 8 hours one after the other. Except Storms.
    The first announcements gave the time frame for all US servers. We were then told that Amsterdam servers would be upgraded later. Then Splitpaw was upgraded. Then finally Valor and Sebilis. And still we waited. And waited. And waited. Some players wrote to Smokejumper asking when the upgrade would finally come...

And then Lo and Behold! we got the quoted message above... Except that we never had any downtime exceeding 2 hours. The first long downtime we had was for the last expansion in december!
    When we finished the spire reconstruction event in Eastern Wastes and then later the druid ring reconstruction in Great Divide, the first of october (posted here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=503296) we had to make sure we never had more than 60-70 players in a zone or the zone would crash. You can compare it to big servers like Antonia Bayle where 350+ people were in the zone without having the zone crash. Of course, we couldn't have 350 players as it's more or less the amount of players of all levels on the server at peak time, but still...

Can you give a yes or no answer to this basic question that is ignored by all red names since last year: DID STORMS SERVER GET A HARDWARE UPDATE LAST YEAR? Yes? No? Strike out the wrong answer pretty please.
  7. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Datas ?

On Splitpaw there only starts to be major lag in contested skyshrine when the zone is close to 100 players. There is major lag on Storms at 45 players.
    When one plays in Skyshrine instances at pick times (9pm CET, midday PST), there is very very very often a 2-3 seconds latency when casting any spells. There is never this kind of massive lag on Splitpaw.
  8. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

*sight*
    Still no answers on our "little" server problem?
  9. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Bringing back same question for same problem on first page...
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

No new information yet, my friend. I will let you know once I do recieve new information.
  12. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Still no news I suppose?
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Whilhelmina, I honestly have not recieved any yet. I do promise you, If I learn of anything (good or bad) I will be more than happy to let you know. I'm on your side.
  14. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

We need another server, we can't raid
    Storms a besoin d'un autre server , ne nous pouvons pas raider dans de bonne condition