Server issues AB mostly could be others

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Snowknight, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Snowknight Member

Hello just curious as to whether anyone else is having issues in game atm, specifically on AB.

For the last hour or so both my bf and I have been unable to login. We get to finding characters then get kicked to char select with only one (of 13) characters showing up on that screen.

I do not think it is our internet connections as we don't use the same ISP nor live in the same country atm, and both of our pcs can run the game fine.... with my own being brand new 3 days ago, and it worked fine in game for that amount of time.

We have looked over the forums and all we found was a post from last month with people saying the exact same thing as is happening to us atm. A dev replied ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/characters-missing.568674/ )and said it was a database issue and they were looking into it. As I said though that was a month ago.

A curious thing is though - had a char slot open to make a char on and i was able to make a new char and login to game fine on her.
  2. Terrindor New Member

I'm having the same problem, also on AB.
  3. Malikii New Member

Yep same problem here. Been going on for more than 2 hours now :( on AB
  4. Properman Member

Yup, not a happy camper here. This is wasting my day off that I had planned. Trying to get a toon up in levels for a progression raid on Friday. Running out of time cause of this.
  5. Calamoor Active Member

Yes, it appears AB is having login issues and doesn't seem to be a high priority to get it back up and running. I'm wondering if this is the next stage whereby we were crashing while just wandering within zones. I've viewing the character select screen and noticing the status flipping between unavailable and available.
  6. Ignited Member

Been happening since last update. Can't play any AB characters now. Server issue. Now we just wait.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't log in. Initially it says server is DOWN, then occasionally it will free up, only to say it can't find my characters and prompts me to exit.
  8. Coty Member

Good times. I am now downloading updates to the last mmo i played so ill have something to do when eq2 decides to throw a tantrum and randomly stop working. Best part of all is they are planning to merge the japanese server with AB too so I can't see this getting any better.
  9. Snowknight Member

While on one hand it is good to know it is not just me, on the other its like really? And how long will this take to fix?

Anyway thanks for the replies :p
    Ignited likes this.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I know that there have been people with what seemed to be cascading database problems since the last downtime. There were some petitions filed earlier and now the server is acting like it's down. Maybe something broke, or maybe the powers that be are fixing something and didn't bother to tell us.
    Ignited likes this.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I had the problem of zoning and being told to re-input my password only to have the game crash and I had to restart it entirely. So annoying.
  12. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

In the last 24 hours, I've crashed twice while zoning, and it's said my login failed, had to retype my PW.. On both mine and my hubby's account, we're missing our AB chrs (1 on his shows, 2 on mine show), but when I try to log them on, it tells me that the character can't be found, and go back to the patcher. I was on one of my chrs on AB for a good 12 hours straight earlier (minus one login fail crash), when I tried to zone into one of my alts houses, it took way to long to load, and wouldnt' respond to anything I did, so I restarted the game.
  13. Sereyne New Member

I can log in but all of my characters are missing from AB :( Tried re-starting, logging on my other account, the characters are missing there too. Nada.
  14. TechUp Active Member

AB server is still missing. I'm going to blame the gnomes. :D
    Sereyne likes this.
  15. Bansidhe65 Member

Same here,slight panic
  16. Oculto New Member

Same, 4 page thread in support too.
  17. Lartria Member

I have the same issue. On my main account it doesn't show any of my characters at all.
  18. Twincaster New Member

Yep the 2 toons on the AB account have been missing since last night - tried making a new alt since I needed to get on the Ab server and though it was created, that toon also disappeared - so could never log in to Ab. its been since last night, so no idea when it will get fixed??
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Its Gnome punting time for the Blood Moon Festival! Oh wait, must murder a good being... gnomes aren't beings, they are animals. Small, furry and low to the ground and living in holes sound like animals to me. *sighs*

edit: Add me to the list with missing toons on AB server. *sighs* That's one way to save those small furry animals...
  20. Iuvili Member

grrrrr.......only 3 characters showing and it says, server is down. It's been saying that all night.