Server Hotfix - February 11, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 10, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 7:00 AM PST (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours for this hotfix.

Update Notes can be found in the News section of our website.
    Pantero likes this.
  2. Revraptor New Member

I hate to be a complainer but once again I wake up just two days after Tuesdays maintenance to servers down. I wanted to finish a quest before I head off to work, once again I cannot. Thanks....
  3. Revraptor New Member

Well I might. Maybe the servers don't go down till 8am for me? But still I really think this stuff should be done much earlier like 5am or something.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

I read nothing about any change affecting kaladim, so why is our server affected ?

The current expansion is fully broken, mob damage should be at least multiplied by 3 and may be by 5 we destroy anything at 80-82 in TSO heroic gear exactly like we did in Velious gear when doing ER quest for new players.

It is sort of fun but absolute triviality is not going to keep people interest.
  5. Venser Active Member

• "Corrected a bug that prevented buff packs from applying too many Sentinel's Fate encounters. "
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rengler New Member

Oh well that's good. I had already found myself thinking that maybe a book would be more fun.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Oh of course this was a major issue ! I think there are like a handful of guilds who got those charms with raid buf proc ... and so it was important.

Heroic mobs hit like VV ones ( i m exaggerating a bit but ^^^^ are like what used to be 1^) and that affects everyone but that's ok

Ability mod value may vary from 50 to 180+ and that is fine ...

T2 Tanks gear has % HP and casting speed cause for sure casting speed is golden for tanks ;-)
  8. Venser Active Member

I honestly have no idea what most of this even means
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I completely agree with that last (the numbers confuse me, too; ask me about coordinates on a three-dimensional map, I'm good); what I was confused about was the original quote, which I know is verbatim from the Official Announcement. It seems like there's a word missing in there, or...? :-/

Should that be "applying to many Sentinel's Fate encounters" or "applying to too many Sentinel's Fate encounters" or "applying too many [some things that are missing] to Sentinel's Fate encounters"? I'm confused, too. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. *sigh* People who don't understand grammar seem to have no understanding about how their lack of understanding can cause them to be completely unclear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ack. Stupid server double posting. :(
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, Jura, you haven't lived 'til you've tried to decipher engineer's notes on a drawing... ;->

Dreamweaver (or whoever it is that does the Patch Notes over there), I realize you're probably under all sorts of deadline guns, but please, take a minute or two to double-check your work, or have another pair of eyes look at it before you publish? It would save a lot of confusion. :)

Uwk
    "If I am ever the Evil Overlord, I will have a five-year-old child review my plan. If said child cannot find any flaws with it and understands it clearly, that will be the one to go with." --or something to that effect ;->