Server Downtime: Tues, Nov 17 @ 7AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

is there any documentation on this or do you have to look everywhere for it?
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Nah, Uwk....you're good!

Eek, I was Forum surfing and downtime started!! Guess there is nothing left to do, but set everyone up with Margaritas!

*makes huge pitcher of margaritas for the thread and a pot of Earl Grey, for those that think it's too early*

Cheers all! Can't wait to explore Thalumbra!!!!

Kitty
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't just drown yourself in Margarita come on over to the test server everybody can play on it its always up and you can test stuff before it goes live. I bet most of you only need a view days to get to level 100.
    especially because we always have extra xp on this server.
    and I don't know it takes a long time today to load it maybe we already got the new x pack
    anyway for anybody who wants to test stuff year around you get to the PTS the same way as to Beta you just
    click onto public test instead of beta.
    its under Versions left lower corner on launch pad for those that never left home .
    gives you drop down list
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Which part? Soft cap and hard cap currently can be viewed on EQ2U, in the form of a rollover. A lot of older players just know the caps. If you check, there may be other Forum Threads covering. It is really good to review your toon(s) and see what stats you want to work on. Used to be a very cool post by Xelgad in forums, but can't find it these days. I'd suggest pulling your toons up on EQ2U, for a start.
    • There are some upgrades to the Character sheets, I'd noticed, in the Beta....I cannot remember if they include mouseovers for this or not, sorry :(

Sidenote: Stats under Auto-Attack apply when your Melee or Ranged Auto-attack goes off; so, even if you have a killer amount of let's say DPS, if you over attack, you can miss that benefit. Enabling the Auto-attack timer bar truly helps!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Brena New Member

What has knocked the breath right out of me is this: "Repeatable quests will no longer contribute status to guilds over level 100." Most of the guild I'm in is on a "time out" right now, so a guildmate and I plugged and plugged and plugged to get to 100 to surprise them when they get back. Now that guildmate is taking a break, and the only way I can pay guild rent myself is to do repeatable quests. So now my reward for having reached 100 is to have no guild hall at all?

Did we have advanced warning of that that I missed? If I had known I wouldn't have worked so hard to hit 100. I can't believe I'm being punished for achieving a goal.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

OWE :( test server is down too should have known they wont install the x pack early o well there is always eq1
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

I thought you could put status in escrow for guild hall
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Awkk like this.
  8. Tinkerbbell Member

Remember that you still get status but it wont go directly to the guild for leveling purposes, you can Donate the status which is how the rent is paid. It's Always been this way so this in no way will affect that aspect of it. The only aspect this is hurting is how you level your guild. Guild rent and Guild xp are different. This Expac will have plenty of status for guilds to level, Also a lot of personal status. All Rent is paid by status and plat which is donated or paid straight to the house from your personal status, for guild halls its put into the door. This is to keep guilds from grinding out writs and being level 150 in a day, on beta the guilds seems to level pretty quickly ( the guild beta buffs only took guild to 100) I would wait and see what happens.
    Spindle, Awkk and Kittybock like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea and I heard you will be able to level your guild to 150 well a lot of the quests in the new zone give status
    but you need a lot of members that can go to that zone to get lots of status to get to such a level
    you still get status for yourself just not the guild that means you can still pay the rent
    you still can do thousands of the same writ till your head spins but it wont go into guild status
    I never understood that you would lose status to a caped guild that did no longer need it
    so don't fret its only the small part that levels up a guild , not no more status at all
  10. Ragna Well-Known Member

Don't panic, think about the difference between "guild status" and "personal status" and you'll see you have nothing to fear about not being able to pay for your Guild Hall. (leveling your guild past 101 might be a problem though)
  11. Brena New Member

Thank you thank you thank you. Stroke averted.
  12. Ragna Well-Known Member

Probably because you (the player) don't lose any status.

3 players do a writs/quest/item turn-in or whatever that gives 20K status.
    Player 1 is in a non-maxed guild : the player gets 20K personal status.
    Player 2 is in a maxed guild : same
    Player 3 is unguilded : same.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  13. Thoas Member

I had six of us do the Nebulous Newsies quest one day, and it leveled the guild six times...

Have fun...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Laiina like this.
  14. Eradani Well-Known Member

thx for that and thx Feldon !
    i shall go study
  15. Remters Member

Can we get a update on if the TLE servers will be down for 5 horus or not as well?
  16. Eradani Well-Known Member

are they down now? it's been more than an hour
  17. Unsung New Member

good thing KoS didnt pass, or TLE servers would have to wait for 6+ hours today.
    Kittybock likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

this is an expansion it may take 5+ hours before teh servers are up. patience young padawan.
    Kittybock likes this.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Omg...can you imagine the forums if that had happened? :)
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Who knows how long TLE will be down. Last message was for a "short downtime." Since TLEs are still down almost 90 minutes later, frankly, I'm expecting them to be dysfunctional for the entire 5 hours everyone else is down. That may sound pessimistic, but I'm basing it on past history of the server merges, maintenance, etc. I've yet to experience TLE server not being impacted by what's going on with other servers regardless of what was occurring. We'll just see what happens as things roll.