Server Downtime: Tues, Aug 18 @ 7AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Aelissa Well-Known Member

WTH was the point of of letting us buy all those expensive depots on the TLE, knowing that we would be making make shift guild halls and buying a TON of them, then restricting access so no one can use anything anymore? Was it really that big of an issue for people WHO pay to play, to meet in one house to share the depots to flipping craft? Does it really make that much difference to the devs or the quality of a TLE? The WHOLE point of a TLE is so we CAN play together and share groups and benefit FROM OTHER PLAYERS WITH OTHER PLAYERS...UGH!
    Not to mention WTH would you even bother allowing anyone to publish homes if NO ONE CAN FIND THEM TO VISIT THEM anymore?!
    Seriously? I could spend my $15.00 a month sub PLUS all the money i waste on "Daybreak" cash weekly on something else that doesn't waste my time. Maybe I will take the $65 a month I waste on this frustrating bs game and give it all to extra life instead, they certainly deserve it SO MUCH MORE!
    This game now NO LONGER ENJOYABLE, thank you,and you're welcome for all of the FREE ideas I have given you & only one single DEV ever messaged me to say thank you, that did make it enjoyable for other players all these years since beta!
    I just wish I could get a refund for the waste of time it's become.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Did not work for me pops up unrecoverable error must shut down. No game assets found. Doing a fresh install.
  3. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Haven't read everything here, but when I start up Launchpad, my list of Accounts are gone, so I reenter my username and password, then I get this message:
    "ERROR
    Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.169.11) - http://manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-en/live/eq2-en{full}.sha.soe"

So now not only has Daybreak deleted my account lists, when I do log in to them I can't get on, which is truly frustrating. Daybreak, if you are going to make these kind of changes, could you please tell us ahead of time so we could at least make a backup copy? Also, what must one do to get beyond this error?
    Alieila and Feldon like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

More information here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/unable-to-patch.562874/
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

TLE General
    Fixed an issue where players could visit published houses from anywhere.

I wasn't aware this was an issue? Could you at least allow us to visit them from inside a city?! Running through Neriak on my lvl 21 Qeynosian monk just so I can visit a someone's house and give them a supporting vote if I like it does not sound like my idea of a good time.

I guess decorators will have to live without votes from the opposing faction.
    Aelissa likes this.
  6. Aelissa Well-Known Member

They clearly didn't think this through. For amazing people like Jazelle and Niboota who put on so many, fun, decorating competitions it's going to be impossible to find any of the houses, or for their judges to help tour them. (It was a jerk move on Daybreak's part and kinda like a b*tchslap to us decorators) There's no addresses or locations on the leader board...hopefully they will fix it, soon.

Edit: Just read on another thread in housing that they are reverting it back for us, thankfully.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Well, new word from my guildies is that this was apparently put in because of some PvP server issues, and this was the blanket fix. According to them, Bunji just posted (somewhere) that they will be reversing this "fix" for the Stormhold server in the next patch.

I'm less concerned now. It won't kill me to wait a couple of days to visit people's houses. :)
  8. Alieila New Member

Back to the login issue with the Launchpad.....my Launchpad still isn't working. Any fixes yet?
  9. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Back up and running. I'm not sure if they meant to do this or not, but in the client, all toons are in allcaps. Sure hope they correct this in the official fix.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

Game Update notes are now up and it says

Stormhold
    Players may once again visit published houses from anywhere.

So decorators can be happy again. :)