Server Downtime Notice: June 25, 2013 (Extended for Guk, Everfrost, Crushbone, Permafrost and Oasis)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Amnerys Member

[IMG]

Most US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, June 25, at 7:00 am Pacific Time* for an update. The expected downtime is one hour.

The Guk, Everfrost, Crushbone, Permafrost and Oasis servers will have an extended downtime, coming down earlier at 5:30 am Pacific Time.

The EU EQ2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, June 25, at 9:00 pm Pacific Time*, and the expected downtime is two hours.

*Convert to local time
  2. Eshaac Active Member

UUmm, what's wrong with this date??

Eshaac :)
  3. Eressa Member

Ty for the heads up!
  4. Vongigglehopper New Member

Is there a reason for the extended Server down time for those servers?
    Cloudrat likes this.
  5. Odosan New Member

The reason for the extended down time for those servers is they are the only servers that still rely on 9600 baud modems. They are upgrading to 14400 baud. It will greatly reduce zoning issues. All you old EQ1 (1999) gamers will understand.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  6. Ssrilith Member

Most US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, June 25, at 7:00 am Pacific Time* for an update. The expected downtime is one hour.

The Guk, Everfrost, Crushbone, Permafrost and Oasis servers will have an extended downtime, coming down earlier at 5:30 am Pacific Time.

So if this is correct why did AB just go down at same time as the Guk, Everfrost etc then when we aren't listed to?
    Juraviel likes this.
  7. Gudum Active Member

Freeport also went down at 5:30 am Pacific Time.

Launcher and server status webpage are both showing low population on all servers.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Can we now be told why Guk, etc will be down longer?
  9. Karthic New Member

Seems like they just disabled the login servers across the board, not just for the handful of servers listed here.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

11. Juraviel Active Member

Yep, looks that way. Why they can't get things right is beyond me anymore. One thing after another lately /sigh
  12. daburn New Member

nagfen went down at 5:30 wtf will be down till 8 like the rest or what
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ops doesn't read EverQuest2.com.
  14. Mindsway Well-Known Member

15. Amnerys Member

My apologies, everyone. User error there and I apparently misread the downtime notice. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!
    Alenna likes this.