Server Downtime February 5, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    They are finally going to unleash the battleduck mount with rainbow dragon breath.....
    avashi, Shiba, Tierisch and 3 others like this.
  2. Mindsway Well-Known Member

You seem to suggest we don't have reason to complain. I think we have a very good reason to complain in this case. No in-game notice, incorrect notice on forums, and no mention in either as to what they're fixing (and why it can't wait until the morning to fix instead of during prime raid time).
  3. Lightrock Member

LOL - let the gripery BEGIN!!!

If this is because of some Erollisi Day issue, it's an EXTREMELY bad idea. No one I know cares enough about Erollisi Day to even know whether it's broken or not.

If it's about the white/black walls in Zavith'Loa, it's still a bad idea to bring the servers down during primetime. The players - and I'd be willing to bet 98% would agree with me on this - would MUCH rather see that fix done either in the morning as usual, or better yet in the middle of the night, and then simply bypass that zone or live with a little discoloration this evening. My guild locked the zone last night, with the wall problem, and had no trouble doing so.

Considering that one hour of downtime usually turns into two or more, this is a real hack job.

Overall, total disregard for the majority of paying customers' playing schedules: noted; probable motivation being the devs' social schedule: highly suspected.
  4. Steelviper Active Member

Maybe people who knew logged in shortly before servers going down, it is mentioned in the Launchpad news now - although I didn't see it the last time I logged in a few hours ago.
  5. Alhandra New Member

Poor communication skills letting us know and giving warnings in game, but at least they are fixing things. Mistakes are going to happen. They will learn.
    Gramma likes this.
  6. Linkdead13 New Member

Warning would have been fantastic.
    Steelviper and Mindsway like this.
  7. Gramma Active Member

Yeah, Afista, way to disperse the aggro.
    Tierisch and Prissetta like this.
  8. Indoctrination Active Member

WTB some patch notes!
    Tierisch likes this.
  9. Thimdirran Active Member

Cut them some slack, I mean the game has only been out a few weeks. Wait, what? Over ten years? We still can't get advance notice of a voluntary server shutdown after ten monkey-flipping years?!
    Shiba likes this.
  10. Strings Well-Known Member

I saw some black walls temporarily in New Halas today, but I thought it was my crappy graphics.

It's my first E-day, I like it so far. No idea if it's broken or not.
  11. Dashing New Member

Please read the thread before you proceed to cry about things that have already been answered. kthx
  12. Gramma Active Member

Guides told them, maybe?
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

Launchpad doesn't say 3:30 tho
  14. Haexon New Member

Another attack on Sony?
    Nezette likes this.
  15. CuffsnStuff New Member

I saw when I logged in earlier it would be down at midnight my time, oh well... its all good as long as they fix the damn lag spike issues too!:rolleyes:
  16. Lightrock Member

OK, if they're done, I take it all back, even the snarkiness. That was fast.
  17. GIndotto Well-Known Member

In EQ2 there's always reasons to complain, I don't have to suggest anything! :p

I'm thankful it's getting patched. It's a hotfix, not a patch, so apparently it was necessary to happen ASAP. An hour ago everyone was crying that 530 was prime raid time. Sucks there was no warning, yes, but at least it will be done for raids!
    Pipsissiwa and FlameDragon like this.
  18. Gramma Active Member

Back to our regularly scheduled gaming.
  19. Vasco Active Member

Fix for duping maybe? Lets hope so
  20. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, and good to see you guys taking care of things that need to be dealt with. I know you wouldn't be bringing down the servers like this unless there was a urgent reason, and I am sure you will have them back up as soon as humanly possible.

Also, thanks for your hard work fielding the flak Afista. Your position is one which is unenviable... derned if you do and derned if they don't!
    Pipsissiwa, Tierisch, Awkk and 4 others like this.