Server Downtime February 5, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline as soon as possible on Thursday, February 5 , 2015 for a Hotfix. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, February 5 , 2015 at approximately 9:00PM PST. (Approx. 5:00AM London Time on February 6, 2015) Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 6:00 CET am 06.02.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 2 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 6:00 CET le 06-02-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 2 heures.

Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
    Tierisch and Kelvani like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Will the holiday items be added to marketplace with this hotfix? I don't see them yet.
  3. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

No, the holiday Marketplace items will be making an appearance next week. If everything is done in time, it will most likely be on Tuesday :)
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

por que no en español tambien :(
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

I think it's a really bad idea to take the server down for 2 hours at the same time the majority of raid guilds are starting the last day of the week. Most usually save Thursday as the day to work on progression as all of the other content has been killed up to that point. You're not taking 2 hours of primetime from these people, you're taking a weeks worth of clearing away which they will have to begin again on Monday.

This shows a serious lack of caring on the part of Daybreak in the efforts the customers have put into progression. I don't raid anymore but I feel for those 14 guilds who have set aside tonight to work on Ritualist Villandre due to the changes made in him on Tuesday.
  6. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I studied three years of Latin and two years of Spanish while in school... but that was well over a decade ago :( I am able to understand your question fine, but unfortunately there's no way I can accurately reply in Spanish. But, I still want to reply!

The German and French translations are specifically still available because we have dedicated international servers (Valor and Storms) for those languages, and the notes are provided directly from the international dev team. If I tried to use an online translator, there's a chance something would not translate properly and I'd be posting inaccurate information : /
    Beee, Juraiya, Eles and 1 other person like this.
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Except they only do emergency hotfixes like this if something is badly broken, this time presumably something to do with Erollisi Day since that went live today. I doubt very much they planned this downtime, or welcome it's timing.

Personally I would prefer they fix a major bug ASAP than wait to fit it in around the raid guilds - raiders aren't the only people playing the game, or even the only ones playing on schedules or at restricted times.
    Juraiya, Dulcenia, Tierisch and 3 others like this.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to what could be so pressing in the scope of the erollisi day events. Hopefully its something to do with a major exploit that could impact the game as a whole and not something specific to it.

but we are the only ones who have to play on a strict schedule and sync it up with some 25-30~ other people as a matter of course. Any other playstyle can be executed at some other time, you have almost no chance of shifting the schedule of some 30 specific people for a EQ2 hotfix these days.

Hopefully it will be swift.
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

I have been seeing reports in General chat of texture issues in one of the raid zones on Guk - so it seems this hotfix will help raiders, not hinder them. I'm not a raider so I can't confirm this personally.
  10. Anaogi Well-Known Member

It's been the Deino zones in general--check the rest of the Tech forum for details. Though personally I'm hoping for a fix for the soul-crushing lag that's been kicking around for nearly a month now.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

yeah there is a texture problem but its purely cosmetic. The zone ground textures were just white, kind of looked like frostfell. Funny they would impede raiding outright to fix it.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

I hope it is teo fix the zoa instances tuesday half our raid was seeing black and the other half white wiht a few rocks and the mobs
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The hotfix is taking a bit longer than anticipated to set for launch. As a result, the update times have been rescheduled for a little later today.

US servers will come down at approximately 5pm PST and EU servers will come down at approximately 9pm PST.

I have updated the top post as well. If anything needs to change again, I'll let you guys know :)
    Tierisch likes this.
  14. Yoube Active Member

Unbelievable..... that's all I can say

:confused:
  15. Sylvain Member

I see your mistake, we are only investment capitol an nothing matters now except our $$$$
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

great there goes our raid but why did guk go down now?
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

An hour and a half til raid time... can they bring it back in time? *sigh*
  18. Thundercloud Active Member

Why schedule it or state a time you will bring it down if you bring it down at a time other than scheduled. My group just killed a named that takes a while to kill and zone crashed because server restart!!!
  19. Hijinx Well-Known Member

AB came down at 3:30 pst :(
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

I didn't see or hear any warning, but some people already knew and were saying AB would come down, 11 minutes before it came down at 3:30. I thought they might be trolling, because no warnings.