Fixed Internally Server crash?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ryoga, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

HoF isn't back up.
    Rose likes this.
  2. Jagze New Member

Wont matter....the connection path to their servers is broken somewhere. Not DBG fault most likely this time..
    Rose, Juraiya and Schmetterling like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

No matter the cause, most likely we won't see them up until someone can do something about it.
    Jagze and Rose like this.
  4. Heresford Active Member

Today it's San Diego Gas & Electric, but the problem is bigger than that. Rolling blackouts in several parts of California have been happening as a direct consequence of California's energy policies. In order to reach their environmental goals, they've taken out a lot of generation capacity, and they get much of their power from out of state. This is taxing not only their own energy grid, but that of the neighboring states from which they get their power.

I'd say it would be wise for companies to start migrating their data centers to other states. This is only going to get worse.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

With only two likes this thread will not likely float to the top of their morning to do list.
  6. Ozymundas Active Member

You think the number of likes on the forums is going to determine whether they work to get the game up and running again for people? oO
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I just got in and crashed again
    Ok I think I do something fun , like house work o_O
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  8. Bananahs New Member

Looks like there is some DNS server issues. Not just everquest having problems.
  9. defjam Member

has daybreak acknowlege the issue yet?
  10. Heresford Active Member

11. zagaroth New Member

I take it cloudflare hosts their servers?
  12. Siniztor New Member

Yea Dosent seem to be down just random crashing...I got in twice only to be lagged out..Well hope they can fix it soon as a new / retunrng player kinda wanted to waste my Sunday relearning the game.

Side Question: Dose anyone know if Day Break couuld possable help me recover my old (16 years) account I cant get back into that Email lol..was thinking maybe CC info??..I want my Collector set Dragon from launch..RIP Pepper (the Beta cat who died from being feed to much pepper) for anyone still around who remembers lol
  13. Karamella Well-Known Member

I guess Thurgadin is the only server hosted outside US. But as long as the login server is hosted in the US there is no way to play for Europeans as well :(
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Karamella Well-Known Member

Contact the customer support with as much information you can provide. I got my first ever EQ2 account back after 15 or 16 years absence and two server merges. I pnly could remember the most likely account name and email address. And the main character's class.
    Breanna and Siniztor like this.
  15. Siniztor New Member

Thanks will do tomrrow for now ill enjoy a new start relearning the game when it comes back up lol
    Karamella likes this.
  16. Heresford Active Member

The Cloudflare site says they offer network acceleration and DDOS mitigation. I'm not a network engineer, but I understand that Daybreak's external network routing (access to the Internet) goes through Cloudflare. There's a ton of back and forth about this up on Discord. One of the contributors has suggested that the root cause is with CenturyLink:

https://status.ctl.io/
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

Siniztor likes this.
  18. Karamella Well-Known Member

LotRO is down too. Guess it's cuz Daybreak is the same publisher.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

Well actually, yes. As this is a bug report thread that's precisely how it is set up to work. The number of likes attached to the first post in the thread determines the position of the thread on the devs attention list.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Siniztor , if you got problems contact dreamweaver , he's our helpful public relations manager , as in he has to deal with us rowdy group .
    he has gotten an account back for a guy who had it stolen wile he did not play for the last 15 years ,
    he got his secondary account back quickly , but his main account took a little more , because the thief had changed all access
    information .
    But with dreamweavers help even that account was returned to the rightful owner , lol the bad guy left him some fish in the house , so now he can make an aquarium .
    Siniztor and Breanna like this.