Server could not find my character.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mark100, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Mark100 New Member

This problem is some years old, google showed.

What happened.

I was in the Village of Shin on Mara, then around 30 minutes in Qeynos, then a few in our guildhall, then i used the house portal to my inn-room and there the client stuck loading, after a few minutes i closed it and restarted it and since that - maybe 4-5 times - i get to the character select screen and my character is shown in the village of Shin still but definitely i visited other places, he cannot be there anymore.
    And when i hit "play" i get the message:

"The server could not find your character. Please exit and rerun the patcher."

This means just starting the game from the scratch, right ?
    Anyway, i'm on Antonia Bayle and this shard is shown as up.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

3. Celan Active Member

4. Chrisworld Active Member

this has happened from time to time to me too, odd but for me it fixes itself after a while
  5. Mark100 New Member

The thread you linked here is for sure the same thing, i think so too.
    Today i have the same problems again, no char is playable on AB.
    This reminds me, that the devs(or someone up there) sending polls ingame if you would move to a lesser crowded server if it would be for free.

But..if a to crowded server is the problem and they have such heavy problems repeatedly, why don't they just expand it ? I dont think that money is a problem, there are not much games out there that are that efficient when it comes to shoveling money in via ingame shop.
  6. Bobosky New Member

Tried the solution and it did not work. Going on 6 hours now for me. A lot longer for others. Come on Daybreak!
  7. Euredia Member

I am not able to login either. Same error on all chars
  8. Mark100 New Member

And now AB is locked.
  9. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

yeah, they're bringing it down to figure out what's wrong, and hopefully fix it.. I hope it'll be back up soon
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Mark100 New Member

Its back but i have a lag actually of 5-10 seconds to everything whats happening. Not playable.
    Its not my connection, all things normal on my side.
  11. Mark100 New Member

5 hours later in thundering steppes its still like that.
    Fighting against normal yellow mobs as a paladin lvl 19 is a rally close thing. Usually i lose 2-3% hp, here i'm down to 15-20% hp, cause the timers of your abilities lag also, very often all are greyed out because they just not up again, because of 2 secs + 5-10 secs of lag. But trust the mob, he has no lag, he hits you happily all the time.
    Its just like banking, just like every contact to companies, insurances whatever: every **** happening will make YOU pay, will be YOUR problem, not theirs.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. Calamoor Active Member

Just got punted (crashed) to desktop while trying to harvest. I was noticing a 2-3 second lag after each pull from a node. Now getting this login issue that fails, takes you character select screen with it only showing for me 3 possible toons; noted that the launchpad lists all my available toons. The server status keeps bouncing between available and unavailable while at the character selection instance.
  13. Terrius Well-Known Member

I crashed while zoning, same thing only three characters and the server status said DOWN. :(