Server availablity

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Solus, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Solus New Member

The Check Server Status shows all servers active for 30 or so minutes

The heading on this forum announces that all servers are down for scheduled maintenance.

Which of these status reports is "bugged"?
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The first one. And it's been bugged for some time now. Patch on Tuesday (server usually always down in am)and in General Announcement on EQII forums would have given you that answer for today and you could have confirmed by trying to log in.
  3. Cyra Member

I'm unable to log in, I get to Receiving zone info and it kicks me back to the main log in with char's.
    Balcerak and Redshift21 like this.
  4. Redshift21 Member

same here ... Svarni Expanse zone on Skyfire server - been struggling to stay logged in, since update.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

first of all, this doesn't belong in bug reports. Secondly, we're all getting repeatedly tossed--5 times in the last 5 minutes--so you're not alone
  6. Redshift21 Member

... first of all ... I had no idea what was happening (where clearly you have some insight beyond my understanding) - so I thought I would post my experience to verify an issue DOES exist ... do you not agree ?
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

This does belong in bug reports. Where else would you put things where the game is not working correctly.
    Redshift21 likes this.
  8. Redshift21 Member

Exactly! ... :cool:
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, a "bug" is a repeatable software coding issue that keeping occurring until it's recoded, etc. A zone crashing isn't a bug...especially on a Tuesday after a 3 hr patch. That's caused by everyone trying to log in at the same time and overloading the zones. Personally, I would have stuck it in General Gameplay discussion. The fact that it "fixed itself" in about 20 minutes from coming back up should tell you something.
    Tkia likes this.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

No it 'fixed itself' because I put in a Bug report and Caith and others investigated it and fixed it.
    Redshift21 likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

LOL...sure they did. In 5 minutes, they investigated and fixed a bug problem. Do you see a dev put anything in this thread like they usually do--bug fixed, etc.
    Tkia likes this.
  12. Redshift21 Member

Right after Caith reported they were working on it and verified it was fixed (ref : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/getting-kicked-from-game-on-skyfire.605425/ ) , I immediately zoned into Svarni Expanse ... and actually saw Caith sitting IN THE ZONE ... also targeted and gave 'em a salute, in fact. Your arrogance on this situation is proof that we need to continue using the "Bug" boards for exactly for this reason - thanks for you "insight" ... :confused: ... LOL - NOT !
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The only arrogance being displayed is yours, my friend. In the specific forum post this occurred in, he was reporting about "bugged server reports re: "Check server Status." That's not a game bug. The Skyfire bug was a completely different post. This one is still in the bug forums and frankly, should have been deleted. Ofc, the problem that caused the bug was supposed to be fixed in today's patch, but no server notes so who knows whether we actually have Familiars Wild working with new season familiars.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

there was no patch today, only a restart
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bludd. I suspected as much. Especially since the server came up so quickly. So Familiars Wild will continue to be delayed.