Seru Sanctus Researcher: Not giving out quests

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

The title says it all.. I went to the city and the NPC that is supposed to give out TS quests won't give it out.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I had the same issue in Tor until I turned in a research artifact I had. Once I did that I was able to get a quest there. I haven't been by SS to try lately though.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, this is a direct result of the attempts to get the researchers to give out a pool of quests, instead of a single item. At this point, I'd say revert back to the original code on live, work out the bugs on Test, and push it to live when its fixed. I've gotten really tired of the fix one thing break two or three approach we've seen of late. I get it, they are scrambling to fix things quickly, but it isn't working. I'd much rather them put things on Test for a day or two, then migrate it to live if it is successful.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have no artifacts. I can pick up the other two on all toons have tried. I cannot pick up Seru on any toon I have tried.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

He won't even show the list of items to be researched. It's like his conversation node either isn't attached or simply isn't firing.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to pick up a quest from any of them today. They just keep telling me they have nothing for me.
  7. Tangris Well-Known Member

Go to the bugs forum find your issue and upvote it the more votes it has the more likely it will be taken care of sooner.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'd rather they just do what they did in Anchorage and forget about complicating things by changing them. I would have expected that, by now, virtually everyone, whether a player or a DBG employee understands that this game is 15 years old on 32 bit code and has never had a major revision. Coding has been layered over the top year after year and that practice is now yielding the plethora of broken stuff. Want to make your life simple? If it's currently working(ain't bugged), then don't change it when you launch a new xpac. We've seen enough examples of what happens in this launch when you ignore the history. Now if you want to make changes, test the crap out of it to make sure it's working before you introduce it. Otherwise, you're going to continue to see what this xpac has so richly illustrated when you ignore the obvious.
    Zynt likes this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I still can't get a quest from any of them. Is anyone else having this problem?
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

No I got guest about 4 hours ago from the AC and the Ros one. But the Seru one has been broke for a while now.
    Zynt and Soara2 like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I still can't pick up ANY of the quests on my main toon. All the others can pick up two of them.
    Let's hope that this week they can fix it without breaking something else. It's really wearing thin.
    Zynt likes this.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I can't pick up writs either. Nothing has worked since I handed in a research artifact.
    I'm so sick of nothing working in this expansion.
    Rhodris and Zynt like this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

From your statement you know what is the process, so here goes the silly question... Could you have the quests already and need to craft the items? Try going to a work station and finding the door jam, compass and/or w/e the third item is (I can't remember) and see if you can actually craft them. The recipes do disappear so if you find them (fingers crossed) would hopefully mean you can craft them and turn in the quests.

There is something that happens every so often where you search your journal and some quests don't show. So going to the work station is a "sure" way to check.

Having only one character not able to pick up quests is frustrating. I hope things get fixed quickly.
    Breanna, Zynt and Argosunited like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I checked and I don't have the recipes.
    The only response I can make when trying to pick up Rush Writs in guild now is 'I am not really interested in a job right now'.
    I feel like I'm going to be stuck like this for a while and it's honestly infuriating.
    Zynt and Mermut like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

See if you have another artifact. I got bugged out when I had some, had the same issues as you, then finally I turned in the artifacts and it rest something.
    Argosunited likes this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I've searched my bags and I don't have one that I can find. I'll see if I've put it in the bank or something.
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

You could just use the search function from the Character window and search for 'Artifact.' That should find it.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I wonder what the outcome of this weeks update will be ...

I can finally pick up the quests again, I can't help but feel customer service had something to do with it. If I ever receive another Research Artifact again I'll be destroying it.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

They didn't have the standard Tuesday update so does that mean update tomorrow?
    Xianthia likes this.