Separate the Tradeskill AA from Adventuring AA!!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cinnimon, Jun 5, 2012.

  1. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

    Cinnimon wrote:
    One or the other? There are several trees that you go down. You arn't allowed to invest in most of the trees until you make certain prerequisits (including the tradeskill tree) but where you spend those points (especially within those trees) is entirely up to you.
    Now people do tend to spend the points in exactly the same place because they desire the same performance from their characters as someone else gets with a certain AA build. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a pick and choose system, rather it means most people make the same choices. I'd actually argue that the tradeskill tree is one of the few that won't look like a copy from one tradeskiller to the next. Sure anyone with 30 points probably has trim reaver and mass concervation but the other 20 points won't always be the same. Some crafters will even spend 40 points for a reason I do not understand.
    As for people saying its not worth switching, I fully understand. 90% of the time I craft on my main in my adventuring build. Even making superior adornments isn't a good enough reason for me to switch to a crafting build. But that is my own choice, I have the full ability to switch into a crafting build when the occasion calls for it, I just choose not to. Just like I choose to have a mirror made and set up a crafting build in the first place.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

    Meirril wrote:
    So you feel that is your choice? OK, well I do feel forced to do one or the other when neither are related to each other in a sense of DPS generally verses TS perks.
    The only question why be against a suggestion? It can make "the choice" you call so much easier if TS AA tree was seperate from adventuring.
    The way it seems set up now is tradeskills is the same as adventuring so the choice is yours but Tradeskills is NOT the same as adventuring so they should be seperated.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eridu Guest

    General_Info wrote:
    1) Why do you care about this? You'd really need to state that to be offering a valid opinion, short of that, it's merely some prejudice you've inexplicably decided to forum warrior over. There's so much of THAT on these forums that it often passes for fact or informed opinion but still, it ain't. Reiterated prejudice, aka repeated uninformed opinion retained contrary to any other evidence has no value.
    2) in other parts of this thread you talk as if the 20 additional AA's from AoD where put there for the TS tree, ah no they were put there to sell the expansion, since it was "Feature" expansion. They were put there to spend, and spend in the non-TS tree.
    3) Choice, yes another great forum kneejerk genius truism. The thread's about widening choice and options. No one is forced or coerced to log in but having logged in they get to have reactions to the mechanics and content presented them. No one is forced to pay a subscription month after month but having paid that subscription, people as paying customers of a service, are entitled to request or suggest or demand a refinement of that service for which we've paid. This is an entertainment product. It should therefor be entertaining, and should, wherever possible, maximize that entertainment for the payer/player. The OP asked for Convenience gawd forbid there be less tedium in an entertainment product.
    Now as for the disingenuous "no one is forcing.." haha. Like any group would knowingly put up with "I have 40 points in my AA TS tree". At this point in the game they should just open up AA advancement to fill out the trees completely instead of adding even any more Prestige abilities. They have an easier time with class balance and encounter design.
    These forums have gotten so incredibly useless I truly hope the Devs HAVE stopped reading even redactions of them.
  4. ARCHIVED-pentaur Guest

    Why would you change the entire AA system by adding in seperate Tradeskill AA's and create even more work for the dev team when the real issue isn't the AA's at all?
    The REAL issue is with mirrors being a pain to use; if people could switch on the fly and not have to run to a house to switch then this whole arguement would fade away...
    I think you would get much more of a realistic responce and an accual change by advocating some sort of improvment to AA mirrors rather then a whole new system.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

    Eridu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    1&2) when you ask someone for something you might get it but you won't like the consequences. given the fact the tradeskill aa and the aa boost of 20 at the same time it is reasonable to assume they wanted us the free choice to use those point where we wanted. if they seperated the aa pools i dont think they would give you more aas to spend. in my oppinion being able to pick and choose where to put ALL your aa points is what makes every tree balanced.
    3) consider for a moment they did do as requested but subtracted AAs from the adventure cap to put into TS AAs. what would that achieve, oh yes more choice for those that want it they can have a *top combat AA build* and *top crafter build* and not have to worry about non-crafters being more powerful in combat then them. But this would be removing choice from others at the same time.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

    what I don't get is I see no reason, at all, to up the aa. hell 300 points was MORE then enough for me to get every possible relevant adventure aa as a paladin. every single one. and the twenty extra point I put in bountiful harvest/harvesting...bcuase really..there's nothign else in the tradeskill tree of any real value.
    a 6% chance to save your items? big deal. since that 6% means that yes, in 100 combines only 6 will get 'saved'. I don't know about some tradeskills...but those that don't make consumables probably are lucky if we'd ever see that proc enough to make spending all the aa to get it worthwhile. (even if I had the aa to spend, I wouldn't. I'd save it for adventuring stuff for later.)
    with a bountiful harvest potion, the Qho cloak, and my shawl I can get lower teir rares by the bucketfull. especially in Odus/KoS were they are all nicely segregated. heck even in WL where you gotta hunt down all the nodes. I got 10 rares in 1 hour of my potion being up.
    other then arrows, alchemy potions, and maybe furniture...who really tradeskills things enough that 6% is make or break?
    and with the harvesting aa only, you can recover your rares almost as fast as you use them. and I have yet to see on any toon I play (warlock/necro/paladin/beastlord) a situation where 300 aa won't get me every decent adventure aa I could want. which leaves 20 for the ts tree..and all I've ever seen a need for there 20 aa covers quite nicely.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

    General_Info wrote:
    The tradeskill AA tree was before the 20 AA gotten from AoD so you are wrong there. Of course they intended those 20 points to be put into the adventure AA tree. They did it to max out those trees thats why the number choosen was 20. That maxxed out each of the trees, so now its 100/100 in class, 100/100 in subclass, and 70/70 in shadow.
    You said that it is your opinion that being able top pick and choose where to put all your AA points is what makes every tree balanced. You have to remember that tradeskills are a different part of the game, so I don't see how it would be to inbalance anything if SoE created 40 Tradeskill AA's that is seperate from Adventure AA's. I do that now, but using a mirror is so annoying to switch back and forth that is not what I want to spend my time doing. That is my choice and why I support this idea in however to ends up being implemented
    Your number 3 comment just doesn't make sense, they will never get rid of 20 AA's if they did this seperation so stop suggesting it and using it as something to prove your weak point. As I stated above the TS AA tree was in the game allready even before AoD came out with the 20 extra AAs. So this would not remove any choice, but adding an option to the people who have both max level adventurer class and max level tradeskill class to be able to use what they took the time to level up at the best they can be.
    Why should I be less than just a pure crafter? or less than a pure adventurer? I have spent the same amount of time on each aspect of this game as them, but then have to pick which I have to make better? That doesn't make sense to me. Again that is why I have no problem with creating some system to seperate them.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

    While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)
    Cinnimon wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

    Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    I'm curious would you be happy enough if they simple made it so you could carry around your aa mirror in a bag and use it directly from your inventory?
  10. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

    Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Get another house, put another AA mirror in it. Then you can have a tradeskill/harvesting spec, group spec and a solo spec.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

    General_Info wrote:
    No because as my Swashbuckler it resets my poisons which is annoying and those aren't cheap using 92 MC poisons.
    Plus it cancels all buffs, mounts, and anything else you have on.
    Its not a major issue, but if they just made this switch I feel the game would overall be a better experience. I have yet to hear a good reason for this not to happen.
  12. ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays Guest

    I use three gear macros to switch out between harvesting, crafting and adventuring gear and it works perfectly well.
    My only objection to the current gear system is the inventory space. Naturally I'd prefer the Vanguard solution with a craft gear tab. If crafting quests got extended to cover all gear slots from crafting rewards, it could be awesome. I had to break up the lvl 75 crafting sets to fit in the shawl, which kinda seemed odd to me, would have been awesome of the shawl was a shawl = shoulder item.
    Since I do not group much, I usually run around in my solo/crafting AA spec, but I have been in the situation of forgetting to switch too
  13. ARCHIVED-gdawg311 Guest

    If only Domino was still around and our TS dev, u might see something like this make it into the game =/
  14. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

    Zivgar wrote:
    Do you really think someone will notice that your swashbuckler isn't using MC poisons or potions in a heroic setting? The new poisons actually make poison somewhat worthwhile now, but the advantage of the MC poisons over the HC poisons isn't worth the cost when I'm just running around. As it is now, the only time I actually think about changing the AA specs is when I'm crafting something with rare items, whether it's a harvested rare, Reactant, superior adornments, or some of the various TS items from Skyshrine chests.
    I would absolutely LOVE to have an item which allows me to swap AA specs between 2 different specs. Yes it will cost me a little bit in the poisons I have up, but the cost is generally not too much of an issue. If you have a level 92 toon, you can probably make up the plat lost from swapping in maybe 5-20 minutes. People have been asking for a portable AA mirror for probably the last several years at this point, this wouldn't just help crafters but also adventurers.
  15. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

    Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    (( A few months on, and having seen the separation of Adventuring and Crafting AA is on the agenda for the new expansion, I am very pleased for all adventurer/crafters!! Well done SOE on this. :) ))
  16. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

    I am happy to know they finally have separated Tradeskill AA from adventuring.
    Now we need them add another gear tab onto the character UI window for Tradeskill armor...
  17. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

    Cinnimon wrote:
    you say that now, wait till we are grinding 40 aa's on top of the 3 new levels of crafting all with writs.
    if they are seperating the aa's we wont get crafting aa for adventuring stuff, so be prepaired to grind ...
  18. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

    yohann koldheart wrote:
    Have you even actually been on beta to see how it works? It will take almost no effort to get those 40 tradeskill aas. Furthermore I think existing crafters over a certain level (like 20 or so) will very likely get the aa autogranted since they'd have already done the work to gain them already.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

    Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Yes, I remember they did that when they added adventuring aa lol But I am more concerned with, 40 aa from 90 levels of crafting and questing for crafters and 320 for adventuring yeah that sounds about right :)

Share This Page