Senior crafter service

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cartruse, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

Hay i have been working on my tailoring crafting quest line and have gotten to the quest Senior Crafter Service, it workes good till i get to the haversting part. when i talk to the frog alchmist and get his first update to go haverst i get updated with the ravascent meet which i hade some in the bank, i then went and haversted the rest of the items: Avaik meat, Wood, and squash it then tells me to return to the frog bringing all the items. When i get to him there is no book over the frogs head nor will he update me and give me the resipe to be able to finish making the potion. so i am stuck there.

I have deleated this quest and started over with all the items on me with no luck after the updates also i have pulled all the items out of my bank with no luck.
    I did bug this this morning and am putting this here

Domi please help....

Magaruss
    Your frindly conjy
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Perhaps you need to harvest all the items once you have the quest itself?

It can be tough.... I brought my 46 Troub though that quest and everything there was HIGHLY red, but I was able to do it very carefully without gaining any aggro.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

i have tryed getting the items after getting the quest but still no luck as fas as lvl wise i am a lvl 71 conjy so mobs are not bothering me sence they are all gray to me.
    like i said i deleated the quest but forgot to say that i deleated all items and tryed it again but will give it a try one more time

Magaruss
  4. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

I've only found a few quests that let me use items it didn't specificly harvest while on the quest. The majority seem to have two conditions that must be met... 1) you get the item in inventory, 2) you harvest specific item during quest. Some quests will leave the item in your inventory, some will take the out before placing it in inventory.
    I think you just need to go harvest up the ravascent meat, to get the credit for 'harvesting' the meat, then you should get the book.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tinrae Guest

I just completed this quest on my jeweler two days ago.

I harvested everything I needed, followed the steps, etc. I had no problems, no bugs when I did it.

Did you talk to the explorers that are lying unconcious at the waterfall's base?
  6. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

ok i have re-deleted this quest and started over i went through all the steps as followes:
    step one get shard from spires lady
    step two found bag for first part of clue
    step three found cracked bottle
    step four i wend down water fall and hailed the sick harversters
    step five hailed froglok aclhemist
    step six i went and harvested Ravasect meat, aviak meat, rosewood lumber, and the Squash
    step seven gp back to froggy and once again no book no rescipe no update
    im pertty sure i am not missing any steps. this was the 5th time i redid this quest

Magaruss
    lvl 73 conjy/lvl 70 tailor on Guk
    Magaruss lvl 80 conjy/ lvl 80 Sage on TEST
  7. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Did you harvest enough of those items? Last time I did it, the ones in my bags or bank did not count....
  8. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

/sigh

ok in my bags i have:
    16 ravasect meat, 6 aviak meats, 10 rosewood lumber, 10 Squash

so being that the quest only calls for 5 of each i think i have all i need
    mag
  9. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

click the pot in front of the frog
  10. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

i did click on pot but i dont have the recipe due to froggy not geving me the recipe
    the quest says in ally i must get the recipe fr4om froggy but all he says to me is:
    "Let's Check You've got what I Listed..."
    im perrty sure i need a recipe before i click the pot

Magaruss
  11. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

friend of mine on kithicor last night alsohad this issue.

you should have in your bags a scribbled froglok recipe note.

if not, im not sure if the quest is bugged or not, i did this like.. two days ago on my carpenter.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

ok i have checked bags there is no a scribbled froglok recipe note any where to be seen and i have lots of empty spaces.
  13. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Magaruss@Guk wrote:
    So you come to the forums for help and then act like this? My question was not a bad one tyvm....

What you have in your bags and what you harvest during the course of the quest MIGHT be 2 different things.... My question to you was did you harvest enough DURING the quest to get the updates. You did not tell us that you comepletely 100% emptied your bags of all possible quest items in any of these posts...

By the way, the Devs do not respond to direct posts in many cases, so you came here looking for help from other posters as well.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

i am sorry if i have ofended any one was not my intention. Yes i did come here to get help and to see if i have over looked any thing so again i am sorry to have ofended you.

as far as a dev answering me i know that some times but verry unlikely answer so again i am sorry
  15. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Thank you for that.

Have you tried to take all those items out of your bags and bank, then start it from scratch?

The only other thing that I can think of is an in game petition. Perhaps the GM's can look at your account and maybe see if it is wonky...
  16. ARCHIVED-Cartruse Guest

yes already thought of that and got rid of all items in bank shared bank house vault and broker re-did the quest and still no recipe also i just helped my wife through the quest and she is at the same spot i am with no update so i guess its up to the GMs to figgure out thanks for all the help yall are great

Magaruss
  17. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Hmmm. Odd, I did this quest on my Woodworker this weekend without any issue...

Good luck though, I hope that they can figure this all out for you.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

I too am having the exact same issue. I pettitioned it, and they said:
    "We are aware of this issue and we have forwarded it to the development team for further review. Our development team is working on this issue and there should be a fix for this issue soon. Please keep a regular check on update notes and official forum for any update on this issue."

:|

--Tusk
  19. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Blacktusk@Venekor wrote:
    Very cool! Not that it is wonky... but that they are on top of it already.....

It must have happened sometime since the weekend....
  20. ARCHIVED-Nekowa Guest

Had problems with this quest tonight, Thursday. Got the quest in Qeynos and headed out to KoS. Examined the bag, then the bottle and then talked to the frog. As soon as I accepted the quest the lumber and squash instantly updated as finished. I thought wow thats cool they changed it to use what you have in your bags. I knew I had the lumber and assumed that I had the squash too since it updated. So I went up and harvested the meat. Came back to the frog and she wouldnt advance even tho the quest said to go talk to her now that I had everything. So I looked in my bags and saw that I didnt have the squash after all even tho the quest said I did. So I went up and got some squash and some lumber for good measure even tho I had about 800 in my bags for lvling. Went back to her and still nothing. I then deleated the quest, ported home and emptied all the wood, meat and squash from my bags. Got the quest again, examined the bag, then the bottle and talked to the frog. Again the wood and squash updated as finished as soon as I took the quest. Reported it and camped, will wait till they fix it and try again