"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

There's a lot of them around. That's not the only island they are on. *Hint* think of all the other ways to get around even as a low level character.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I am unable to reproduce this. The shaders used on all of the building blocks are the same.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Test Taffies Active Member

Ok, maybe its the lighting used, that is causing/caused the look difference.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

This is a great idea!

To elaborate further...

This is something I wish would continue to be used. we gain faction with a small group of people and then poof, they are gone. The event is gone and well the opportunity is also gone. Over all we earned faction and then its not used after the pre-lude. Bit frustrating.

What is preventing this type of faction and items from showing up at the city festivals. Rotate the special faction merchant (from prelude evets etc) one each month and change them out, small quest involved would be nice. We earn a bit of faction and still have options to get things we weren't able to. Or were missed out on when the preludes occurred. Obviously our regular holidays need not to apply at this. Just a thought. (yeah I know extra work for everyone, but maybe... just maybe the devs could make it happen. Please.)
  5. Playz4fun Active Member

Overall I am finding the prelude event to be fun and not overly tedious.

I know we can reset the dungeon for the mission quest (Cache Back, The Return) after 1.5 hours, but do we also have to wait the full "day" to pick up the quest again? Don't see a feather over the NPC's although it has been a few hours, but not a day.

Also always love seeing us sent back to areas that are no longer really "current". Great for memories..unfinished collections and even quests.

Thanks. Enjoying it!
  6. Playz4fun Active Member

Answered my own question, lol. Patience...patience.

Carry on!
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

I noticed there is somewhere around 4 or so named... rough count. Are they meant to have no dropped loot?

I'm fine if they aren't suppose to, just curious if its just not here yet or normal.

Just so they are all in one spot, recipes that are "weird":
    Calabash of Palm Wine
    Pot of Fatteh
    Camel Saddlebag
    Leather Waterskin

Several items say they need 50k faction with the group... 40k is the max isn't it? I haven't gotten to 40k to check them yet.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Changes headed to Test:
    • Pot of Fatteh – Recipe components should no longer include rares.
    • Calabash of Palm Wine – Recipe components should no longer include rares.
    • Leather Waterskin – Recipe components should no longer include rares.
    • Camel Saddlebag – Recipe components should no longer include rares.
    • Scribing recipes should no longer mention Swimming Oak.
    They should be included in the next Test update.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Correct, there are no chests in this level scaling dungeon.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Nothing that is even close to information about the content of the expansion can be shared at this time.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  11. Denmum Developer

50K is max faction (and my main has hit it)
  12. Miragian Well-Known Member

Didn't realize there was anything past Ally :eek:

We probably should assume that the vendor for the prelude event is going to poof around when the expansion comes out until/unless told otherwise as that is what typically happens.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Yavie Active Member

It appears the low level rares haven't been removed from "common" for the crafting quests. They just ate Sisal Roots and Spotted Pelts from the guild depot. Darklady
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Miragian Well-Known Member

Several of the recipes don't care if they are "low level" or not, they just eat rares period. Unless they are diffrent then the ones already mentioned it looks like they will be fixed on Friday.

\aITEM -1416023180 -920201593 0 0 0:[Pewter Candle Plate]\/a - Seems to be missing the flames?

\aITEM -1787384202 -706045801 0 0 0:[Ancient Takish Jar]\/a - Previews weirdly. (glass sections are just missing)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Wiki ain't the "same grey mare she used to be." Many's the time I've gone there looking for information and found just about nothing, other than an entry saying, "This is a [zone, item, whatever]." and nothing else. X-P

I think we need more outright information in our quests these days. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

See my comment above. X-P

Uwk
    who really misses Zam :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord, how big are these things...? :-/

Uwk
    a field biologist in RL who HATES parasites, either endo- or ecto- (and who also isn't terribly keen on things who lay their eggs in someone else, just so their larvae can eat their way out...) /shudder
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AMEN! Absolutely amen. Either that, or put the prelude items (House, Appearance, recipes, etc.) on the Loyalty Merchant for everyone, 'cause everyone, even F2P folks, will occasionally get the new expac, even at Standard level.

What I would like to see along the lines of Test Taffies' idea is have there be a currency exchanger somewhere, either as part of the City Festivals (there all the time, at each one, as an option) or maybe near the Loyalty Merchants, who could change the prelude currencies into City Tokens or Loyalty Tokens or whatever kind of tokens it'll take to be able to buy the prelude stuff.

It's not like it's costing DBG any revenue to do this, so why not? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, there's a lot of that missing glass thing going around with the art previews; I don't think they've gotten the "panes" in a number of the recent windows yet. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Just started in the Qeynos side, haven't tried the Freeport one yet, but I do like that one line:

"... it took a lot of power to send the projection. Something akin to a supernova. Burned up a bottled sun to contact us."

Someone's been watching Doctor Who again... :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.