Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2014 UNVEIL!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

[IMG]

It is with great pleasure that the Secret Santug Holiday House Swap officially opens the doors of your homes to you!

If you would like other people to enjoy your home, please make sure you change the housing access from None to Visitor!

If you wish to publish your SSHHS home, be sure to credit your Santug in the home's name.

I will update the table with links to the albums of screenshots as they are taken.

Happy Frostfell!

Please click here to see who decorated what, and to find the links to the ablums!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Wasn't able to get a table working, so just linking to a Google Doc table!
  3. crazyapples Active Member

I'm soo soo soo happy it exceeded my expectations and also with the whole community, everyone who participated was whole heartily in it. Thank you for hosting this H&T was so much fun.

On behalf of Vichane I've listed my home for viewing under Medium homes.
    I've also got some screenshots of the two homes I did and a background story of the rooms www.applesdecorating.com/#!blank/crjw
    www.applesdecorating.com/#!sshhs14-aexia/c1gfg
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I love love love love my house! It's perfect for my mystic! <3 Lizabethan!
  5. Szindrago Member

Venoch is my main, and wow..i was in awe when i walked into my house..it is PERFECT, thank you so much for putting so much hard work and care into it :)
  6. Vichane Well-Known Member

As i told Jazabelle last night when she graciously allowed me to sneak a peek...

I -love- it. When i wrote the book of what i wanted, i was not expecting what i got -at all-. I stepped in and saw the structure, the lovely gardens The beautifully done rooms (the ones that were done)...and i cried, it was so beautiful!

Thank you so much, Homes and Tomes. I will definitely publish it when Jazabelle gives me the okay!

Happy Frostfell from an overwhelmed and grateful person,
    PoVichane
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well I hope Aislynn likes what Jasmynetea did to her house.

Kiannarose's on the other hand . . we ran into a few snags . . . I don't think anything actually happened with that. Oh well . . . there is more happiness in giving than in recieving.
  8. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Kiannarose's home is being decorated :) It's just taking some time, as I wasn't able to grant trustee until less than a week before the end. You may not have your home ready for today, but it'll happen!

Everyone will have a home. It just may take a few more days than anticipated... (And next year, we'll delegate, delegate, delegate and make sure we have backup people to grant trustees so this doesn't happen again! It's only our second year doing this, so we're still learning how to make things more efficient :) )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xenie like this.
  9. Xenie New Member

I absolutely LOVE my home that Ladyvanhelsing decorated! I was squealing with happiness when I walked into it and saw everything that she had done- she put her heart into gardens, a waterfall, a men & womens bathrooms, a Frostfell wagon and even left me a small scavenger hunt! Wonderful experience :)
    ~Malice
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Love my houses. And had fun decorating for others. I'll take this experience and apply it next year for sure. Thank you all decorators :)
  11. Lizabethan Active Member

I'm so happy that you love it. I loved your theme!

And I'd like to thank the wonderful Neosho for bringing Frostfell to Rivervale for me (seriously - see it in person. It rocks). You're the best, Neo!
  12. Khraezi New Member

I love Love LOVE! my house... thank you Ziminator! I have set it for visitors and published it under large homes Freeport server for all to view
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I did blunder into my house a couple of times (she's a special case, having Betrayed to the Light Side but kept all her old houses, including her MIstmoore Crags that opened into Freeport...so she had to have a "safe" refuge, like her 2-room Gorowyn...such a force of habit... :oops:), once with her, once with an alt (again, force of habit if they blundered into her Evil Crags and were Good), and both didn't linger to spy, just took one look at what was at their feet, realized "hey, that's not original--yikes!" and immediately left. I caught a glimpse of one of the new, high-level bushes, that was about it. ;->

Can't wait to see what it actually looks like in total! :D

EDIT: O. M. G. ... wow. :snif: I was blown away enough by all the things that I knew weren't in my Housing Crate before, and didn't have any maker's mark, so figured they might be quest rewards or Marketplace items (including two House Actors [though, on closer inspection, they're not mine and may have to go back to their owners some day], and thanks, Moij, for the things I could recognize as made! :D)...but now I have another place to access the Frostfell crafting stations from (at least for awhile; they too are owned by someone else, but still! :D)...oh wow. :eek: Words truly escape me. :~-)

Just an incredible job! Thanks so much, Slibia! You truly captured the essence of what I was trying to clumsily convey in the book. :D

Uwk
    who, even now, is continually finding more and more stuff, more awesome little details...and realizing how much the lighting's improved in the place, even without a Personal Torch on, and...can we Publish these yet, Jaz? EDIT: ah, nvm, apparently we can! :D
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eight thousand apologies for starting so late, but Kiannarose's place is finally done! Da li'l kitteh brain hasn't been firing on all cylinders, as the Gnomes would say, all this month (don't even ask about RL...), so I got totally confused about when/what/etc. my "Go!" signals were, but after 3-4 days of grueling effort--well, I just hope she likes it. :)

Uwk
    whose agent on Splitpaw, Agaue, is fervently wiping the sweat from her nasty Troll brow even as we speak...and come to think, her Portal is still in there... :-/
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Its all good hon . . . I really enjoyed this! It was alot of fun!!

I will volunteer NOW to help out (at least on Splitpaw) in any way I can NEXT year. (Perhaps giving access to people . . making sure all houses are being worked on . . etc. )

I think we should let people know too that it is OK if they don't wish to decorate but they want a house decorated. That way people can matched up better. (just a thought)

*peers over Jazmyns shoulder while she writes my name down on Next years list*
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A third category, for general volunteers? Sounds cool! :D

And glad you liked the house! :D

Uwk
    whose highest-level Carpenters are only in the 60s... :-/
  17. Glenorian Well-Known Member

I wanted to put a note that I am very happy with my house decorated for me by Enigmakitten! I asked her to decorate an apartment for my wood elf ranger that comes to Qeynos on occasion to aid in the protection of the city. Even though it was a Qeynos apartment, I requested some reminders of her Faydwer home and some comforts for when she has finished a tiring job. Enigmakitten put in everything I asked for and gave my ranger a very warm and comfortable place to go when she is away from home! Terradar was excited about everything and loved all the beautiful weapons she has on hand for her work. A comfortable bath was waiting for her, and there was a nice sitting area for her and her guests. Thank you Enigmakitten!

I did have one question, do you want us to submit photos for the albums or is someone going through and taking those? Just curious. Thanks so much to those that helped run this event!
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same cause I am not sure how to put them up on the link given.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*still awaiting Aislynns reaction to her house*
  20. Cheddarella New Member

I believe Jazabelle was doing all the screenshots herself for the albums (which can be found on Facebook; you can see some of last year's entries, too), as she was returning access to the appropriate people. I think my Santee has been dealing with RL issues, so I am waiting as patiently as I can for her response, and hoping that giving her character (an aerakyn like Aleetia, the nominative decorator, altho most of Clan Laughsoutloud contributed something) a comfortable place to come to in Norrath will help ease what is happening outside of Norrath.