Season 5 Familiars

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Beee, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

I really tried to see any benefit from the Season 5 Familars.. but i did not found even one which is better.

Did I miss something?

They have too less potency (268 Potency) to replace even an untrained Detrius Mulcher (443 Potency)

If you compare eg Qharon, the Nullifier ( https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2161993430 Season 5) with Shishi Stonefoot ( https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3547865360 Season 4) the proc seem to trigger half as often without beeing twice as good

No, sadly I see no reason for switching to the new Season 5 Familars
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! This means we don't have to spend more money to buy them from market place :)
    Feara likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't investigated comparative familiar stats (and honestly, at the moment I don't plan to) but after researching mercenary stats, we found that the waves of "new" is not the same as "new and improved". Caveat emptor!
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

There is no reason unless you want to give them money for an appearance item.
    I seriously don't think they play their own game.
    Beee likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't even play the familars game. I get what I get when I get it LOL
  6. Nonsam New Member

Is there a big difference between season 4 and season 5? I have an Ethereal season 4 and the season 5 stat differences seem negligible at first glance. Does it make a bigger difference as the familiar levels up?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Multiply the starting stats by the number of levels, is all. Don't assume newer is better. Don't assume that an ethereal familiar is better. READ THE EXAMINE WINDOW CAREFULLY.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Making new content/mechanism which is not worth using makes really no sense.

But who cares.. we need not use it :)
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh, it makes lots of sense. Many people are too lazy to actually READ THE STATS, so they just assume that newer is better and spend money getting the things from the Marketplace. That makes good business sense.

I refuse to gamble that I might possibly get something good. If they sold mercs and familiars singly and you knew exactly what you would get, then I'd be more willing to open my pocketbook for them. But I won't buy them blind.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  10. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Season 5 ethereal has 266 potency, Season 4 ethereal has 242 and season 3 has it at 222.

Besides, we have a camel in season 5.