screenshot without UI?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by GretchenRPH, Apr 18, 2017.

1. GretchenRPH New Member

did a search and didn't see a likely thread, I randomly found a function key that seems to cycle through all windows highlighted, all UI hidden, and back to normal. I took a printscreen screenshot with the no UI visible, but then the screenshot still has the UI in it.

Is there some trick?

(by all windows highlighted I mean the frames and background go maximum opacity.)

I am not using any UI addons.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

It should not be visible at all, if you hit the right F key and made them all not there. Odd. Try again, make sure the screen isn't showing them and then take a pic again.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

F10, first allows fill-in for window placement, then no UI for screenshot, then again back to normal UI.
    SierraDawn, Lil Mantis and Shmogre like this.
  4. Evilnok Active Member

you have to hit F10 like twice or so to hide it to get an screenshot w/o it
    SierraDawn and Shmogre like this.
  5. GretchenRPH New Member

thanks all, works of course, I am not sure how it didn't work before. Life of a newb!;)
    Jrox and Evilnok like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

We don't mind newbs at all, after all, we were all one once. Its n00bs that we don't care much for, and you are already showing us that you aren't one of those! So stick around and play with us! We will have lots of fun, I am quite sure of it!
    GretchenRPH and Prissetta like this.