Screen effect on Kly fight

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The red sploogey effect - seeing it once isn't so bad. But seeing it several times in the fight makes me nauseated from motion sickness and gives me a headache. Please, is there a way to turn it off?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Oh so I am not the only one who feels like they are going to puke when that happens...
    :eek::rolleyes::D

I think its part of fail mechanism, we get it now and then, but we've had fights where we don't get it at all. Usually happens when you get more than 1 stack with orb up?
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

it was so bad earlier I actually called an afk to go take a Dramamine tablet. it's terrible. same reason I can't use cavedrifters as mounts or have any pets or petamorph illusions with the very fast flapping wings. I usually ask people in my group to disguise them for the moments. folks are usually decent when I explain that they make me feel ill. but those things are controllable. the sploogey effect isn't that i'm aware of. it's the same reason I never did the blood worm in the bottom of zek.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

That effect is avoidable for 95% of the fight, until perhaps final 10s in most cases.

Technically it's fully avoidable, but effort.
    Mercychalice and Kioske like this.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

If the strat is done correctly, you don't get the screen effect at all. So technically yes, you can turn it off.
    Mercychalice and Gninja like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

well, this is both good and bad to know! means we need to work on our strat, but means I don't have to feel ill forever. Just until we figure it out! LOL :rolleyes: TY.
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Acust Member

While I agree it is completely avoidable if done correctly, if for some reason you do get the effect, it can have horrible effects on the raid, as it can cause people to lag out.