scrap metal

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Big G, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Big G Member

where do you get the ginormous scrap metal that is the fuel to make the spider?
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

When the PQ's finish, the big robot falls from sky, you can harvest it 5x per PQ
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

And it's all no trade - pretty crappy of them to do that if you ask me!
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You can harvest it for a long time after the PQ is finished and Bountiful Harvest works on it. I think they did a great job keeping it off the broker, and considering the damage reduction clicky item is pretty uber, it gives you a reason to do the PQ to harvest the blueprints and scrap. I just wish the blueprints stacked.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

It would be nice to even have it heirloom instead of no trade, not so alt freindly but i do enjoy running the pq.
    santargria likes this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

+1 - agreed

Heirloom would certainly be a plus for me
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but also not Alt friendly - another straw to break the back and another dig at alts.

Heirloom at least should be the norm for these things if they are truly NOT anti alt.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The limited use on the recipe already limits that.. That is way more the limiting factor then the scrap
  9. Determind Active Member

I heard you can harvest it with your alt after you complete the PQ on your main or other character.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Nothing stopping you from camping your alts in Atonica or Commonlands and using them to harvest now is there? I know that's what I've been doing...
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I have half a box full of the recipes... that's why I wish they stacked.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering all your toons can get 5-8 scrap per PQ.. even if none of your toons participated in them.. I still say the recipes are much more the limiting factor then the scrap :)
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

It's not necessary to do a PQ; you can harvest the NOTRADE materials 5x per toon for about 1h after the PQ (but this might be a bug)
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of recipes so far, so many in fact, that I'm pretty sure I have enough to last me until next Tinkerfest. Now if they would only stack...

And to be honest I'm not sure I understand what point you are trying to get across.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipes can only be gotten by doing the PQ.. the scrap can be gotten by anybody if they've participated in the PQ or not.
    Making the scrap no-trade isn't at all limiting what people can make.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I know that, I'm just trying to figure out what that has to do with what I posted.
  18. santargria Well-Known Member

So, I must be missing something here...

The scrap is all No trade - what value does an alt have harvesting scrap if they can't use it anyway?

If the scrap was at least heirloom, I could understand the logic.

Perhaps you all have 500 tinkerers on every toon, I have 43 toons 3 of which are my primary tinkerers and 9 are my primary crafters and 3 are my primary harvesters.

Not being able to share the scraps is an impediment to making items
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The green adorn is a pretty good one and can be commissioned, so for non-crafting/tinkering toons, they just need to harvest 30 pieces of the no-trade scrap metal and find a kindly tinkerer with the recipe to make it for them.

I was extremely annoyed that decent gear was being gated behind a holiday event ("Holidays are supposed to be *fun*, not required grinding, darn it!"), but this was an excellent compromise: Everyone can get the adorn with a little bit of effort and you don't have to mindlessly grind "fun" events or max level a tinkerer to get the benefit.

(The familiar is all no-trade, so you do need to do the PQs and be a tinkerer to make it; fortunately, it's not much different from the other Fabled level ones, so isn't as much of an "only way to get this advantage is doing the holiday stuff". The damage buff, though, is a bit more questionable, especially with the limited recipe uses...)
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  20. santargria Well-Known Member

Ah I see what you all are doing - I just figured I would harvest enough scraps on my crafting/tinkering/harvesting toon to make enough of those for all my toons -

thanks for the clarification - Makes sense that way
    Shmogre likes this.