Scouts can Backstab while Soloing

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-rifter2, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Predators get an attack that stuns the mob, stops attack and puts you into stealth, all in one move
  2. ARCHIVED-Kai'va Arroska Guest

Provides plenty, I use it regularly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aslan's Friend Guest

I have a new scout in Freeport fresh off the island (level 6). I started using this technique this morning and it works ver well. However, I hate having to turn around to see my opponent since I am not well coordinated.
  4. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

I'm not sure about scouts but I have a monk that I use this technique on, once you have a mob targeted, you don't actually have to turn your char, just get behind them and it will work fine.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pashta Guest

You don't have to turn around to use your next move, that's the great thing. That's why there is enough time. Just move forward, it pushes you around the mob, use the back/flanking move, then just move back in front of mob again.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aslan's Friend Guest

Doh, that's the part I missed. :smileysurprised:
  7. ARCHIVED-Piepan Guest

my bud can do it, i was never able to however
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Little Zabi has been doing this: starts fighting, activates and completes a HO then stuns the mob, runs through the mob and then backstabs (or what ever the spell is called)
    It's real fun watching him leap up and slashes down. It's even more fun fighting bears, just between the time the stun wears off and the bear turns around they are trying to 'snap' at me, it looks like they are trying to bite their shoulder :womanvery-happy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Morlach Guest

yup works a treat and is a great tip
  10. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

Sadly, as good a tip as this was, scouts have all had their "stun" abilities removed.

This no longer works as of LU19
  11. ARCHIVED-Kai'va Arroska Guest

Thats odd and from what I can tell, untrue. I didn't have any issues with using it today.

Might want to recheck your skill book, many skills have been renamed.
    Message Edited by Kai'va Arroska on 02-03-200612:40 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

Odd. I did not notice that last night. I was practicing the multi-shot arrow attack (they changed the name and I now forget it). I would hit a mob wiht a stealth attack, cheap shot, and then back away with the multi-shot arrow trick. Up until today I was not aware of the stun, run through/around, stealth attack techniques. I do know that what I was doing worked like a charm on them. I did note that I had some spells that were non-functional on my toolbars. I removed then and replaced them with the same spell and all was working fine.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mugok Guest

Not true at all. Cheap Shot is still in your knowledge book, just replace it on your hotbar. Furthermore, all of my brigand-specific stun skills (the Subdue and Deceiving Blow lines) are still functioning exactly as they were before LU19.
    In short, there has been no change to the brigand stun abilities, and presumably this applies to all scouts.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

my rangers Cheap Shot is still intact. You people probably need to look closer at your book...
  15. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

You're quite right.

My swashbuckler had both its stuns taken away, and my wife thought her ranger had its stun taken away, but we see it's still in the abilities book, she just had to re-load it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashan Guest

I'm a ranger and been using this alot and also noticed that you can use stealth attacks that doesn't need to be performed from behind without stun. Just time your shadow or whatever the shorter stealth is which also lowers hate and hit your stealth attack. Sometimes it works as the mob hits you just before you stealth and you have time to perform the stealthed attack before you get hit again. With luck it works.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zinzig Guest

I''ve been playing for a solid 3 days now and this is definitely something I want to try. I've been using my various bleeds/dots and using the cheap shot/stealth/attack from the front only. This allows an extra 40-60 point shot but with what is suggested here I should be able to pull off the bigger hit for 100+ (only level 15 atm). Great idea and looking forward to trying it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Scactha Guest

I´ve played with my 48 Dirge, a Ranger to 12 and an Assassin to 11 since LU19 and everyone can do the Cheap Shot -> Sideattack with Stealth -> Stealth attack with no problems. Well Dirge doesn´t have one. Cheap Shot is no longer upgradable either.
  19. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Do scouts get a non-stealthed back attack? Haven't played Zabi since before the Uber-Nerfage and have forgotten what spell he used after stunning with Cheap Shot
  20. ARCHIVED-evilpants Guest

This technique is my bread and butter. I like to slap a mob around a bit with impale/bleed/DoT then stun/step around/shroud attack (puts you in stealth after landing) then drop shadow blade. If they survive the first round I usually hit them with torture (drop to your knees) followed by pierce (hows that dagger to the eye feel?) This works pretty well on regular mobs up to heroics unless you get adds and that messes up the whole process, hehehe.

Haephestus 18 Assassin - Guk