Scout rundown for Fallen gate for a new player.

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bludstained, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Bludstained New Member

Hey all! I've played EQ2 to level 80 on a necromancer on the regular servers and I came back just to try out the Vanilla Fallen Gate stuff since it seemed to be so popular, however, I wanted to give a scout a try!

I know it's probably asking a lot but can someone more experienced than myself give me a basic rundown on the roles & abilities of scouts in TLE servers?
    I know the basics being like dirge/troub is a bard, Ranger & assassins are dps and I'm unsure about brigand/swashy. I'm having a really hard time picking which scout I want to play as I want to be able to solo/duo effectively with a buddy, as well as be fairly useful later and make my playthrough fairly enjoyable.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Ferk15 New Member

I haven't played in a few years myself but came back for Fallen Gate myself. When I did play, however, I was our raid groups Scout leader. Here's the run down as I remember it, though small things may have changed, the majority should still be the same (someone please correct me if anything is amiss)

Predator: Assassin/Ranger
    Pure DPS. These two classes don't bring a whole lot outside their DPS to a group (assassins have a hate transfer but that's about it). Rangers want to be behind most other scouts but just barely, they want to be able to use both ranged and melee combat arts. Assassins want to be right up a mobs butt. Both are heavy on positioning behind the mob. Rangers tend to do better on AOE fights where assassins excel at single target fights.

Bards: Troubadour/Dirge
    Excellent utility with some DPS. A lot of that DPS, however, is locked behind AAs for right now. Both bring a lot of buffs to the group and can throw out some helpful temp stuff. Troubadours tend to help Mages and Healers a bit more while Dirges are more for the Scouts and Tanks. This is mainly due to what group buffs they provide. Dirges will also be able to help with rezzes in the late game (lvl 44).

Rogues: Brigand/Swashbuckler
    Debuff and DPS. These two fall into an odd place in EQ2. Neither will compare to the Predators with straight up DPS (though they will be closer to that than the Bards), but their debuffs can be difference makers in late game groups/raids. Brigands tend towards mitigation debuffs and single target damage. Swashbucklers carry more offensive debuffs and AOE damage. Both want to be behind a mob but they aren't quite as reliant on it as the Predators.

I hope that gives a good overview of the classes without putting my opinions of them into it. I'm not sure how things will fall without the AAs (I didn't play without them before) so there may be some slight variation on what I've said.
  3. Solmors New Member

Ferk15 got it all right, I'll just add a bit more.

All classes can be put into tiers for where you should expect their DPS to be in relation to other classes.

Tier 1: Assassin, Ranger, Wizard, Warlock, Beastlord
    Tier 2: Brigand, Swashbuckler, Necromancer, Conjuror
    Tier 3: Dirge, Troubador, Coercer, Illusionist
    Tier 4: Shadowknight, Bruiser, Monk, Berserker, Fury, Inquisitor, Mystic
    Tier 5: Guardian, Paladin, Channeler, Warden, Templar, Defiler

Of course every expansion is a little different, in some a T2/3 get buffed do T1 dps, or a T1 gets a nerf and only does T2. But this list is where you can expect each class to be on average. The xpac that least follows this list is the current one, because KA is a shitshow.

The reason why having Tiers of DPS is tradeoffs. T1 dps do the most damage because they offer nothing else. Rogues are T2 because they trade some dps for debuffs, summoners trade soloability for dps, dirges trade group buffs, etc.
    Ambi likes this.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

While the lists people make here might be true its far from the truth on FG until AAs, and in some cases, not even before Prestige AAs are unlocked..

Paladins just as an example has the best HPS and is a T2 DPS on Fallen Gate at least until KoS
  5. Jasmin New Member

At the moment things are like this.
    Tier 1 Beastlord, Conjuror
    Tier 2 Assassin, Ranger, Necromancer, Coercer
    Tier 3 Dirge, Troubador, Brigand, Swashbuckler, Wizard, Warlock, Illusionist