Scout epic pets nerfed almost 75%????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twinbladed, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'm apparently terrible then, because I'm only doing Faceroller-level DPS on that fight. Probably time to quit EQ2.

While we're being serious, I'd really like to see a 3B parse (BL or otherwise) on Xalgoz. Since latest patch, that is.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

you mean compare to summoners epic 2.0 pet and ranger pet?
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

There are also beastlords out there dumping on us. If you look at eq2u, the Russian beastlord was doing Faceroller's current dps before epics were event put in. Imagine what he is doing now.

Elaborate? Are you consuming the tears of mogrim still? The epic pet's dps is only 1.3-1.5x that of the GM pet, so even less than that from an ancient scout pet upgrade. On a training dummy it sustains 600-700mil dps on it's own, whereas my GM pet sustains 500mil+ on its own. Throw in combat mit and t2+ it sustains less than half of it's normal dps because the auto attacks don't work properly.
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Oh and don't forget to have the new pet we as summoners have to give up one of the main advantages the class had since the beginning of the game (split aggro)
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

You people keep comparing DPS vs DPS. That changes depending on how long the fight is. Start looking at total damage per cast. That's how you find out if something needs to be tuned down or fixed.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Or stop looking at the charts and start looking for some fun (unless chart looking is fun for you). If the boss dies and you get the loot, does it really matter if it took 2.4 minutes compared to 2.6546 minutes? Lets just have fun and get loot! *runs back into the shadows wearing a clown outfit like IT did*
    Jrox likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Its hard to have fun as a warlock is any Templar can easy outdamage you
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I have a 100 warlock but I stopped playing her in ToT, realized that for me, my SK was more fun. I do less damage than her but with MUCH less agro, better mitigation and more emergency 'Oh noes" abilities to save me. Since my guild doesn't care that much about dps charts, I went back to my aoe dps SK. I know that if I got her the potency my SK has she would totally beat me on damage, but I have more fun with my SK as I feel safer with her. However, I will be glad to run with a warlock who will blow me away on aoe dps AND single target dps. And cheer them on! As long as they are having fun!
    Jrox and DoomDrake like this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well to your disappointment - not likely
    a) you can see warlock (to begin with)
    b) warlock would blow your SK DPS (unless its Yards :)) even on AoE fight
    Everything now degraded to the point
    a) what ascending class you are (and warlock HAVE to play thaumaturgist or face that wont trigger some of their more crucial abilities like because they require nox damage). what level your ascending spells and what mythical ability your got with your new Epic 2.0
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

You are aware that people have trying ot argue about this for months and months are you are all wrong lol

[IMG]
    upload picture
  11. Vogie Active Member

I Could be wrong about this BUT I do believe that was in direct relation to the T4 mobs where Geomancers are doing twice the dps as any other Ascension. No other meaning behind that from what I gathered.
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Yeah seeing as people don't really read discord (which I don't blame them) was just showing hard headed that there is indeed a difference in physical and magical damage with combat mit, and it's not just t4. It doesn't work the same in just about all content, hence all the forums complaining, but I also don't think it is the only issue, but someone needed to verify that there is indeed a difference between physical and magic damage applied to combat mit.
  13. Luhai Active Member

Is that a photo of your monitor? [IMG]
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

Twinbladed, you are still confused. Combat mit is hurting magical more than physical not the other way around. It is easier to see the difference on t4 because they have a lot more combat mit.
  15. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but they need to make a change all around, there should be balance in all teirs, I have not seen t4 so I can't debate t4, only few have. I have seen everything else and it doesn't scale either. I am not disagreeing that t4 is for physical damage, my thing was the consistent disagreement that all combat mit is the same, which is entirely wrong. If it's going to take a year to balance out dps ( assuming by the numbers they gave) then it is going to take awhile to balance out combat mit. We've tried several different scenario's, and when combat mit is not in the equation, things smooth out much much better. Also noticed when you don't add epic pets into it either, there is also a lot more balance. Taking a short amount of people into old content from last xpac in Scourge vs looking at the difference in newer mobs, classes that normally drop out are maintaining better off old content against players they were getting demolished by with new mechanics. That was the only place honestly to test the idea, because the training dummies have almost no mit on them at all, so it is hard to get realistic numbers.
  16. Vogie Active Member

Gninja - Yesterday at 4:08 PM
    combat mit is getting changed for May update but we are going to reduce it by a lot. Its balanced for current content but with the physical versus magical damage issue we will have to rebalance the combat mit in order to not just reduce physical and things really are unkillable

Gninja - Yesterday at 4:10 PM
    the problem with physical versus magical is because they go through different paths in code in terms of mitigations

This is what I read in Discord yesterday.
    DoomDrake and Twinbladed like this.
  17. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Good, that's a much better answer than the vague one they gave yesterday