Scout epic pets nerfed almost 75%????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twinbladed, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Ok, as for Kioske reply, no they are not the same way mitigated and you can ask a dev yourself that exact thing. You can't take a totally different avenue of resist and place it into the same category as another type then say it is the same because you believe it to be that way. It is coming to the conclusion that numbers need to be drawn up from all different areas to prove this point on paper. Arcane, Elemental, and Noxious damage are not even coded remotely the same way as physical mit. They don't even work on the same percent lines. That's common logic. Hence why there is so many types of debuffs, and each one does better for another specific arch type. So no, that's not how it works at all. This isn't even a complaint about the pets being nerfed a little either, they were nerfed a lot. No one would have cared with a small minor fix, but being an extremist about classes they don't even play an only let a handful of people do on closed betas isn't exactly the right answer and never has been. I can name a 1,000 things they do not work correctly in this game, so just because they think one way doesn't make it actually right. Nothing to do with one you can't click one button an top the parce. I was playing my class when no one was playing it so that bird doesn't fly.

As to tupper, no one is crying, asking for a logical fix as a paying customer for years of loyalty and still putting in work so the ends justify the means is not way out of site. Their problem isn't our problem.
    captainbeatty451 and Daalilama like this.
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Combat Mitigation mitigates ALL combat. It is not a magic resist or a physical resist, it is a combat resist. The CM addition was added to mitigate ALL damage.
    DoomDrake and Snikkety like this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'm not going to link parses from a guildie, but I can say this, the dumbfires BEFORE the DPS mod buff today were still doing 20+ billion per cast. If that's "nerfed too much for you" then I suggest you play a different class. Heads up, no one else's epic spells are doing near 20 billion per cast, unless you play a conj/necro. So your choices are limited.
  4. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Link them with a current date.
    • Primary and Swarm pets will now share 20% of the casters DPS stat, and 100% of the casters strikethrough.
    That has nothing to do with scouts. Read discord chat from the devs, if was pointed at summoners.

All damage is not the same, just because something mitigates all damage doesn't mean it's equally mitigated. I explained that earlier. Different types of damage get mitigated differently. Another reason you've had the ability for 3 xpacs to change your weapon type damage. Same reason different mobs respond to different damage differently. Physical mit is not magic, it doesn't apply the same. The biggest spell hit in the game are from Etherealist spells...

• Etherealist: Masters of arcane and planar energies, Etherealists deal with the manipulation of ambient or latent magical power. Etherealists convert ability damage to magic.
    They do magic damage. The rest are cold, crushing, and disease. They also have huge damage hits on Thaumaturgist on base stats seem on par with Etherealist, but they're not. Why is that? Why would a base number look equally as powerful as another yet when actually used it isn't on par with the other spells? You answer that know. Also explain why you think physical damage is equally mitigated with combat mit, when it's not even remotely the same damage in any shape or form. If combat mit is equal across the board, then why are guilds like revelations changing their damage types of their entire raids in t4 to do only 1 type of damage?
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Oh yeah? How about the BS that wizards got? An ability not worth casting got buffed... into still not being worth casting. And, what, 15 fervor? For 10 seconds. To us only. No utility, low damage increases, and you're complaining
  6. Daalilama Well-Known Member

What Twin seems to be trying to bring up is that CM seems to be affected diffrently from magic based attacks vs melee based attacks regardless of what the devs intended...if that is the case than that is a serious issue....as for the pet nerf it simply does not make sense with the dps nerf which looks considerble yet they are able to be killed....not very epicy in any sense of the way....not sure if making the epic pets immune to damage in part or in whole would be a compromise the scouts would settle for if their dps is going to be at this amount now even at ancient.....
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

The thing that Twin doesn't understand is that he is talking about nox/arc/ele resists vs regular physical mitigation vs combat mitigation. Combat mitigation is separate from the other two types of mitigation and has NOTHING to do with them. Combat mitigation mitigates damage from magic and physical equally. Nox/arc/ele mitigates differently than regular physical mitigation, but it is separate from combat mitigation.
    DoomDrake and Errrorr like this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Twin you are mistaken (to extend)
    CM is something similar to what was back in time Critical Hit Mitigation - well not exactly but close enough
    resistance and mitigation still here but the way it work(ed) did not stopped DPS mudflation which came with Pot mudflation, Ascending and Epic 2.0 - that was expected by Devs. Due to limited resources easiest approach was used. Put in game universal parameter (much like fervor if you will) that will reduce incoming damage instead of multiplying. From my understanding that combat mitigation for T4 so high that even top 10 guilds can generate merely 100M raid wide DPS REGARDLESS of type damage. Having CM making sooooo much easy for DEVs to control incoming damage
  9. Vogie Active Member

If it's my parse go ahead and link it if it will solve the current issue I have nothing to hide but my terribleness as a BL :(
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

Scout epic pets are still amazing, especially when compared to other epic abilities. I know it's only natural that a few people will cry when their out of this world epic abilities got brought back down to earth.
  11. Vogie Active Member

I by no means am a super dps Beastlord but my Savage Allies are still in the top 3 on my parse, I could be doing something horribly wrong though but they seem strong to me.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And what is not toping parse (if this not a secret)?
  13. Entropy Well-Known Member

On trivial raid mobs that die in a burst burn, yes. Not the case for any kind of sustained combat. Of course a 90-120 sec cool down high damage spell will parse well if the fight only lasts 10-30 seconds.

I care a lot more about non-trivial fights. Summoner epic pets are sustaining 600M+ DPS. Ranger hawk is sustaining 400M+. No one is asking for ***/BL dumbfires to do that much SUSTAINED, because there has to be some drawback to having burst value... however, right now, they appear to be a bit undertuned.
  14. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I think the thing we need to look at with these epic spells is how much do they add to your damage, not how they compare to other class spells. And I know that higher end raids are very competitive for dps slots. however, the devs said specifically that they don't compare and balance classes to each other. It was in discord.

So that being said, when I first got my epic spells and weapon, my dps went up by about 200 to 300m. Some of this was from the extra fervor that I now had. Most was from the new pet.

When other people in my raid got their epics, specifically looking at a ranger, coercer, and a wizard, their dps also went up by roughly 100 to 300mil. Our assassin just got his yesterday, but on a few fights we had, his damage seemed quite a bit better than it was. I'll have to pay attention to what he does tonight in raid, to be able to compare how much obtaining his epic and his spells have improved his numbers. Kind of tough, though, because as more of us obtain our epics, the raid dps overall does up, and that means all of our numbers are growing on parses. Shouldn't be too hard to compare his old damage to his new, however.

Also, I haven't checked in a while, but I'll have to test my GM scout pet today to see how much sustained damage it does. Because it's not like 600m sustained damage from my epic pet is 600m MORE than it would be with a different pet. I only say this, because I know some people don't read all words and will only see 600m sustained damage and think perhaps that means the epic pet is adding 600mil damage to what a summoner previously did, which is not true. It's most likely about 200m different, which again is pretty much in line with every other epic user I have seen.

The problem, which doesn't seem like it will be addressed any time soon, is that the devs don't seem to care about whether each class is balanced to the other. So while all of our epic weapons and spells may add 100 to 300mil (or use whatever numbers make sense for YOUR raidforce. for mine, these are the numbers that I have seen.) to our damage without using them, that doesn't mean a BL 300mil increase is equal to a wizard 300mil increase is equal to an assassin 300mil increase.

Some classes just currently hit harder than others--and I would say that BL and assassin are currently near the top of the hard hitters if you take away ascension and epics, with a pretty hefty edge over all classes going to the beastlord. (this is from my experience playing with beastlords of similar gear and seeing how their damage compares in ToT and current content) Summoners obviously not far behind.

I also know that a similarly geared ranger and necro were right in line with each other pre-epics. I don't know about post epic, as we don't currently have a ranger with my stats yet. Really the only struggling t1 archetype seems to be the sorc, from what I have seen in terms of similar stats not yielding similar numbers. But again, the wizard epic I have seen increased our wizard's numbers fairly similarly to the increase I gained with mine, but definitely not quite as much. I think with our wizard, it had more to do with him getting more consistent fervor than the actual epic spells. Honestly, I would be let down if I was a sorc. Their epic really doesn't seem to add quite as much as others I have seen, and they were most in need of a boost as a class.

Back to the main point: Do the spells add to BL/Assassin damage? Or can you not even use them and get similar numbers?

If they aren't even worth casting, then I would hope they would be adjusted positively for them sometime soon. These epics should make everyone as happy as they have made some of us. It's unfortunate that they did not.
  15. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Questions...

How do you know they are equal across the board? What test have you run to show this?

This is case in point, these products are new, we are the test dummies, they wouldn't know if something is broken unless tested and shown or brought up as a issue.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

I find this funny. Just because your epic isn't the absolute best does not mean they are undertuned. In terms of the strength of the epics, scout temp pets are still in the top 90% of epic potential. Just take a look at all the extremely bad epics out there and you want to say scout temp pets are undertuned, I'm still laughing. That was a good joke, keep them coming.
  17. ShinyAddict New Member

You know what else is a good joke? Warlock and dps in the same sentence.
  18. Veta Well-Known Member

19. ShinyAddict New Member

Compared to 2-3 bil+ bl pulls on that fight?

Also as long as you laugh at your own joke, it's funny. Why so serious.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

Everyone's dps is a joke compared to beastlords.