Scout epic pets nerfed almost 75%????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twinbladed, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Originally these pets were doing like 1.5 bil a hit, which I can see as overpowered. In return we worked long hours for a pet that can be killed and had a double use to bypass stealth (Assassin wise). Now the pet hits for average of 400mil and still dies just as easily and takes forever to cast and we worked our ***** off to get that far, so why nerf it that bad?

Those numbers do not include combat mit applied either. So they will be hitting for even less in real world.
    Daalilama likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

scouts are not mages, they do not get "pets"
    they have their bow, that is all they need.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

Wut
    Trak likes this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

some scouts do in fact get pets from their epic, rangers use a bow as a their primary, other scouts use their blades.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Weird, Beastlords have had pets since they came out. Bow auto attacks are more of a predator trait that got nerf so bad rangers don't like logging on their toons, because all auto attacks were decreased forever ago, Where have you been? Besides that, this nerf was overkill.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of nerfing pets like they are playing pin the tail on the donkey. Welcome to the ride.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Try playing an Illy and getting handed the epic spells we got, nough said. Stop your whining.

A buff of ferver where at first glance looks really cool but then you find out OP troubs **** is constant and group wide.
    The timelord spell is every 45 minutes with a one minute up-grade per level of spell, which is zero fun and basically useless to try and keep track of in a raid. DPS classes have it easy...
  8. semisus Does not play this game

Timelord is nice! i like being reset , it includes all ascension stuff for me
    and 25 fervor ? i like that!
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea you like that every 45 minutes huh? What a joke!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I'm sorry we were not discussing issues you are having with your class. As it already stands melee dps took a huge hit from combat mit way bigger than any magic class has, your class in general has been useless forever, but make your own thread and stop trying to hate on other peoples.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

Why did melee take a bigger hit than magic classes?
    Kioske likes this.
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

That would be a question devs would need to answer. Situation based ideal, you can take a summoner with 3 to 4k less potency and same stats across board otherwise an they will eat scout dps. Beastlord get savagery which I assume works off the same type of mechanic that magic does or maybe even fervor hence the massive boost in dps when added altogether. Numerous people have tested this out and it keeps falling into the same issue, which we can only assume since the only real change has been combat mit, that it is the issue. So that is why people are getting pissy about their pets being nerfed, along with how long it took to get them and collect the fragments to make them better.
    Daalilama and VGScastaway like this.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

Hmm so what does that have to do with combat mit affecting melee dps more? I'm so lost.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

...your right... vented in the wrong place. Disregard my remarks. DPS is taking it hard. The Devs should take notice to this thread like they do all others. Best of luck.
  15. Yards Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty balanced before, our assassins temp pets were only doing like 400+ mil dps. On some shorter fights his temp pets barely doubled other t1's dps. If anything i think they should have buffed them. Maybe make them instant cast and on a 15 second cool down. Thoughts?
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Because like I said, that is the only thing that has changed from xpac to xpac. The introduction of massive combat mit.
  17. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

They have nerfed the pets, I agree before the nerf they were doing 1.5bil+, now they are doing 60-75% less damage. Speaking with numerous people between mages to scouts, it has become a issue no one actually understands why it is happening. The only thing that has changed is combat mit. For example you do 3 or 4 billion on a training dummy for 4 or 5 minutes. You wouldn't see those type of results on a real world mob. Not even remotely close, because of mitigation. Mobs have different resist too. Some mobs are built against different class types harder. So literally the only common thing we all have thought of is combat mit.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

You are aware that combat mit affects mages exactly the same as it does scouts, right? It affects all DPS the same. Trust me, spells that I was hitting 10 billion per cast with 12k potency last expac are hitting for 3-4 billion per cast with 24k potency this expac.
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

The reason that Beastlord DPS is still out of sorts is because at the beginning of ToT, to even scout DPS and Mage DPS from AoM, they added 30% damage to all scout combat arts and 60% damage to BL advantages and primals. Once the potency boost hit, BLs went through the roof because of that buffing. Now they are just out of control and DBG doesn't seem intent on scaling them back to match the rest of the T1's. If your pet is still doing 5+ billion total damage per cast, and still allowing you to do your FFU chain while it is up, I don't see the issue here. Sorry they took away your "press one easy button to top the parse".
  20. Tupperbeast Active Member

Please stop crying it has been fixed in the last week so much and much has changed again the more Daybreak changed the more the people are annoyed.
    We know the Daybreak with many things in the current addon very much measures or the Game Mechanic has ruined.
    What exactly are they doing, they have no plans for themselves how they should bring a balance, let alone with a team that in the summer even smaller will not be possible anyway
    We all need to see the time approaching the Everquest2, and the developers can not have their own ideas anymore. It is synonymous hardly more money there to run even the running servers reasonably without Problems.