Scout Epic 2.0 Questline

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Airros Active Member

Really?...and that's all you have to share...how about some details of the whereabouts?
  2. Enoa Member

nek forest. follow the road north. according to discord it is not the next step though
  3. Airros Active Member

Interesting...
  4. Klorn New Member

When Kander visit Thurgadin again?
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

6. Switsgar New Member

I have a pretty useful technique for grinding Rime faction I would like to share, as it is needed for the Scout Epic Timeline.

If you have the means to do it this way, it should take you no more than 2-3 hours to get 50k faction with the order of the rime.

After getting your illusion, there are a couple of repeatable quests that give 1600 faction a piece, they can be done at the same
    time. One involves killing scorpions near the bellywhumpers and the other; skeletons in Cabillis Ruins.

You will need:

Either 2 alternate accounts, 2 guildies/friends to help, or a mixture of the two. (preferably conjuror, or freeblood race)
    A guild strategist banner.
    a stack of "Brew of Readiness"
    Call of the tinkerer
    COV.
    To play during busy hours where there are 2 instances of Fens of Nathsar available.
    A reliable computer that zones quickly and doesn't crash ( recommend extreme performance )

Place the strategist banner at the quest giver at "The Sheet".

Your first helper should be in Fens of Nathsar 1 at either the location surrounded by Scorpions or Skellys
    Your second helper should be in Fens of Nathsar 2 at either location.

This works best with a conjy or freeblood class because of "Shadow Walk" or "Call of the Hero" which are both resettable
    using "Brew of Readiness"

After receiving the quests, use your spell "shadow walk" or have your conjuror friend/alt use "call of the hero" to port you to the scorpions. Kill them/ switch instances by right clicking the character in the separate instance if you run out of mobs. Switch zones to the character near the skellys, use a Brew of readiness- to reset your spell timer ( This does not work for Call of the Veteran or Call of the Tinkerer. ) port to the next area and kill skellys ( again if you run out of mobs you can simply right click the other character to switch instances. The brew of readiness also resets your guild call spell... so you can always call to guild hall and go directly to the rally point when both quests are completed.

turn in the quests. Enjoy 3200 faction every 2-3 minutes until 50k+ Remember to get the quests before porting- or you will waste calls and brews which are not cheap.

Hope this helps. Flying 5 minutes to each kill quest, and working through the timeline is for the birds. If you don't have Shadow Walk or Call of the hero you may find difficulty having a porting spell available.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  7. Ouija New Member

or do the 3 repeatables in kj.. takes about 5 minutes, lots less hassle for 4800 faction per circuit...
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

There is just so much to read about the Epic 2.0, ive been trying to follow as best i can but it seems ive missed something. Its about time for bed for me and when i wake up ill be able to get ascension lvl 5 so lately ive been working on prereqs, Here is what i have done so far

BL epic 1.0 (Fabled)
    Freeport City timeline + Archetype timeline
    lvled crafting from 1-100 (nearly made me insane)

When i wake up ill start on AoM sigline up until Pygmy language as i understand i need this?

What else do i need to get the Epic 2.0 first quest up and running and finished? I heard somewhere that i need to do the Cobalt Scar timeline? (please say this isnt true) And Kurns Tower?
  9. Tsurupettan Active Member

50,000 Rime faction
    50,000 Unseen Hand (dark mail gauntlets)
    Entire AoM sig line.
    Kurn's Tower access (but nothing beyond that)
    Cobalt Scar's othmir timeline, starting with: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Othmir and ending at High Tide.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  10. Bluenotes New Member

Am I missing something on Kurn's Tower: The Locket? I have gone into three separate instances and the none of the chests on the gold pile will open for me.
  11. Leiff New Member

Some have mentioned that the render distance is really short. Try zooming in to first person while looking on the gold pile.
  12. Bluenotes New Member

That worked. Thank you.
  13. Guillermo New Member

Hi, coming along nicely on final step of the first quest. However, I have hit a snag with the darkmail gauntlets. The quest is supposed to start with a mysterious trinket off a skelly in Guk:Halls of the Fallen. My first attempt I went in at lvl 100 directly to the skelly and nothing was clicky. Now I have completed five quests in that zone, but not that HQ. I wonder if I started this HQ and gave up long ago deleting the item and it now wont give me another. I tried chronomentoring to 80 and doing the zone, that didn't help. Just wanted to put this info out there and try to see if anyone has done this questline post epic 2.0. My faction as far as I can tell for the Unseen Circle or whatever doesn't show up at all, so I know I haven't interacted with them. Also checked the shady swashbuckler to see if he had a mysterious trinket, but no. Is there maybe a different NPC that has deleted quest items? I seem to remember that..thanks for any input or help, and sorry if this was wall of text/rambling a little, I am definitely confused by all this.

EDIT: Ok I went in with my Templar and got the quest no problem. I learned that the quest category was ??? of all things, not Moors or Halls of the Fallen. So I checked the dirge and crisis averted, I have already done the quest. But apparently never bothered to start next step or get any of the faction. Sorry for the confusion, that was hard to track down with all the different factions and 3300 quests completed. I wish I could have just searched my completed quest journal, but I guess that will be a different time..
  14. Guillermo New Member

Was going to do second edit on my post, but timer ran out. Just wanted to clarify some things in case anyone encounters what I experienced. The first 3 quests in this line are all under the category ???. The Hand of the Unseen faction is actually under Shattered Lands, I incorrectly assumed it would be under Moors, or even Faydwer since the Halls of the Unseen is in Butcherblock. Anyhow, about the only thing I was correct in was that I had deleted a quest in this line, which I got again by entering the Halls of the Unseen from a barrel near BB docks. And I already do have 20k faction, so yay me.
  15. Senthiele New Member

ok at the horse part and nothing is happen look bug to me any word on this?
  16. Foxy New Member

At the Horse Queen part and nothing is happening, they are just standing around the fire. Is this bug going to be fixed tomorrow?
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

I take NO credit for any of the below information. Thank you to those that figured this out for us.

Phase 1: (Each phase requires a different level of ascension)

Prereqs -
    Level 5 Ascension
    Epic 1.0 (Link to Zam Epic quest list)
    Level 100 crafter
    Kunark Ascending Signature Line (Link to Wikia)
    Qeynos Good Timeline + Class Quests (Link) or Evil Freeport Timeline + Class Quests (Link)
    Alter of Malice Timeline is needed for the very last step of Phase 1. (Link to Wikia)

Quest - Right click these items - All items are trackable - Need above Qeynos or Freeport quests for this step.

Sinking Sands
    Single Gold Coin: /way -372, -183, -1529
    An empty canteen: /way -2037, -158, 58
    Hoof prints: /way -1885, -230, 1081
    Chest: /way -1966, -229, 1020

Moors of Ykesha
    A dead brokenskull: /way -1317, -1059, 1352
    Deep hoof prints: /way -1778, -1096, 1564
    A newly extinguished fire: /way -2206, -1062, 812
    A finely crafted satchel: /way -2092, -1075, 150

Ferrott
    A slain king manticore: /way -652, 9, 82
    Fresh footprints: /way -382, -0.13, 262

Head SW to The Horse Queen: /way -227, -6.83, 452

Witness an elf getting attacked, track and pick up a torn half of a map

This is the location area for the map that should show up on track after the elf and horses run off.
    /way -133, -5.25 461

Read it....

Obulous Frontier
    Talk to Chancellor in Nae'Caelona then meet him down in the lower level (Click to go to the crafting area in Nye'Caelona). Talk to him and obtain the quest.

Feerrott
    /way -576, -7.87, 585 Hoof prints

Dolas is definitely being chased. The hoof prints continue in this direction. These are heavy and deeper than previous ones you have track.
    /way -552, 4.32, 310

It looks as though Dolas is being hunted by those nightmarish riders. This arrow is crude in make It appears to have a shaft made of some sort of bone.
    /way -346, 9.28, 148

This dagger is covered in strange runes and rough in its forging. It is definitely not of Elven make. Was Dolas chased into the portal?
    /way -58, 13.7, 177

I need to pick up the trail again:

Barren Sky
    /way -337, 300, 680 A slain aviak

I have picked up the trail. Dolas has definitely been here.
    /way -628, 243, -152 A berry-stripped bush

I should keep trying to track Dolas.
    /way 548, 299, -685 Flattened earth

I should keep trying to track Dolas.
    /way 536, 308, -645

Talk to Dolas

Obulous Frontier
    I should find my way back into the Chancellor's Throne Room... (Special Instance)
    Stealth and 'pickpocket' (right click) a custodian in Nye'Caelona (Trackable / South West platform area)
    Use key (Right click the key in your inventory, must be dismounted)
    Stealth and right click 'pickpocket' El'yana (Move around the room if she's not up, she will spawn)
    Click the case and obtain the crown.

I need to give this crown to Dolas

Barren Sky
    Dolas is gone, click the drops of blood /way 536, 308, -645

I need to pick up on Dola's trail again. he appears to be bleeding:

Bonemire
    /way -834, -437, 360

I have found some blood. Follow the trail.
    /way 199, 183, -387

Keep following the trail.
    /way -97, -74, -582

Find Dolas (track)
    Near the above update, NW of Deathtoll on Carrion Briar Island.

Collect:
    Blessed Mineral Water (Halas): /way 71, 147, -51
    Desert Limestone (Pillars of Flame): /way -46, -43- -542 NOTE: You're going to get jumped by a level 107 ^^^ so bring friends! The Named drops Hardmode loot and the update.
    Purple Calendula (Cobalt Scar): /way 5628, -1015, 738
    Mortar (Tranquil Sea): /way -677, 8, 289

Head back to Dolas in Bonemire (grab a Shadeweave Root before you go )
    - Place down mortar (click the sparklies on the ground)
    - Craft Cae'dal poultice (Level 100 combine, needs Shadeweave Root & the above quested materials)
    - Give the Poultice to Dolas so he can cure his poison.

Find a Rider...

Phantom Sea
    /way 271, 0, 1012 Follow him until he despawns.

I am unsure how I will ever be able to follow one of these riders, anywhere...

Open track and find Inquisitor Foust (need AOM Timeline for this step)

Congratulations on finishing Phase 1. Now you'll need Ascension level 6 to progress.
  18. Vogie Active Member

What about these things people are saying are needed:
    "Cobalt Scar Timeline (Through the Othmir, Osh/Nika/Merrik, portion)
    The Means to an End (Dark Mail Gauntlets) to 50k status with Circle of Unseen Hands)
    The Order of Rime Timeline to 50k natural faction (Without Illusion)"

Are they not for phase 1 perhaps or?
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm getting to that. Lots of work consolidating info from 4 sites. I'm trying to clean it up. Phase one info is complete tho. I have done it personally and all the info is spot on. Factions are for later stuff. I'm still typing it up so keep watching this thread.
    Vogie likes this.
  20. Luzar New Member

For the assassin shiney colection in phase one does anyone have any other waypoints for the fens shineys? I have found all the others but am stuck on this one update.