Scourge Keep Bosses

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Lea Plath Active Member

I'll level with you, this wasn't planned. A friend of mine needed a 6th person to do heroic keyquests (BTW the lion one is undoable unless you all help 1 person, and the wraith one is broken), and asked me. Then in the down time between key quests we thought lets try the keep. I knew how to spawn all the mobs and the strats for a lot of them. For the ones I didn't, I used ACT, examining debuffs and experimentation to work them out, with the rest of the team also providing their opinions and ideas once we had a base line.

Set up wasn't ideal, but wasn't bad. SK tank, dirge, conjy, templar, swashbuckler, and I believe a wizard. In a mix of fabled heroic, advanced solo, metacollection and fabled jewellery, including some new stuff, and 2 relic items I was at 161 resolve. I plan to drag my ranger through the zone so I can give a ball park ideal amount. All except me were hearthbound, I do believe. Resolve didn't seem to factor in at all, but like I said, raid gear.

I'm still of the opinion that resolve should replace the damage multipliers and damage reduction mobs get, and temporary ability for the group should grant some resolve, to make fights more dynamic. And that heartbound fervor buff was a bad idea. But I am very very happy with these zones.

Fair enough. Can you confirm my theory that challenge mode is unlocked via the arena? This is based off a few factors, such as the arena appearing just after the bosses spawned, and the guy talking about us not being ready to face the leaders, which implies to me challenge mode.

The key can be under a cot. By a skeletons leg. Behind a skeleton. Or on the ledge trimming on the wall, at about knee height. It will usually be in the last cell you open
  2. Guurzak Active Member

On some runs, the shield will not drop from any orcs. If that happens, then there is a shield on the wall in either the Prince's room or the storeroom above it which will serve instead.
  3. Rondo9 Active Member

Only 3 Raiders, tank was only heroic geared.
  4. Lea Plath Active Member

Has anyone picked up a strat for Kilug? We killed him too fast for it to really matter but I want to know.
  5. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Whenever Kilug casts one of his spells with spear, sword, hammer or shield in the name, the mage gets into the blood pool in the corner of the room, dispells, then gets out of the pool. They have to get out fast or they get one-shotted. You want to watch the mob's buffs and not rely on the casting bar since IIRC the shield spell didn't have a casting bar.
  6. Lea Plath Active Member

Ooooh, so he has multiple buffs. We got the spear and were just able to kill him normally. Do you know what the buffs do exactly so I can put that down?
  7. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Seems like they all said the same thing, he was either unkillable or would wipe us if the buff was not dispelled. Since there are four different spells, there may be more to the strat such as spears doing more damage when the spear spell is up, etc. It's hard to believe the designer would build all those different versions of the spell without there being another trick to the encounter involving weapons. But that's just me speculating. Once we figured out how to use the blood pool, we got him dead and moved on.
  8. Amfish Active Member

Anyone else tried Challenge Maknok? having a few issues with some things not being very clear, like the fear he casts. It isnt aoe avoidable, it isnt fear immunity-able, you cant interrupt it, you cant joust out either to avoid it. after he casts Fear bomb, it doesnt do anything and then a few seconds later it goes off, ACT is picking it up as unknown hitting us. The detriment itself doesnt say that it is a fear either, just tells you about the damage and aoe damage it inflicts. Then theres the Lashing we get. Can be facing Maknok himself and still we get hit by lash, which makes no sense? Are we supposed to be dead straight staring right at him while trying to fling our swords at Captain Vulis? So if anyone can clear some of these things up, would be appreciated!!

(EM we had no issues, could joust the fear without a problem and not get hit by it.)
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This is an issue for groups without mages. Can the tanks jump in the blood pool and taunt it off? Seems in Adv. Solo mode, the husband was able to jump in the pool and do this and the buff disappeared. Wondered if the same thing could be applied in scout-y groups in the Heroic version?
  10. Lea Plath Active Member

How do you trigger HM please? I'll get some testing in and see what I can work out
  11. Amfish Active Member

Need to get over 30 mobs killed in the arena. and kill the sanctifier instead of one of the liches if you werent already aware of that discovery =P
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

That is for hard mode Maknok as opposed to hard mode Yeggigoth, right? For yeg you kill the liches.
  13. Eliziana Active Member

As far as I know, no. In the heroic it's a mage dispell, but if you read his buff in the solo it's any combat art from inside the blood pool.

Lea, your info about spawning the outer moat bosses is not quite right. To spawn Harker kill all the mounted orcs. To spawn Vurgal kill the solo orcs.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  14. Amfish Active Member

yes HM maknok, not yegigoth. Yegigoth was easy enough to do HM with a little twiddling with the two princes
  15. Lea Plath Active Member

Strat please!
  16. Amfish Active Member

To activate challenge mode, pull mob, wait until you get a conversation pop up. go to the altar where you pick up the signet of gannar from, run back upstairs. Yegigoth will join the fight as well, so have to survive with him beating on the tank. like in EM, you can only kill the princes in their respective colour circles, you get an incremental detriment that can only be cured by standing in the circle of the mob you arent currently hitting (dont remember the names, but if you are killing in the yellow circle, go stand in the green until increments drop and vice versa) once one add is dead, the increments from him stop, but still have the other to deal with. The colours swap sides i think every minute or 30seconds, havent timed it; but you can just stay on one side if you can survive doing nothing for a while until it changes to the colour you need. Once both princes are dead, kill yegigoth, exact same as normal, adds run up the walls and swamp you, again, you can ignore if you can survive it (guard, defiler and chan just burn the named down and hold adds [they are great for aoe RO charge!!])

May have missed something, will have to ask the other half when he gets home!
  17. Arco Active Member

Scourge Battlemasters are the only ones required to spawn Vurgal... feel free to ignore the soldiers and patrollers, if you're not doing the "kill 100 Orcs" timed quest.

Also...
    For those, like myself, who are too lazy to loot the body drops, (because it's fun to see all the dead bodies), to get the 4 weapons for Kilug.... You can pick them up around the zone instead.

Spear - in the barracks across from where the Deathfist Serf is...
    Hammer - in the room across from where Kilug spawns
    Sword & Shield - hanging on the wall. South-west elevator, 3rd floor.
  18. Chrol Developer

Added a gong to the arena for the hotfix after next (won't be in tomorrow). Every 15 seconds you can strike it to summon another orc if you so choose.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

Regarding arena: I would prefer an arena where you have a diversity of mobs each wave - some semi-named in between that test your skills instead that black vortex on the ground in a too small space having lethal walls. Shame..
  20. isest Active Member

So I tried this commander today. She issues one order get back there? Back where I went to the back of the room, still was killed for not following orders. She then issued another command flank, same thing I ran behind her and died for not following orders. Mad the fight really not fun, not knowing what is meant by get back there and by flank.