Scourge Keep Bosses

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks to the excellent commentary in this thread, I've been able to put together a wiki page on Scourge Keep (Advanced Solo). I think I credited everyone whose information I utilized (PM me if I missed you!). Please look over what I have and see if I'm on target.

I did have a number of places where I need more exact information, like the actual name of a given room (the POI/Disco) and the location coordinates.

I know that last night there were a TON of people asking for help, especially with Yallessulich, and I think this will be a great resource for folks.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Chrol Developer

The Tallonite that goes immune is Prime Vigoth Ansleborg, but she only goes immune temporarily when she issues an order (7 seconds).

And no, that's not all there is to the pool, muahahaha.
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

That's the name, thank you! and now I can hear mischievous cackling... I'll be more careful and observant next time :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Tomshindo Active Member

As to Thrug, do I need to slain a few NMDs before solving a quick puzzle? Much time took me and no key was found.
  5. Lea Plath Active Member

I can confirm how to spawn Onok now.

Click vine. Click nearby torchs outside storeroom. Click clickable boxes/barrels in storeroom. He spawns.

Vurgal has some weird spawning method. Two of my guildies have got him from randomly killing mobs outside so I'm assuming he is a gate mob and you have 3 gate mobs potentially.

The second guy said he killed some orcs, then a moat snapper and he spawned. Maybe it is related to the merc?
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I think one of the orders is broken though. when she goes: Fighters, get back there! I tried getting behind her, running away from her, getting out of line of sight, and every time it was an instant kill cause I didn't follow orders. I'm at a loss as to how to counter that one.
  7. Vexo New Member

It works, killed it a while ago. Just joust far enough.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

so far as we can tell, it's a 10m joust. she stays rooted and facing whichever direction she's being tanked in.
  9. Lea Plath Active Member

OK FOLKS! I have one hell of an update.

I took a group of raiders into the Keep and we took down a bunch of bosses and the arena and I made notes!

Vilefang: Pull him out the water/step out the water every so often to reset his pulse or the damage will get you. Cure the nox/curse to stop him one shotting you when he puts the second one on.

Blood-Iron Ore Eater: He gains increments of a buff when he is damaged, and for every increment he has, your attack has an x% chance to do no damage. You can have a mage dispel this, and when you do he does a big AoE and power drain (2 took us from full to no power). He will also curse someone and teleport them with him to a different area of the mines. If that person moves 1 meter away from the named or the curse expires, they die. So have your healer find and cure you ASAP and stand still.

Amanh: Amanh is rooted and has 2 adds. Every so often she will yell a command, in the form of "[Archetype], [Action]" such as "Fighters, stop attacking". Her commands are: Get down (crouch), stop attacking (stop attacking) and get back (run 10 meters away, outside door works). If you don't follow her commands, she will kill a random party member.

Maknok and Captain Vilus: These are probably the hardest fight in the zone, simply due to have scripted it is.

The fight itself has two stages. In stage 1, Maknok and Captain Vinus are together.

Maknok cannot be damaged and has to be faced at all times, as if you show your back 180 degrees to him, he will lash you, stunning you and dealing high damage as well as giving you 1 stack of a curse. If this gets to 4 stacks, you die. However, curing the curse clears all increments. Maknok will also spawn totems of submission, that provide a zonewide debuff to attack speed, and if he gets all 4 totems up, you die. There is a text for the first totem he spawns, after that there is no emote, he just speaks about how you will serve him.

The Captain on the other hand, has a huge damage reduction. He will also give Maknok increments when damaged, and when he hits 10, Maknok will put an incurable arcane on someone that we believe acts as an intercept meaning they take some of the damage the captain would take. To remove his damage reduction you have to pull him to one of the totems of submission and as long as it is alive and he is near it, he takes normal damage and won't build up the increments for his intercept like ability.

Once the captain is down, all the totems will despawn and Maknok will be attackable. He still will lash and curse you if you face away from him. He also has an AoE unresistable/preventable fear called Despond. He does an orange text the first time he does it, but every other time he does you just have to watch out for his casting bar. The fear is to make you face away from him so he can lash you multiple times.

He also summons totems that give him a big auto attack damage boost and make him take 25% less damage, so they need to be killed quickly.

With a group of VVV raiders, we found ourselves unable to kill them if they got more than like 2 stacks from people dying. We found the best way to do this mob as well was to turn autoattack on, target Maknok on pull and have autoface on, so we didn't face away from him while the tank step themselves up. Then when we moved to the totems, we had everyone target Maknok again, auto attacks on etc so we would always face him.

In the second phase, we sent a high DPS to deal with the totems and when he went around to each totem, he had auto attack/auto face on and targeted Maknok and made sure the totem was always between him and the boss.

One of the best fights I've done, I have to say.

The Arena: The Arena is accessible when you have killed 5 named. You run down, listen to a speech, the gist of which is, if you die you are ported out the arena. No way back. And to start close both barred doors that enter the arena and have 2 players stand between them.

Don't touch the walls or the corners, they have huge hard to see spikes that hit you for like 1.2 million or so.

Each wave will be 1-3 unlinked mobs. They each have a buff called something like Veteran of the Arena and start with 1 stack of it. Each stack increases their auto attack damage by 2 and their damage resistance by 5. So 2 stacks means they do 4x auto attack damage and you do 10% less damage to them.

There seem to be 3 kind. Brutal destroyers, and then two named the same skeleton orcs. One who hops and is only rootable, and the other which crawls and I have no idea.

Wisps will spawn and move randomly about, bouncing off walls etc. If they touch you, you get grey scaled and an incurable elemental that makes you unable to be healed for 5 seconds.

Big black circles spawn on the floor as well, which after a few seconds cause big hands to appear and form a cage. I didn't get in one so I can't say what they do, but probably badness.

We survived 29 waves, all died and revived, then were ported back to the arena. He then spawned a big mimic which we killed, and we rewarded 2 plat each from the quest, and 2 heroic infusers in the mimic chest.

Overall it wasn't a great experience. Some nice ideas, but the break between each wave was boring and the mobs meh.

Big thanks to Cirvandal, Cleasnse, Oxyian, Exclusive and Ashandra who ran the zone with me.

If I do a definitive Scourge Keep master guide, who would be interested?
  10. Lamatu Active Member

How can I spawn Sanctifier Maknok? In that room by the arena only the bottom box is ever clickable(Yegigoth) for me in the three times I have done the zone.

Same with Sanctifier Kilug? Is there a drop to spawn him?
  11. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Viletooth: If he comes out of the water he won't take damage, and it's not really necessary to move in and out during the encounter. Pull him up one of the ramps just far enough for the players to exit the water, thereby removing the uncurables, but not far enough that he is out of the water. The tank can then move down the ramp into the water to turn Viletooth if there are enough heals to keep up with the dot.

Amanh (Ansleborg, amans are the adds): In addition to get down (crouch), stop attacking, and "get back there" (joust away) you can also get "to me" (move in close), "front and center" (move so mob is facing you), and "flank" (move to flanking position). There could well be more commands. If the adds die before she does they will speed up the rate of her commands (and the resulting percentage of time she is immune.)
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

OK folks. I am currently writing the definitive scourge keep guide. To replace this totally. With maps etc. I love being a nerd :p

I've also worked out how to spawn Vugul. You have to kill all the soldiers and battlemasters and patrollers, but not the crocs or boars.

Vugul himself seemed like a tank and spank who periodically goes invulnerable to damage, and has a ticking down buff that does heavy damage when it expires, but can be dispelled if you kill the 3 comandos that spawn and run slowly down the slope towards you.

So I have a theory on which end boss spawns currently, based off the quests. If you kill Kilug, you get Maknok. If you kill Renis or Yessielich, you get Yegigoth. My reasoning for this is the quests you are offered specifically list that mob as one you need to kill. This has been further backed up by my tests. Every time I've killed Kilug, I've got Maknok.

Kilug himself is an easy spawn. The orks in the keep will drop a shield, a sword, a spear and a hammer. You need to go to the altar of tallon and check the banners nearby to see what to offer. It will let you click the helmet and if you offer in the order listed on the banners you get Kilug spawning nearby.

There is also a challenge mode version of both bosses that I do not know how to spawn, but I am fine with that.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Eliziana Active Member

Managed to kill him but not without deaths. We had 2 healers but the tank got the tooth curse 3 times and on the third no cure curse was ready. Is there a way around this other than 4 healers? ;)
  14. Chrol Developer

5 healers.
    Livejazz, Prissetta and Veta like this.
  15. Chrol Developer

I'm probably lying.
    Livejazz and Prissetta like this.
  16. Chrol Developer

A full raid group may be overkill for the arena, but I'll look at the times between spawns and see how many undead orcs groups are able to kill over the next week or so and make adjustments if need be.
  17. Lea Plath Active Member

It wasnt a full raid. We just had a group (5 people) who were raid geared. And me who is top heroic geared.

Are the rewards only infusers?
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Could you update us on how difficult it was to choose the members of your group? How did resolve factor into taking on these mobs: was it a major issue / snafu? How about heartbounding - what percent of your team was heartbound for the fervor buffage?

Thx for a great writeup - nice to see some helpful people still abide in Norrath :)

lol @ infuser rewards - c'mon DBG, toss some real stuff in the mix too.
  19. Chrol Developer

Absolutely not.
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Thronk The Ugly

It's all lies, there is no key!