Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Diveris Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity what is your gear like? On my t7 geared characters the tinkerfest zone took like 10 mins. The new zone takes around 15 due to the larger amount of trash that needs to be cleared.

On my mains pretty much everything gets one shotted. Both of the zones should be very easy for any character that is not essentially box geared. The strats here are basically examine an item and pew pew.. or examine an item, cure a dot and pew pew.

I know some stuff can be overly complex or annoying but this one isn't it imo.
  2. Borandor Member

Just a couple of feedback items...I did the quest for "Ro's sweatshop" on a live server (Halls of Fate). I finished it once on one toon and I'm now working on it with a second toon.

In Butcherblock, there often weren't any elementals up to kill. This was because multiple players were on the same step in the zone, and with every elemental seeming to be about a 50% chance to update the quest, this dragged on a bit. I had tracking so that made things a little easier for me, but I'm thinking the spawn rate could be increased slightly, or the update chance could be increased. I tried killing trash while waiting (maybe thinking there was a placeholder spawn mechanic), but I'm not sure that helped. I didn't have this problem the first time I did this, so I may have just had bad luck with player competition.

In the Sweatshop zone, I ran out of crates to click on for my second toon. What seemed odd is roughly the lower half of the looms did not have any crates at all. I don't remember this happening the first time I ran the zone. I eventually gave up for now (with 11/12 updates) and I'll just reset the zone tomorrow. Don't know if I'm just plain unlucky or if this was a glitch, or I missed crates somewhere...which is entirely possible, but I'm not a huge fan of spending large amounts of time just looking for clickies with a roughly 1/3 chance of an update for each click.

Otherwise, I found the zone and quest to be pretty fun. Putting the shinies in those hard to reach places was a nice touch - it makes it especially rewarding when you figure out how to get to them (such as the one in the hollowed out tree trunk on Lonely Isle).
    Daryx likes this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

The adds keep coming, when do you actually start fighting her and killing her? I'm on that last one and it is not any fun at all, I've used the silk, I'm working on the adds that never stop coming. After 3 hours trying to finish the solo to make the doll, I've given up because it really is that frustrating and there is no guidance as to what to do. Any tips would be great. I've had offers to be run through, but I'm just not into that. Besides I have to do this 5 more times. Some clue on how to defeat this boss would be most appreciated.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Wardens don't blow through it...all I do is die.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

When do the adds stop coming? I still can't get this boss down.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

what are your stats in there? most importantly potency, fervor and crit bonus?

do you have a current mount and merc and familiar and the mount and familiar buffs from the merchant in svarni expanse?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

the Firesilk Weave, does it only have 1 trigger for the repair effect?
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

I just went to another zone for my elementals. Sinking Sands and Antonica are both fairly easy to get to them, and had no real competition for them.
    Daryx likes this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, I have all the latest merc, familiar and all that. I have the updated gear from the Tinkerfest 6 time quest and a couple of pieces from the earlier boss fights in this instance. Fighting from the edge I can get her down to a little over half way, but the adds keep coming and I end up dead before I can bring her down any where past that. It's frustrating to say the least. I know there has to be some trick to this, surly the devs did not make this a long drawn out hours long fight. I have also noticed that sometimes more than one add regenerates. Not getting a lot of joy out of this right now, was up to 4 am trying everything I could think of and the best I can bring her down is a little over half. I'm a warden and regretting making it my main.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

whats the name of the toon and which server plz?
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I was able to do the instance in Sinking Sands with all but one character-my channeler. She's ready to ding 50 but still has journeyman heal spells and the boss knocks down the health on my merc pretty fast. The pet seems useless. I died and decided it wasn't worth the trouble to mentor down and reset the instance. I'm not sure that would work anyway.

I noticed with any character that hasn't mentored down that the mobs come from the archway way too fast for healing and having spells ready to go after the last mob. But with mentored down characters, you can snooze between mobs. I only mention this because perhaps there could be a check for mentored down v. non-mentored down characters next year.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Moonpanther
    Antonia Bayle

I'm not a raider and not up to speed in gear to raid lol, but I try to keep enough to do these type of events. She seems to have a very hard time in these events as a warden. I'm thinking it's time to develope another main and relegate her strictly to decorating and such, but then these events have things she will need so hard to do that.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

okay so im seeing you need a main hand weapon, the one you are using is not good at all, you have a planar adorn that dont work in vov, and a veilwalker adorn that dont work in vov - these adorns are not huge but they are just wasted slots

your AA is not good. you should talk to a warden and sort out your AA setup. for instance you miss like 20k potency from the heroic tab

what mount and merc and familiar do you have and do you have the buff associated with mount and familiar? can buy from merchant in svarni expanse
    Twyla and Moonpanther like this.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

? Not sure I understand, you have to be level 120 to enter the solo instance.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I
    I realize my AA setup is borked and my adorns are as well, like I said, haven't paid that much attention to them, guess I should. I have the Floraform Gorilla for a familiar, The dreamdash clothwork pegasus, and Dakshesh, the displaced. No, I did not realize there was a buff I could buy off a merchant for them.
  16. Chrol Developer

Looks like it wasn't working if you died with revive sickness. Should be fixed now, though!
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

You don't have to be 120 to do the instance in Sinking Sands.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  18. Krafoogoo New Member

So the Morsel is lore - but it persisted for 2 runthoughs - now they are impossible to get - hoppers - mount - nomount - no-matter.

Please make easier to get - make solo versioin bossies harder if you must - mobs are trivia but 3 hours trying to navigate is kinda silly.

I have vision issues and you have no accessibility presets - so its doubly hard for me.

begging
    Twyla and Manafizzle like this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

there are morsels all over the zone. use harvest tracking to find the closest
  20. Bramdar Active Member

The morsel does get consumed if you make the hot hoppers, or if you ride the mount from Lonely Isle back to the main island. Otherwise, it will remain in your inventory and you can reuse it (most of my characters have used the same morsel for their past 4 or 5 instance runs.)

Most of the morsels are in huts on the main island, although there is one on Lonely Isle on top of a small rock. Many of these require some jumping to get to, but there is a root that leads from the main island down to the Magma Grotto area where the toad named spawns, and you can walk all the way up/down that root with no jumping. The hut on that route has a morsel in it, and that morsel will reappear when the zone is reset.