Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Chrol Developer

There are no jumping puzzles to progress through the zone, and the shineys are tradable.

Also, what on screen messaging is not also visible in chat? They should all echo to chat.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Diveris Well-Known Member

Idk, I found the zone to be pretty easy. Everything died very fast, the most annoying mob was the phoenix and even it was easy mechanic wise. I died more to the loom than anything..
  3. Chrol Developer

This may be the magma burn caused by the falling lava rocks. I reduced the damage they inflict significantly, plus made some other changes to the fight. These changes are active now.
    Twyla and Manafizzle like this.
  4. Chrol Developer

Also just added one guaranteed shiney spawn by the Luminous Loom after defeating the final boss for both solo and heroic (same collection in heroic). This change is now live, although it may not work in your current zone.
    Bludd, Jinksie, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Chrol,
    I have noticed, especially lately, that the screen messages are not going to chat. Like the one in green after that first named dies, by the time I registered there were words up there, it was gone, and I do not have those on fast fade. It did not go into chat. By the way it took me a stupid amount of time to kill that named.
    Getting up onto those root, or ledges trying to find what I was supposed to do next, and that horse was rude and bucked me off into the lava. I got stuck in one spot, hovered a bit, fell a few times trying to get from one place to the other. I gave up, logged out.

I am sorry, I know it is your zone, but I did not find any fun in it.
    Kattt, Moonpanther, Kahnra and 2 others like this.
  6. Kahnra New Member

I spent a long time (waste of time imo) climbing here and there, trying to figure out what to do next. At first it was fun, but after that, very frustrating! How about a walk thu?? Some hints on what to do? I was excited, looked forward to the rewards. Bummer!
    Moonpanther and Twyla like this.
  7. Saracoa New Member

There has got to be a 'trick' to it because that SOB will not go down. Maybe it's just because i'm a mage (conj), but, damnit, i've tried everything to get that last chick down. Died 10 times? 20 times? Try 60 times!

I know other classes blow right through it, and that's fine, i suppose. However, if there is a trick, i want to know it.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

did you examine firesilk? it gives you a buff that lasts for x minutes and is needed to dmg her
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Saracoa New Member

Yeah, I do that... not only to start, but after my merc res's me, when she does. I've tried all kinds of things, including a few strats that are slow, but effective. However, whenever I get her down to about 25%, sudden death out of nowhere. I got her down to about 5% once, but died, and merc wouldn't res me so that i could reapply firesilk.

Thanks for suggestion, though.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

is this the phoenix? if so you have to go find an egg and kick it

if this is the last lady you have to kill the adds and should cure the dets on you and stay out of the burny squares

both of these need the firesilk buff and it only lasts for a limited amount of time
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Saracoa New Member

FINALLY DID IT!!!! (Serious tip follows...)

What finally did the trick was switching from a tank pet to a scout pet (I'm a conj)... made all of the difference. It still took quite some time to take her down, but did it without dying.

During the hours and hours spent dying well over 50 times (maybe 100?), I did discover a trick... pull her to the edge of the grid. You can stand just outside the grid, and not worry about the stupid flaming squares at all. I stood by the middle square (tent to the left, loom to the right), and taking out the adds as they came was much easier. This tip may only work for a conj, but seeing as how this chick is damned near impossible to kill with a conj, so be it.

Speaking of conj, not only did I switch to a scout pet, I switched on 'auto assist' to make sure I could focus attacks on the adds as they came. I also set my merc (fully trained and equipped celestial inquis) to assist me. Both were also set follow me, protect me, and protect themselves.

I was seriously low on firesilk thread when done (and only had two body parts), so couldn't craft the moppet; but, I still got credit for the achievement.

Hope this helps folks, especially folks that are struggling like crazy, like I was. I may post questions later about finding body parts... we'll see. Be good.
    Bludd likes this.
  12. Kahnra New Member

I also finally figured things out. After that, I had a great time, even tho my sorry trouby is slow at knocking them all out. I think that was what frustrated me the most. But Iv'e had her for a long time, so, my bad, I should have expected that. I never did get those shinies in weird never to be reach spots. I even tried switching through several mounts to get them...heh heh!!
    Saracoa likes this.
  13. Chrol Developer

Updated the Firesilk Weave buff (from the Firesilk Thread) to repair the condition lost on your equipped armor on death, and it now persists on death and lasts for 30 minutes.

Also, I noticed Savretta Seyzon in solo was spawning double adds after some health lost, which she was not supposed to do, as that is reserved for the heroic version, so that has also been fixed. If she's currently up in your zone at the time of this post, then you may need to respawn her (attack and die, feign, escape, etc.)

These changes are live now.
    Manafizzle, Aterskia, Daryx and 5 others like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow I never expected to get 3 coins for each firework quest done on Varsoon , and on Tarinax , and any other sever, that's 6 coins for each quest, for the Summer Event :) :D.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Saracoa New Member

Didn't know that was a bug... no wonder we were screaming bloody murder! Those double adds were a SERIOUS pain!

Seriously, though, thanks for noticing and fixing, Chrol ; ) Will check out how much easier tomorrow.
    Manafizzle and Twyla like this.
  16. Tindrial Member

Yah, not a fan of the event daily. I thought Tinkerfest was a boring slog and this one is just infuriating. I can appreciate the work and design that went into this. Just not my thing. Somehow, based on these last two event dungeons I'm going to guess the Oceansfull one is going to be worse than this one.
    Moonpanther, Kattt and Breanna like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hey, don't complain, I can't even see those dungeons from a distance, all I can do is do that fireworks quest over and over.
    But I like the stuff you can buy just too much.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  18. Daryx Well-Known Member

Chrol, at first the Firesilk Weave buff was preventing damage on death, but it has stopped working. It still shows the buff as active/persisting on my character, but the last two times I died in the lava, my gear got damaged.
    Moonpanther and Breanna like this.
  19. Daryx Well-Known Member

Also, has anyone been able to hire the mercenary? I did the quest and got all the POIs in the instance, but the location showing for the search mercenary result has nothing there, nor is it on track in the vicinity.
  20. Diveris Well-Known Member

Been looking for the merc, or rather how to unlock it. Asked in gen and no one seems to know, I wonder if it is in game.

Can anyone chime in and at and drop a clue?