Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2022.

1. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Does gathering 'magma morsel' require certain amount of mining? Weird...
  2. Roewane New Member

What merchant sells the recipe for the Hot Hoppers please? I've checked the scorched sky merchant, the jubilation merchant, and the merchant that sells the sparkler for the fireworks quest. And this is not my favorite zone since I have no (zero, zilch) mario skills whatsoever. <sigh> I'm stuck on this quest with the frog skin in bag but can't do anything with it, and the name on lonely isle isn't taking any damage, nor did I see a clue what I should be doing. I know people have completed this quest so it must just be me...maybe I did names in wrong order or something? The phoenix is still flying around but I haven't been able to trigger her, no matter how many flyers I kill. I'm tired and frustrated and it doesn't usually take me long to figure out a zone, I usually love testing new stuff and I hate looking at cheats. I'm going to take a break, delete the zone/quest and try again tomorrow or the next day.
    Smallcorners and Twyla like this.
  3. Randiom New Member

Examining firesilk thread gives you a buff for 10 mins make sure it is active when fighting names. The third name on lonely Isle tosses you up, look around the area and think like a tank trying to position a mob. It took me a bit to figure out too, I died a lot more in this zone than I have in a while. The combination of lava deaths, not reapplying the buff, and learning the third name added up. If you ever need help do a /who and look for Randiom or one of my alts in Just for Fun guild, I will try.
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Check the Jubilant Merchant. What is even better is the Hot Hoppers can be used out of the zone, with a much longer reuse timer. But this may allow for some amazing zone discoveries or shortcuts that have not been available in since eq2 was launched.
  5. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Check ember merchants around the festival fireplaces. Recipe is named 'hot hoppers' BUT only sells it after one completes the new quest.

(Denmum's article says I can hire Jacinder upon quest completion, but it isn't the case yet.)

House item version of Ayonae's Cithara doesn't have its music particles, would be nice if can be restored/activated.

Last but not least, PLEASE remove the 550 mining skill requirement for magma morsels. thx
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Roewane New Member

Thank you! This should help. I hate walk throughs, but sometimes I need a hint to look in correct direction.
  7. Ladislava Active Member

Okay, so you can't go into this zone with gear from the box (check). Got my toons a little better gear but it is still taking me more time than necessary to kill the first named. 1. If you can only damage him when his adds are dead then please make it easier to kill them, have less than three spawn every two seconds, or let our pets help. Speaking of, some toons rely on their pets to do some damage, so yeah not a cool buff. Yes, I used the silk thread and I even went and got an Embrace the frost but that didn't seem to matter much. I just spent thirty minutes trying to kill this guy with my wizard. You take away pets, stats that we used then pile adds on. That's not a fun fight it's the one that has us teaching our kids the f-bomb (actually my husband did that but the point still stands). I had fun figuring the other stuff out. Still looking for some of the discovery points. Don't mind falling in the lava and dying when I don't have to kill anything. The collection shinies spawning in the top of a burnt tree that you can't get into ...not cool. Loved the last boss. It took me a few deaths before I even realized he was behind me. Once I did, I started laughing at myself. I mean what else can you do. You're an idiot and you have to own up to it :). So good-ish job
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

There's one way I know of to hide the title for replicas: place them behind a Vampiric Mirror (the NotD one). I don't recall which version of the mirror hides the titles -- I think it's the one you can't walk through.
    Twyla and Schmetterling like this.
  9. Chrol Developer

Next update for Ro's Sweatshop solo will see...

• Only 1 dragoon will spawn at a time during the fight with Elemy Elmonnier (first boss)
    • Magma morsels can be harvested at the lowest mining level
    • Fireye will no longer knock you up into the sky on pull
    • Messaging added to the last 3 bosses to remind you to use Firesilk Thread if you don't already have the buff
  10. Gratouillis Member

Hello here ! the evnt is now on live. There are some new shinies in the new zone, but they pop on top of things, or inside the trunk, near the 3rd named, and it's impossible to collect them. Can you have a look to fix this with the today's patch? *shiny addict here*
    Manafizzle, Cyra and Denebi like this.
  11. Diveris Well-Known Member

I think that is working as intended. The shinies are in hard to reach locations on purpose. Makes the zone a little more fun tbh, it is a well designed zone.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Cyra Member

Ditto this, I completed this quest before server went down. Shinies on top of TENTS! can't reach. Impossible
  13. Chrol Developer

Not a bug!
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

you can jump there with floaty from the hill or you can apparently get a jumpy jump item from some jubilee person who sells a recipe or something something?

i got to all shiny and disco locs without that jumpy jump item so take that, carol! you cant stop me! (plz dont try to stop me :cry: )
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Diveris Well-Known Member

Is Jacinder a merc? if so any tips on locating it?
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

use the search feature in mercenary tab if you have unlocked him
  17. Diveris Well-Known Member

Thanks, forgot about the search function. Guess I don't have it unlocked.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah me neither, i did the collection in the solo (is there a heroic collection?) i did the solo poi achievement

maybe you have to do the heroic zone too and the pois there
  19. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the new 120+ zone is not fun at all.
    I hate jumping puzzles, I hate jumping puzzles with mobs trying to kill you. I hate jumping puzzles with the mobs trying to kill you and falling means instant death.
    I cannot even tell if this is an amazing zone because I am too busy killing mobs that do not want to die.
    Please, not repops. Please, let it flipping die fast. Please let us have some sort of idea what is going on (which reminds me the no text in chat sky writing goes by too fast, even on slow, please put those messages in the chat window).

It is not worth the migraine, or the hands in pain, or the frustration in general.
    Kattt, Moonpanther and Manafizzle like this.
  20. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I was not on Test when and if other people were testing to run the heroic, so I'm going to Test feedback the heroic right now because I tried it on live.

Fireye fight: There is a lack of indicators of what to do and a lot of instant-death from things that seem to have not a lot of logic or warning. People don't want to die 20 times trying to kill a holiday event heroic mob, do they? It's not a fun use of my time.

I still don't like the placement of shinies. I don't find it a fun challenge to fall in lava, get stuck in a perma-fall between trees and vines etc. Not fun to me. I understand about the floaty, and moving in this game is still clunky and awkward enough to make this a hassle and not a joy.

We ran out of time and didn't figure out Fireye, but it doesn't seem like the steps are clear enough. We found at least 25 different ways to die, but no ways to reduce the mob's health effectively. We'll go back in probably, but wow...for a holiday event this is not so light and fun.