Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration is active on Test!

You need not fear me or my fellow devotees of Flame, though you are bound to encounter us across Norrath during this time of celebration. Join us in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince, and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

An unprecedented event is unfolding! Chandrima, an Allyrian from Plane of Magic, is projecting herself near the celebration location in Butcherblock Mountains. Many have tried to speak with her, but she is waiting for someone specific, perhaps you are whom she seeks? Whatever her concerns are, it will undoubtably lead to an adventure sure to temper your mettle, burning away that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient!

Bear witness to feats of burning devotion and infernal dedication being performed in the name of Ro by devotees at Buccaneer Beach in The Sinking Sands.

If you wish to perform a task as part of the festival, speak with Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood, or Estmund Vynaan in Lavastorm. They would be thankful for any assistance.

New Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon - "Festive Fireworks” city quests and special event merchant are available in the cities.
    • Kaladim, Kael Drakkel, and Tarinax servers - The entire event is active, with the exception of Combusting at the Seams and "Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop", due to expansion availability.
    Live Servers
    • New Quest!
      • Combusting at the Seams offered by Chandrima in Butcherblock Mountains for players level 120+.
        • Rewards include Copper Jubilation Medal during Summer Jubilee!
    • New level 120+ dungeon with solo and heroic versions
      • Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop [Heroic] and [Solo]
        • Includes new daily mission: Snuffing the Fabrician of Flames [Event]
    • The Ember Merchants have 38 new items available, including new building blocks and a new mount!
    Returning features
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • A Sparkler Merchant can be found in any player city.
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Estmund Vynaan near Dragons Breath Tunnel in Lavastorm
        • Conflagrant Rites – Crozier Quest
        • Conflagrant Rites – Bringing Flame Bearers
        • Conflagrant Rites – Cinderstone Heist
    • Quests
      • Feats of Burning Devotion - Repeatable every year
        • Copper Jubilation Medal has been added during Summer Jubilee!
      • The Heat Is On - Repeatable every year
      • “Festive Fireworks” city quests – Repeatable
    • Collection
      • Corilac Gem Stones
    This event content is currently set to run 06/30/2022 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/13/2022 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. Any feedback submitted after 6/26 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

The touch by flames thing that the scaling mobs tend to start combat with that stifle you are kinda annoying particularly since the immunity runes won't work outside of VoV/RoS zones
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

OK Kaitheel, I see that not only are you a brilliant quester enabler, but a sadist too! I think I am addicted to dying in lava again. This zone has a central theme, which can be completed, but hidden in the zone are:
    • A Shiney collection with EIGHT shinies in spots you will attempt to obtain dozens of times to finally succeed (If at all); and
    • hidden and quite interesting disco locations for the exploration achievement in both heroic and solo.
    This zone will both frustrate you and intrigue you at the same time. It's like Plane of Mischief in EQ1.. infuriating, but a lot of fun. Sure... run thru the basic solo quest for the rewards. |(mostly 305 resolve fabled gear.. with a chance of an occasional rarer item, ability or adornment). But you will come back for the challenge.. get out your run ability, any ability to give you speed, your spring loaded gnomish stilts etc to jump and run further and be prepared to die to lava A LOT (or else I just suck :)

Oh buy the recipe for Hot Hoppers from the merchant.. it will help a lot

Nicely done.
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Whether anecdotally or fact I am seeing an existing 1;3;3 drop of Vampire Bone Shards to now ;1;1:1 in this event zone. That is, an obvious increase of the fertilizer Vampire Bone Shards that makes up for their rarity in other zones.
  5. Gelenor Well-Known Member

You can be trapped on Lonely Island without a snack to feed the stallion for transport. Recommend a magma morsel be placed on lonely island.

Burned Breckbrenter emote for spawn is not attributed to him, its just a /say to the player
  6. Kaitheel Developer

LOL! Thank you for the compliments, Gelenor, but I cannot take the credit (or blame) on this one. Chrol is the mastermind behind this dungeon, and as you can see he was determined to fill it with treats and challenges. There's no "once and done" with this dungeon!

Thank you for leaping in to this lava testing pool with such gusto!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Do you mean the elementals found out in the world? The ones that scale to your level when you enter their AOI?

What level is your character when you have a hard time with Touch of Flames?

~ Kaitheel
  8. Denmum Developer

I can verify that I've been stifled for the entire fight with some of those elementals at 125. Thankfully, at that level, my warden pet and my melee skills handily beat it to death, but it is rather annoying, in a mild sort of way. :D
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

question Kaitheel on Varsoon where, will we find the medals this time? on fireworks launchers?
    or because we at least have one quest will we get a medal for every fifth one we turn in?
  10. Chrol Developer

Will put a magma morsel spawn on Lonely Isle, and I will update the messaging when Burnard Backbreaker spawns. Right now, it does appear as a /say, but it's actually displayed for everyone in the zone both in chat and on screen.

Will also be slowing down the add respawns for bosses in solo.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Will current expac runes work in these zones ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Bludd like this.
  12. Chrol Developer

Yes.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I don't mind spelling it out this time. I had intended the surprise of finding the Copper Medals during Tinkerfest to be a wonderful surprise (and quickly obvious) for Varsoon. *cough* That did not happen. *cringe* So, I don't mind telling you that Varsoon will find Copper Jubilation Medals as a reward for the "Festive Fireworks" quests in every city.

~ Kaitheel
  14. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

15. Kaitheel Developer

I know... I feel it too.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well, I am happy either way thanks Kaitheel , and most people will still get a surprise when they do the fireworks quest and end up with more medals.
    But we people who visit the forum always want to know.
    I won't ask where you put them for Ocean Full. ;)
  17. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Magmus Hopitmus as a named does not drop a chest...although your auto loot Asbestos Warts for recipe on kill. It might be intentional.
  18. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ok I am not having any success in getting the daily quest for the achievement to increase the item for Jubilee. That's 24 hours -plus later, nothing updates in zone... what am I missing?
    I seem to be missing some clue to upgrade the Jubilee wrist item beyond 1/6

Gelenor
  19. Kaitheel Developer

The daily mission you are looking for is named "Snuffing the Fabrician of Flames [Event]". It should be automatically provided upon entering either the solo or Heroic zones, if it's been 18 hours since the last completion. It's tracked via the achievement "Out Sweat the Sweatshop".

I suspect it had not been 18 hours since the last time you had completed this mission, hence the 1/6 score.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

You can totally ask where they come from when it comes time for Occeansfull. I am not offended, quite the opposite now, actually. Hence, my response earlier. Without clarification you won't know if it's working or not, and with things that are experienced for such a short period of time, it matters.

~ Kaitheel