Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration, a brand new event, is active on Test!

You need not fear any of the devotees of Flame you are bound to encounter across Norrath during this time of celebration. Within the flames all mettle is tempered, that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting is burned away, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient! Join them in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

Brand New Event for '18!
    • TLE servers
      • Stormhold - All of the event is active!
      • Fallen Gate – Fireworks and Sparkler Merchant are available in the cities.
    • In-game mail to announce the event.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro in 9 different zones.
    • Ember Merchant selling celebration exclusive items.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • “Corilac Gem Stones” event collection found in celebration areas.
    Please note: The scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (110). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content is currently set to run 06/28/2018 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/09/2018 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
    Symona, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kasa like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

YAY for Kaitheel.

I love the Oceansfull Event, its relaxing just swimming about.

I have no doubt this event will be a winner as well.

*tackle hugs for Kaitheel as well as a mountain of Kaitheel treats and a guard sent to DBG Offices*

~Cyrrena

PS Will we ever get any Hua Mein plushies? My Hua Mein Retreat needs some Hua Mein to live in it. Pretty please with Kaitheel treats on top.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It will take us a solid bit of time to find all 9 locations. While we're scouring the lands, the first question is - is it intentional that members don't get double tokens on these? :D

P.S. yes, the mobs are spawning as (very easy level) 110 for a level 110
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

In a group of two the boxes aren't giving both people the tokens,
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Narp. I've put it on the list of bugs to look at. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I see the Sparkler Merchant that is supposed to be for Fallen Gate is up ... however, he's charging tokens for his items, and FG won't have access to the tokens. Are those going to be swapped to gold/etc prices for FG? The fireworks launchers are also up, but cannot be set off (I was told by the fireworks coordinator to find a festive sparkler, which is now purchased and in my primary appearance slot, since it is an appearance-only item. However, the fireworks still do not work.)
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Virtual baked goods and much halfling love to whomever can help us find the 9th spot.

(We've found DLW, LS, BBM, PoF, SS, Ant, CL, Tranquil Sea) We REALLY thought JW should have some, with the Skyfire area and all, but 3 different people have been through the zone and found nothing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sableflame Nightmare does NOT convert into a house item.
  9. Kasa Well-Known Member

Everything is sizing nicely.
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Ooops forgot to ask is that intended? :)
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, rewinding now that my brain is slightly unsnarled. The fireworks coordinator is giving the quest now. The reward tokens from this are doubling. (It is the one from the elemental chests not doubling.)

So, my question has changed. Are the Fireworks Coordinators and the Sparkler Merchants going to be on all servers, or only on FG? The OP makes it sound like they're unique to FG.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Good luck hunting for that last zone, its well hidden (and quite annoying tbh hehe)! Kaitheel is devious.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Is the ninth one Burned Woods? It's hard to find, because it moves around.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Exactly. The Festive Sparkler is being sold by the Sparkler Merchant for 10 copper. (It's the only thing he's not selling for Coin of Ember.) Once you have the sparkler, you can speak with the coordinator and be given the quest to light the fireworks. One of the rewards for this repeatable quest is the Coin of Ember.

The Sparkler Merchant and the coordinator will be up on all servers! They're not exclusive to Fallen Gate.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Very nice on the sparkler merchant being on all servers. Thank you.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I'll add it to the list, but I'm not sure if the scaling of the mob is interfering or not. It will take some examination.

Thanks for pointing it out!

~ Kaitheel
    Kasa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Kaitheel since you are active on the thread, is it truly 9 zones? The 9th one seems to be very well hidden.

found so far:
    DLW
    SS
    Tranquil
    CL
    Ant
    PoF
    Lavastorm
    BBM
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, it's out there! I even went on Test to make sure it was spawned and working. It is!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sneaky fella, not even a hint! :p I'm pretty sure we checked all zones at least once, so we're overlooking something obvious. :O
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I just confirmed it does convert. Perhaps you were trying to convert it while you were in a house zone? I did use the same icon for the house item and the mount. Is the icon causing confusion, maybe?

~ Kaitheel