Scorched Sky Celebration is Back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We're now smack-dab in the middle of Summer Jubilee as we kick off Scorched Sky Celebration! It’s also another chance to continue to upgrade your Golden F’Aestival Bracers. Once again, Fennin Ro and his son, Solusek Ro, are seeking to grow the ranks of their devotees. In order to rejoice in the primal power of fire and flame though, you'll need to steel your heart and be ready to face your fears like never before.
    The most advanced adventurers with a penchant for all things toasty warm can head to The Highlands in Butcherblock Mountains to find your path. Just don't scream when it is finally revealed! For those who wish to test their bravery even more by performing a task, seek out the celebration at Buccaneer Beach in The Sinking Sands, Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood, or Estmund Vynann in Lavastorm.
    [IMG]
    Here's what is new for this year:
    • Live Servers
      • New Quest
        • Combusting at the Seams offered by Chandrima in Butcherblock Mountains for players level 120+
      • New level 120+ dungeon with solo and heroic versions
        • Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop
          • Includes new daily mission: Snuffing the Fabrician of Flames [Event]
      • The Ember Merchants have 38 new items available, including new building blocks and a new flying mount!
      • Limited-time Mercenary and Mount training drops from Visions of Vetrovia missions.
    • Special Rules Servers
      • Varsoon - "Festive Fireworks" city quests and special event merchant are available in the cities.
      • Kaladim, Kael Drakkel, and Tarinax servers - The entire event is active, with the exception of Combusting at the Seams and "Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop", due to expansion availability.
    [IMG]
    Returning features:
    • All servers – double experience for members.
    • Ro worshipers can be found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals, and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro:
      • Antonica
      • The Commonlands
      • Darklight Wood
      • Lavastorm
      • The Pillars of Flame
      • The Sinking Sands
      • Butcherblock Mountains
      • Great Divide
      • Tranquil Sea
    • Tempered by Flame: Defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elementals to earn Coins of Ember.
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Estmund Vynaan near Dragons Breath Tunnel in Lavastorm
        • Conflagrant Rites: Crozier Quest
        • Conflagrant Rites: Bringing Flame Bearers
          • Agent: Dirron Emberblood
        • Conflagrant Rites – Cinderstone Heist
    • Quests
      • The Heat Is On
      • "Festive Fireworks" city quests
    • Collection
      • Complete the event collection and you will be handsomely rewarded.
      • Corilac Gem Stones
    • Achievements
      • Face the fire elementals to become tempered by the flames and earn a title:
        • "the Scorched"
    [IMG]
    Lest ye forget, there are also fireworks! So many bright colors, and all to help give Fennin and Solusek the proper respect and devotion they deserve. Are you ready to stare fire, flame, and death in the eye and survive all while partying it up through the smoke and heat? We'll find out today because Scorched Sky Celebration is now live and ends on July 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
    [IMG]
    Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
  2. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

magnificent....:p as conjurer myself i shall burn everything in path in honor to the lords of fire and sun.....later once the event is concluded by the end of july lets discuss the possibility of a ''future day to honor druzzil and ayonae'' those two too deserve some praise....<3
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Lidahn, OOOOOO nooooooo she singed the tip of my tail, watch out where you aim that flamethrower.
  4. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

btw what's that golden armor in the picture? i loved that le bustier :oops: is obtainable? i would love to get one for myself and my ALTS@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we don't have that many quests for Scorched Sky, so yes do not overlook those fireworks, you can do that quest till your fingers fall of from lighting them, and you get 2 tokens for the Fire Festival and 6 for the summer event .
    I think my eyes are beginning to get crossed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Zylara Well-Known Member

• Limited-time Mercenary and Mount training drops from Visions of Vetrovia missions.
    Question... Are they still able to be gotten from body drop quests and the book poi quests like previous expacs? Its just Ive been holding onto these waiting for these the temp reducer weekends and I just did all 4 zones completely and not one single reducer.....now either Im having the worst luck ever with getting them or they arent being rewarded for them
    and yes I know its all down to luck really but every expac I do these when they come around and Ive NEVER had that bad luck lol, so wanna make sure not wasting my time rofl
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Sharakari Active Member

A new quest with a cloak reward and we get a reused cloak. We couldn't come up withsomething new for Scorched Sky?
  8. floofloobunny Active Member

solo of Combusting at the seams is still popping 2 adds for Elemy/ I read it was to be reduced to 1 for solo. I cant beat him
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tilweani like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

What is a major let down is the reward for the solo collection. It is not an easy task to get the collectibles for any stretch of the imagination and I actually appreciate that they have finally added the "jumping puzzle" concept from guild wars 2 into the game. I think this idea has potential and should be expanded to other zones, specifically outdoor zones with sections requiring patience and skill to traverse the layout to get to a collectible or loot. Guild wars 2 nailed that.

But getting a house item falls into the category of meh. There should be a neat appearance item at least or something that balances out the risk vs reward concept.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and RubyHOF like this.
  10. Sedient Active Member

No... Vehemently
  11. Ichoris Well-Known Member

No more jumping puzzles. I really hated this and died so many times. I pretty much have assumed I won't be getting the collection finished or discover all the POI. Unless by chance I get all the shinies from the one on the tent and the one at the end.

I actually like jumping puzzles. Just not in EQ2. This isn't a 3D platform game. If you want to add 3D jumping then at least make the controls work well. The way the jumping item was implemented wasn't good IMHO. Trying to use the item while jumping doesn't make sense and isn't that easy (at least for me). I thought you equip the item and after you jump you can do another jump. Nope. I had to find someone to explain it to me. I would never think that is how it worked.

I liked the rest of the zones and the bosses and everything else. Just hated the jumping. Normally I wouldn't care and just ignore it but I love collecting the shinies so it's a shame I won't be able to get them all. Even this is fine. Not all content has to be for everyone.
  12. RubyHOF Member

I loved it (jumping puzzle), and I am glad the events have different things about them.
  13. Tilweani Member

I personally despise that quest for the Event, I looked up the walk through and said nothing as to how you kill Elemy Elmonnier .... seems like every time I got him to 70%, I would get killed by some Dragons. After 10 times trying, I give up and deleted the quest! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  14. Evil Queen New Member

I can't even get him to 70% before I get killed. I think I got him under 90% once but the dragoons spawn so fast that it all takes over. I had no issues with the one during Tinkerfest but this one forget it. I have given up as well.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Both, for those of us who really dig house items and wearables! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Might I put in a request for next year: every other holiday we have (holidays where it'd be appropriate; I can't think of how it could be done for the Chronos or Beast'r Day or whatever to have, say, building blocks) either has a recipe salesman or we can find recipes, like with Oceansfull and Nights of the Dead (how cool is NotD? we have BOTH! :D). Since there's a whole slew of cool (heh) stuff to buy off the merchants for Scorched Sky, could we PLEASE start getting recipe books for the various building blocks? They wouldn't necessarily need special mats; neither the Awuidor nor the Moving Water recipes require any, and as a matter of fact, use really low-level tier stuff that we might not care about harvesting any more except for things like that.

If we could do that for recipes from the Water event, why not from Fire? :D

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another suggestion: the Animated Cinders look awesome, but I was hoping they were actually plushies, rather than house pets. Imagine my dismay when I found out otherwise; I need them to be in an oven indefinitely, not wandering around on their own little lonesome whenever they get the notion (we could also use "Turn This Pet Into a Plushie" potions that are Until Canceled, not timed or charged [well, okay, maybe charged, but we want recipes for it that ANYONE can make...]). :-/

So for next year, can we have a true plushie version for cheaper, like 1-2 Coin(s) of Ember? I looked at Lera's site, and there isn't anything, really, that looks like that, that I can see, that actually is a plushie (Lera had it mislabeled; got excited, I guess ;->)?

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.