Scholar/Sage on tle server.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Malisin, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Malisin New Member

Please forgive my total newbness. I've tried to Google this but I'm having trouble finding any good information about the toe server. I haven't played eq2 in about 9 years.

So I've been playing an illusionist and have finally decided that's the class I will stick with (after trying many over the past week). One of my favorite things in eq2 is the crafting system. I was originally thinking of going scholar/sage for crafting, but was told because of spell research, that they are kind of unnecessary. Is this true? If so what would be a profitable/ useful tradeskill to pick up for my class? I was thinking outfitter or jewel crafter. I was suggested provisioning, but that doesn't appeal to me.

While I'm being a huge newb, is there a forum for the fallen gate server? I heard there was a discord for it, but can't find the info for that either. If anyone has a link to it that would be awesome.

Thanks so much for any help I get here!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Being a sage will not make you much plat, but it WILL save you in game time and money.
    Also, for the next expac, they've announced a level increase of 10 AND that you will not be able to 'skip' spell levels.. so people WILL need to buy journeyman arts and, if they can find adepts in game, expert spells.. unless those people want to spend REAL money to speed research.
    Malisin and Xianthia like this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I see sage as a good choice, even with research available. Eventually folks will be high level enough that they won't want to spend Xdays days researching before actually grabbing the master. Lower levels don't take long to research and not being able to go past 50 for another couple of months will allow enough time to research key abilities. However, as future expacs go live the experts will be sought after.
    Malisin likes this.
  4. Malisin New Member

Hey! Thanks so much for your responses! I think I will go ahead with my plan to be a sage after all!