Scheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. GIndotto Well-Known Member

15-18 hours? What game are you playing that's down for 15-18 hours a week? lol
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

BREAKING NEWS:

EU Server has been delayed for the Introduction of Duck Mounts!
    Katz likes this.
  3. goldfoot New Member

We are not complaining about the patch taking longer time than usual, we complain because our server havent even been taken down. Which means they havent even started patching on it. So how can they have known it would take longer than usual before they even started.
    Feldon, Kinya and Gadasc like this.
  4. ColorsFade Active Member

Thanks for that clarification Kurei. Appreciate it.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

It is an exaggeration, but it is not refutable that we take the heavy brunt of all the bugs and server instability issues by getting it first :p Just proves we need more people messing around on test and beta to debug these things better....and even then, things can happen in Live that never happened in Beta sometimes.
  6. Bookem311 New Member

Please stop the "Don't forget about us!" schtick. They did not forget about you. They might have priorities, and you might not be included in them, but thinking they flat out forgot about you is ridiculous.

It's probably because, in developers' eyes, they aren't. Priorities are given to the larger customer base, in this case, the US servers. I am not saying I condone it, or think it's fair, it is just the way business works. People don't complain unless something is broken, so the other 99.99% of the time,when you are actually able to play up-to-date content, you ignore the job they are doing. It's patch day in an MMO. Stuff doesn't go as planned, and RARELY does. If you don't understand this then you either A) Haven't played MMOs long enough, or B) Don't understand how they work. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! (Sorry, had to throw the A Few Good Men quote in at the end. It felt like a good fit!) ;)
  7. Wanic Active Member

Now that's a worthwhile delay in the update!
    #Duckmount2014
    Katz likes this.
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I have no (appropriate) words for this, so I'll just say "thanks" :p

All servers are being unlocked as soon as they are available. Things are just taking longer to load this morning, but the teams are working on getting everything up and going for everyone.
    Katz, Feldon and Avahlynn like this.
  9. Poopcicle Member

10. mitsybitsy Member

so no ETA or explanation why EU servers have not been patched ?
    LOL
    just lol
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

And the Locking/Patching of the Forgotten red headed step child? :)
  12. Evisca D'White Member

EU/AUZ players please read instead of posting the same tired thing in twelve places because you didn't bother to read anything...

They are patching the U.S. servers. Something is wrong and they are trying to fix it. When it is fixed they will roll it out to you without the added delay that we are getting. To even speculate that, "Oops, we forgot that other continent!" is just derp. Do you want the broken stuff that we're getting or the finished product without nearly as much wrong? We have a saying here in the good ol' USofA...

"Take a Chill Pill!"
    Foretold, Avahlynn and Feldon like this.
  13. Daenys Member

Well, thanks to you Afista for your good job at sharing news ;)

BTW, I don't know if it's the same problem with every EU server, but Storms isn't even down yet. So our actual issue (even if it's getting some US players angry) is "when will our servers go down, and will it be before our raid/most important playtime?". And I'm sure this questions has, someday, bothered every EU AND US player ;)
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

EU servers are estimated to be brought down at Noon PDT today.

If this information changes, I will inform you asap.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Wrong.

Both servers were set to go down at the EXACT same time. If there was an issue, the patch would be delayed for ALL servers, not just EU ones. The fact is, the EU ones were forgotten about.
    Jelmei and Ranga like this.
  16. goldfoot New Member

But explain why they say they will take down ALL servers and dont do it, then they find out it takes longer time. Question is why they didnt take EU servers down at same time.
  17. Wanic Active Member

But you see, the EU/AUZ players have always been the red headed child when it comes to patching, bar a few patches when we were synced (I can't even remember when) with the US servers on patching, but that's few and far between. We were told it should be today, but its been delayed for us, so understand our pov when we're asking for more info, even a tid bit (barring soon tm)

Also chill pills are too cold, and its raining currently, so i'll stick to hot chocolate.
  18. goldfoot New Member

So why wasnt this communicated when the thread was started? Now it ends up during primetime raiding time for people and destroys the evening for even more people!
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

How do people miss the red names? I generally find them easier to spot.
    Feldon likes this.
  20. Gadasc New Member

I understand that we are not a priority and it's quite logical as you explained it. I'm aware that the team is doing what they can with what they got (and is doing it very well). What upset me is getting the impression that EU servers doesn't deserve as much work and attention as the others (sometimes very minor error like server and launcher not on the same version take a full day to be corrected. And yes, I'm aware that US tech / developpers are not robots and need to sleep too ;)