Scheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

~Gently packs you in bubble wrap, places you in a box labeled to SOE, packs in some cookies for you on the trip, and express mails you to California.~ They're gonna need you, I fear, you and your lime jello talents.
  2. Onoes New Member

Wow... sad people looking for a reason to be sad, and mad people looking for a reason to be mad.. Thanks SOE for posting your downtime, and good luck on finishing within the update window.
  3. Scalette Member

SoE probably should of posted 2 hour est time for US servers and 3 hours for EU servers..o_O
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Morfydd Active Member

Most US servers are up and have been for almost 10 minutes
  5. mitsybitsy Member

just amazing how every time the EU servers get forgotten about might aswell just merge every server to us and have done with it tbh.

and yet again no explanation just the times for downtime where right.
    Mattsupp likes this.
  6. Kinya Active Member

I think US players don't really understand what is going on.
    How would you feel if despite the info that all servers get update at the same time, US servers wouldn't? How about every 2nd week you would expect update at certain time of day and ... nothing happens because of miscommunication.
    This is the problem.
    Announcement says ALL servers, including EU. This is not the first time when it happens. Every other week we have exactly the same discussion. If SOE staff is posting that ALL servers will be updated, then why they forget EU? :(

Also this is important update and I am pretty sure US players would complain much more if they got it 1 day later than EU...
    So please, try to understand us - EU players, we just want to have important updates the same time as you guys or at least proper info when this update will take place.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Can't really comment on your specific problem.

What I CAN comment on is how often, however, that our "Two hour downtimes" have turned into "Three to five days of spot two hour downtimes because of bugs that you took the bullet for. Sorry guys".

Notice its almost ALWAYS the US servers going down for extended additional maintenances, because whatever happens to us ends up fixed, packaged, and shipped to you guys. I'd say things would get louder around here if something suddenly hit EU riddled with bugs.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle, Crushbone, and Everfrost (physically one server) are still down.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Well how the tides have turned.

We get told of an update well in advance, on schedule, and it doesn't happen.

:D
    Ranga likes this.
  10. Kinya Active Member

Edit: Ups no Twitter plugin on this forum, so here is what Holly wrote on Twitter:

11. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

No one forgot the EU servers. This is a very large patch and things took longer than expected.
  12. Mattsupp New Member

Hi everyone,

Well, I am not complaining because they forgot us, but because it's not the first time. We're not complaining about patch that come one day later, or bug fixes that come in the afternoon or evening, or bad translation that we report but are still there one year after (there's no "weekly mission" NPC on the french server, there are two "daily mission" NPCs ;) )

We're just saying that we are paying like anyother player, so we just want the same treatment ;-) at least they could have told us something right? ;)
    Kinya likes this.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

They just told you something :p

That said, at least you guys get to play when it finally comes back up >.> Stuck @ a school building w/ no classes today until noon when I can leave, then working till eleven at night, and falling asleep the instant I come home :p
    Feldon likes this.
  14. ColorsFade Active Member

What does population "locked" mean?

Some people are logged in, but no one else is allowed yet?
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

No, Locked means the server is 'stable but still undergoing some updates'. Nobody can log in, but its different from fully down, as you can perform basic account functions/create characters but cannot actually log in.
  16. Gadasc New Member

As an EU player, I should stop thinking that patchday is tuesday...

When we get the patches on the expected day, it's during primetime. If the patch is buggy, the servers are down for at least 12h.
    But often, we get the update the day after.

I can understand that sometimes, things are not going as expected...But I understand why a lot of EU player feel that we are not as important as US players.
  17. Ranga Active Member

Well it's gonna take 60 days to get the first GM anyways so leave it until the middle of the night now and let us raid in peace :)
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Afista forgot the most important word used for these announcements which is 'approximately.' That word takes care of some of the usual grief on these update threads.

The stop watch/alarm freaks will complain no matter what time the servers come up or go down, THEIR time keeping is upset.

There will always be complaints from EU/AUZ. It's been that way since day one of launch. Sometimes the complaints are really valid. Sometimes they just seem like a constantly clicked macro. To be fair, complaints from the USA on launch days seem to be macros too.

I'm pretty jazzed for this update too. There's been a lot more communication from the dev world regarding this update and that is pretty darn fine.

Once again I have to give a shout out to Feldon for his knowledge of SOE and common sense posts. You rock my forums world, Feldon )

(off for my first cup of coffee)
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do see your point on that, no doubt.

But do you REALLY want to deal with 15~18 hours of downtime to get servers fully stabilized and every bug ironed out? Every major patch that hits the US servers first tends to cause several days of spot downtimes due to server crashes or 'urgent fix' bugs lol.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've heard that berating and screaming at the EQ2 team will get the servers up faster.
    Katz, flameweaver, Alenna and 2 others like this.