Scheduled Server Downtime November 12, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Athamé Raynr X New Member

whoop whoop just got in = ) ciao
  2. Sedient Active Member

I get what they would like DM's to be. A place you can go and be creative and then "play" your creation, but that type of player simply isn't here. Those people are playing minecraft or landmark. The people in EQ2 now are looking for end-game content. Until they decide that they want to make a big push to revamp and remarket the game they might as well cater to the current player base or risk them getting pissed off and leaving. People do want to play the content, but they don't want to grind 5 stupid levels.
    SychoCharley likes this.
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Login servers now work. My server, however is down.
  4. Ekeu New Member

Alenna that was really good too! I mean if your a ranger. :)
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

bah, got to character select, shows servers down and my 100 illy back to 95... hmm... interesting :D
  6. Oary Member

That isn't really the problem. IT will be like this forever. Maybe you could expect that if they had 15 yr old servers and firewalls and software, but then there will always be humans who mess things up by accident.
  7. Kurofinis New Member

I like badges. They're so pretty. I feel pretty. This thread will get to 50 if we work at it... add long signatures? NOT! It's better to grind the 50 pages honestly with lively debate and great videos. Who's next?
    Rhamnusia likes this.
  8. Garaphax New Member

If they would work SMART, perhaps they would not need to work so hard!
  9. Protheus New Member

Yeah... DM's are great to make exp.. espcially for people not living this game day in and day out... come on SOE..i was away for many years and I come back and see that somethings haven't changed.. this is frustrating.
  10. Enine New Member

on char seclect screen but freeport still down =(
  11. Critana Member

I only want to make 1 declarative statement. LEARN TO READ! They are having server issues even the people that run the game can't get in server side email is down and everything. Sorry they ruined your coffee break. Just sit back and relax speed racer. they are trying to implement the NGE over here things like this take time.
  12. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Well, we're way ahead of schedule. It took us until 2 pm yesterday to hit 30 pages. It's not even 11 am!
    Rhamnusia, Oary and Raito like this.
  13. KingTreeRat New Member

I get it that they have Twitter streamed on the front page of the forums, but it still pisses me off that these MMO companies feel like keeping their customer base updated with 3rd party software, when they have their own forums they can use. Remind me again why I need to follow Twitster to get information from you SOE?
    Tokoz, Pipsissiwa, Steelviper and 2 others like this.
  14. Tacocat New Member

update says problem with login servers
  15. Natharin Member

and then suddenly my email pops up with a new mail titled "Have you heard? J!NX and SOE Are Doing Somethin..."

We can now get /claim items from buying some T-Shirts, but that Ognit’s Mini Dirigible Device Mount would have been far more fun in EQ2 for my gnome.
  16. Nathdar Member

SO...since so many are complaining about the bumps in this release..I'm curious as to what games release without pain. Any input? ALL games I have played have had release issues BUT I've only played a few. SO input on smooth releases...starting NOW! Go Go GO!
    Rhamnusia likes this.
  17. girney Active Member

anyone who has played eq2 should be very used to this downtime taking longer than advertised
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Splitpaw has been hit for 2235235023589023582 points of Server Crash Damage.
    jimmyfrank, Kittybock and Kuulei like this.
  19. Hyt3ckr3dn3ck New Member

I hope there are plans to compensate paying player's for all this time unable to log in to the game we pay i repeat pay to play.. Lol people just spent 40 90 200+ on this game yesterday and all you can do is bring the game down for hours again.. WTG thank you so much for the wonderful customer service. Lemme run out and buy your new xpac quick so i can not play it.
    Ashy likes this.
  20. Morfydd Active Member

Hey, guys it's what I told you before. The cleaning crew threw out the yellow sticky with the server passwords on it.
    Feldon and Shiba like this.