Scavenger Hunt on Permafrost Server Oct. 12

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Xabbu, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Xabbu Member

Moonshadow Grove Scavenger Hunt!

Fun! Prizes! Scavenging!

Moonshadow Grove will be hosting a scavenger hunt on the Permafrost

server for all who would like to participate. We will be awarding

bags just for participating, and the best scavenger will be

awarded with a brand new mount!

The hunt will be held in Antonica on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 2 PM EST.

The meet up is by the Qeynos Gate Station gryphon tower. Bring your

friends, bring your guildies, bring anyone you like, but remember

to bring your scavenging shoes :)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us in game, and we

look forward to seeing you at the hunt!
  2. Xabbu Member

The scavenger hunt was held as planned, and was a rousing success!

First place went to Arkengrump of League of the Extraordinary, who crushed the competition by almost an hour! Our second place finisher was Celidur, also of League of the Extraordinary. Celidur was followed quickly by Kalain from Order of Concord, who took our third place prize!

Grats to all the winners, and thanks to all who participated! We had a great time and look forward to doing it again!

For your viewing pleasure, here's a shot from a few minutes before the hunt began:
    [IMG]
  3. Clatto New Member

Xabbu, I would like to ask you how to run such an event sometime if you wouldn't mind. I DJ on an internet radio station www.militarybrotherhoodradio.com and one of the guilds I am affiliated with on the Unrest server...would like to run something like this with prizes as well. feel free to email me at your earliest convenience at djclatto@militarybrotherhoodradio.com I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Don't spend life with someone you can live with.
    Spend eternity with the one you can't live without. ~DJ Clatto
  4. Xabbu Member

Hiyas, DJ Clatto!

The best advice I could give you is to check out the pinned thread in this forum:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/guide-to-running-events.2462/

It has pretty much all the information I would give you, in probably a much more concise manner than I would give it. It's really a very good guide.

Keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time to plan and requires a sustained group effort. For example, I wasn't the one in charge of the event, I just helped advertise and photograph it, as well as help hand out prizes. Others were in charge of planning the mechanics of it, still others were involved in crafting all the goodies (we awarded quite a bit more than just a mount and some bags) and then we had the people who actually ran it in-game.

You may also notice the time between the first two posts in this thread. Plenty of time to get stuff ready. In other words, I wouldn't recommend trying something three days away with one or two guildies (though I'm sure it can be done, it probably wouldn't be much fun)

I hope that helps, and I wish you luck in planning and running your event :)
  5. Hrathnir New Member

6. Clatto New Member

Where would I find a good list of items that the players could scavenge?
    ~DJ Clatto
  7. Xabbu Member

Well that kind of depends on what zone you plan on running it in. We picked Antonica because it would not preclude lower level players from being able to participate (as it turns out the higher level players had a tougher time with body drops because of this), then one of our guildies went out and killed and gathered there for an hour or two to see what items were there. Then we just compiled a list that we thought would be good from that run.

As this was our first event, we had a few rough edges, one of which being we did not think to playtest the list prior to the event. We originally had a time limit that we had to lift during the hunt because it was taking longer to complete than we had anticipated. So if you're putting in a time limit, you may want to think about doing a run through to get an appropriate range.

p.s. was going to listen in on your show yesterday, but saw it was cancelled. am looking forward to listening to saturday's show. cacophony of sound is a little more up my alley than country anyhoo :)
  8. Clatto New Member

Yeah, I got called into work. I drive locally weeknights usually from 4p.m. til 6 am usually....Saturdays and Sundays off...(unless I get called in hehe)
    Don't spend life with someone you can live with.
    Spend eternity with the one you can't live without. ~DJ Clatto