SC gifting not working?????

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tinkrbelle, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Tinkrbelle Active Member

I have two accounts, My primary and my secondary. I ran out of SC on my primary account and have a boatload on my secondary. I have tried and tried to gift items to my character on my primary account from my secondary and the window that says it's processing just stays up forever and ever and nothing happens.

I am a little annoyed because I have had to add sc to my primary so I could buy potions and the like. It's costing me extra cash when I have the SC on another account. I keep that account running just so I can use the SC.

I asked in chat and many other people say they are having issues with gifting as well. I would really appreciate this issue fixed. I feel a bit cheated atm for the two purchases of SC I had to make because the gifting was not working.
  2. Jamiss Developer

Gifting is currently an issue that is being looked into. We don't have an ETA at the moment, but it is a known issue.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

While you are looking into gifting Jamiss, would you please look into why an account that paid for a sub, like 3, 6, or 12 months and then cancels so it does not auto-bill at the end of the sub cannot see transfer tokens or gift things. The sub is paid in advance so they should be able to gift and see transfer tokens.

Thank you

Cyrrena
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Borrachon New Member

Bump. Any update on this being fixed?
  5. Borrachon New Member

Gifting still broken
  6. Borrachon New Member

Still broken for 3 weeks now. Any update from a dev?
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Ridiculous...
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Just having a currently paid-for account is only part of the requirements. You also need a recurring payment set up, which means an active credit card on file for that account. When you stop the auto renewal process, the credit card is no longer considered active, and thus you are not able to see the token or gift items.
  9. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Out of my 3 accounts that are all access, running on a full year sub, since Feb/March of this year, one of them cannot use the gifting feature at all, the button is greyed out, says something like "you must be a member for at least one continuous month before using the Gifting feature", and it's been like that since I subbed for the year.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Borrachon New Member

Mine doesn't give an error at all. It just hangs at please wait processing.
  11. Eryn Well-Known Member

Any update on this? Trying to gift someone something and I can't
  12. Borrachon New Member

Still Broken.
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

Still broken
  14. Feylone Active Member

Yep, still is. Been trying for awhile, but just get stuck on the please wait screen.
  15. Spindle Well-Known Member

Recent Discord response:
    Caith - Today at 10:01 AM

The gifting issues are due to a change in backend systems outside of the games teams control. Jamiss and Bunji have been working to address the issue, but it's a slow process due to how the whole architecture works.
    And Krono do not count as a recurring sub.

Edit...hope this is not against forum rules. People need to hear the issue is out of the games teams hands and not go in to rumour mode, etc.
    Siren, Dude and Prissetta like this.
  16. Borrachon New Member

Spindle thanks for posting this update. While I appreciate Caith finally giving a status, I happen to work in I.T. and I know when someone is blowing smoke up my hole. I don't doubt the update message at all. My problem is they are hiding behind ambiguous language to not really tell us anything. "It is due to backend systems outside of the games teams control". This sounds like they use a 3rd party software to manage gifting or perhaps the entire marketplace. They have to be paying for a license or use of that software if that is what Caith is saying. Which means they have contacts they can reach out to to fix the problem. Remember this issue is well over a month old now. There has to be an SLA with the third party vendors. As a very long time paying customer I would like a better answer to what is happening with gifting. What I need to know as a paying customer is what is the ETR? Daybreak should have a deadline with the vendor based on an SLA. If the software is no longer under a service contract, then it is Daybreak that owns the problem. If it's not going to get fixed stop stringing us along and just say it's no longer a live feature of the game going forward. I know all this sounds boring but anyone who works in I.T. knows what I am talking about. We don't really need to know why it is broken. We need to know when it is expected to get fixed, or if it is going to be fixed at all.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

Kander once had to email whomever ran the marketplace to turn on the discount back in September and Jamiss said the marketplace was run through the smp command (whatever that is). Take that for whatever it is. At least they are still working on it.
  18. Borrachon New Member

I was able to use gifting just now. Not sure if I got lucky or it's actually fixed but it worked for me this time.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

It is fixed for me as well.
  20. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

while I haven't tried to gift with 2 of my 3 accounts, my 3rd account still says the "you must be a member for at least one continuous month", and it's on a full year sub (got my free DBC last week)