Not A Bug Saying the harvested item issue is not a bug is not acceptable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tinkrbelle, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkrbelle Active Member

Just saw that they closed the thread about the harvestables not showing the level on them anymore saying that it is not a bug.

This is unacceptable.

They have been in the game since the beginning, if you found some issues with bugs then fix those bugs do not remove information off every last harvested item there is. This is a joke, seriously. It makes the devs look very bad. Oh we messed up so let's just get rid of stuff and the issue will go away.

I'm not going to go away, I'm going to voice my displeasure and say that it's just poor coding and poor judgment to not try to fix the issue.

Fix it, it is a VITAL part of the game, fix it and be proud you were smart enough to do so.

My folks would say "You broke it, you fix it"
  2. Kronadin Member

I fully agree! Harvested items can only be used for a certain tier, and if this is not clear, players end up in a huge mess of harvested items that they can't allocate. Please fic this asap, it is clearly a bug, NOT a feature!
    Rosyposy, Karamella, Rose and 2 others like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Agreed. I appreciate that the devs are trying to fix problems, but this is not a good fix at all. We need to be able to sort our harvests in some fashion, and by tier is by far the simplest and most useful sorting strategy. Trying to remember that information for hundreds and hundreds of different items (some of which share icons) is nigh impossible for ordinary humans.
    Karamella, Rose, Moonfyre and 2 others like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When someone does something intentional, regardless of how stupid or idiotic it might appear, it's not a "bug." That said, it appears some folks are in denial about the consequences of the actions, which suggests things are spiraling out of control faster than expected.
    Tkia, Juraiya, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Liandra New Member

I agree. The original thread should never have been closed.
    Juraiya and Rose like this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me in simple words what is wrong with harvesting, what is harvestable level and why is it important? Being 6 years in Norrath and it seems that I am still missing some things.

P.S. I am not really into crafting but I am not a stranger to crafting either, just your normal regular norrathian.
  7. Rose Well-Known Member

As I posted in Developer KANDORS note, We as players did not break the coding for the harvestables....respectfully, your staff did! PLEASE, do not punish us for their mistakes! We are all human and makes mistakes, but deleting important information on items does not fix the mistake. It has been like this since the game began...PLEASE DO NOT change it now because someone made a mistake in coding.!!! "Deal with the few that are off code and, i quote Uwkete-of-Crushbone "LEAVE THE REST ALONE. Seriously. ""

My full post with more details is on page 5 of A Note from Kander --> there are a ton of others there posting the same thing...please put it back the way it was!!!
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Marae like this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Just visited TESO web site and I could not find a link to forums. The Community link on a web page contains a lot of News, Guides, Streaming, Wiki's pages and so on.

It is possible to live without the forum on an official game site!

P.S. Actually I have finally found a link to forum in very small letters. Hmm...
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

Evguinil62 said:
    "Can someone explain to me in simple words what is wrong with harvesting, what is harvestable level and why is it important? Being 6 years in Norrath and it seems that I am still missing some things."

The problem being discussed in this thread is specifically that the descriptions on harvested materials have been changed to remove information on the tier (or level) with which that material is associated. It used to say something along the lines of, "This material looks as if it could be used to craft level 60-69 items." Now it just says "This material looks as if it could be used for crafting." The level is associated with both the particular geographical area where the materials can be found and the specific recipes developed for that particular expansion. In the example above, the level information tells you that you could harvest those materials in either Loping Plains or the Overrealm, both level 60+ areas, and that you could use them to craft level 60-69 recipes.

Each recipe requires specific ingredients, and you can't substitute items from a different tier, even if it's the same type of item. In other words, if the recipe calls for black tea leaves, you can't substitute white tea leaves, which are from a different tier. You have to have the right materials, and you have to know where to find them, either in your inventory or in the wild. In most cases you can get an idea from the recipe where those materials ought to be found, but in many cases, you can't. Many of the holiday recipes use materials from lower tiers than the recipe level, or from multiple tiers.

Currently we have 13 tiers of crafting (levels 1-9 through 120-129), and for each tier there are at least 18 different materials: 2 plants, 1 fish, 1 meat, 1 mineral or gemstone, 1 ore or cluster, 1 wood, 1 root, 1 hide, and each of their rares - this is all from memory so I may be missing something. Even if I'm not, for most tiers it's actually a much larger number, since the lower tiers typically have in addition 2 more plants, 1 more each meat and fish, and 1 loam. There are also additional meats on some tiers (notably tier 8, which is level 70-79, and tier 9, 80-89).

Keeping track of so many crafting materials is challenging. The tier information made it so much easier to keep things organized, and to find what you needed quickly and efficiently, without having to memorize everything. Where do I go again to get those metallic reptile hides to make the 48-slot bags? The level information used to tell me....
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I just had my first run in with this problem and I agree with everyone else--it sucks. I wanted to play in BoL, but my character was loaded down with mats obviously intended for doing the TS quest lines in ToT and KA. There were also a lot of mats acquired from doing the daily apprentice tasks.

I had little idea which mats I could put in the depot and which I should keep. While I remembered some of the mats, needed for ToT and KA, there were others that I couldn't remember.

So I ended up having to take out a character with almost full backpacks because I couldn't tell the levels of the mats. This is a serious problem that needs fixing ASAP.
    Rose, Tkia, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

This is EQ2, not The Elder Scrolls Online. Please see your local guard for directions to the person or service you are looking for.
    Rosyposy and Marae like this.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

Almee, as a workaround, you could put the materials in the depot and then pull back out the ones that are of the appropriate tier for where you're doing TS. The depot still gives you a level number for things and will let you sort them by level. It's not ideal, and it's extra work, and it is of no use to those who don't have depots, but maybe it will help those who do until they fix this.

I just thank my lucky stars that I'm in an obsessive-compulsive habit of organizing as I go; otherwise, I simply could not deal with this.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

I agree. This was a mistake and lazy part on the dev team.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Whether or not you agree with the choice does not mean it is a bug that the levels were removed, and this is being discussed in multiple places at the moment. It does not need another thread, please feel free to continue the discussion in of the tradeskills threads about this subject or somewhere similar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.