Sanctuary!

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Helmarf, May 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Templar ancient spell. Change this spell so it can be cast while you are under an effect like stunned/stiffled!
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Helmarf wrote:
    I second that request long overdue...also would like it to also be an immunity while up against the dumb "no beneficial spells" incurable det
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Something should be done to make this spell more relevant again, which might yield to making the class slightly more relevant again.
  4. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

Ditto on this as well. The recast on it is still slow enough that it shouldn't break anything and other classes already cure while stun/stifled. I think this would do something/anything to help our raid ability.
  5. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

Pleasssseeeee !!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Helmarf wrote:

Change Sanctuary to only effect the Templar (become a self-buff, not group AE), then sure.

Compared to Fervent Faith (which can be cast while under stun/stifle effects), Sanctuary has the notable advantage of being a group wide duration based effect, which also provides immunity to incurable control effects. Sanctuary will also provide immunity to curse effects which possess stun/stifle components. In comparison, Fervent Faith is a one-click-wonder that only works on curable non-curse effects, and provides no immunity duration for the group like Sanctuary does.

Between the Templar proc for stun immunity, and the Steadfast buff for Stifle immunity, Templars should rarely be getting caught out by standard control effects. And in the event of being unlucky, they can still click a relevant anti-control potion, then hit sanctuary. There is also signets, holy shield, and enchanter avoids to help keep a Templar in full control of standard control effects.
  7. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    I see Avi the inquis still crawling into templar threads in his eternal mission to derail, confuse and mislead any attempt at adjusting templar abilities to enhance a class that is dying off...whats the prob Avi afraid of the possibility that templars might get some of their well thought out ideas implemented thus negating your neverending mission? Its sad that you believe this small suggestion let alone any of the other numerous suggestions by templars (you know the people that actually play the class you seemed determined to chime in and tell them how to play it) if implemented might unbalance the classes...like their so perfect now....
  8. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    Firstly, I have a 92/320 Templar. With such, I have just as much right as anyone else, to post on a thread relating to Templars.

With that said, would you care to explain why you think my post was a derail? It was directly related to the origal post.

Giallolas made the comment that "other classes already cure while stun/stifled", so comparing spells between class types is fair game. I am of the opinion that I gave an accurate breakdown on the comparisons between the clerical ancient spells which deal with control effects.

If you believe any of the information in my reply was misleading, or inaccurate, please elaborate as to how this is the case. I am most eager to hear your reasoning.

Have a lovely day.
  9. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    You again?

Seriously speaking i can only se the good things with a change to Santuary bringing more difference betwen templars and inq.
  10. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Helmarf wrote:
    Can you please elaborate on what you mean?

A feature of Fervent Faith (Inq Ancient Spell) is that it can be cast while under the effects of stifle/stun etc. You're asking for that feature to be added to Sanctuary. That played a part of why I compared the functions of Fervent Faith vs Sanctuary in my prior response (self_only vs group AE, single_cure vs duration_immunity, etc), and suggested a trade-off.

Would you be so kind as to explain how your proposal would bring more difference to Templars and Inquisitors, when the way I read it, your proposal appears to be asking for a feature of Fervent Faith be added to Sanctuary?
  11. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Because that change would be a good "defensive healer abillity" to have due to being "restricted to 1 group cure"!
  12. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Helmarf wrote:
    I asked how your proposal to add a key feature of the Inquisitor Ancient anti-CC spell, to the Templars anti-CC spell, would bring more difference to the two classes? Your answer did not address the question, in any way. I will provide an example, to demonstrate why I am asking for you to explain your logic...

"I believe that to make more difference between Templars and Inqs, Fervent Faith should give a 20 second GroupAE control effect (root/stifle/stun/fear/daze/mez) immunity buff."

In that example, Fervent_Faith would effectively become Fervent_Faith+Sanctuary. This does not make Templars and Inq's more different. It does the exact opposite. I hope my example helps to clarify the question I am asking. Something being a good "defensive healer ability" does not make Templars and Inqs more different, especially when your idea is nothing more than wanting an Inquisitor ability added onto Sanctuary.

With such, everything I said in my first reply to your original post, stands.
  13. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

I personally think Sanctuary would be just fine the way it is, except that "no beneficial" and "no hostile" spells need to be included in what Sanctuary makes you immune to. No need to make it castable while stunned/stifled/whatever.
  14. ARCHIVED-toblond4myowngd Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    This ^^
    I really don't want Fervent Faith and as long as you cast Sanctuary at the right time it's not needed. I do think that Sanctuary should also protect against charm and the "no beneficial spellcast" detriment. Adding protection against the "no hostile spellcast" detriment would be nice too but I'd rather have the immunity against the "no beneficial spellcast."
  15. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    This have nothing to do with inq spells here. Please stay on topic!
    The idea with immunity to no beneficial spells is great.
  16. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Helmarf wrote:

The skills of other class types was brought up in this thread, thus my response was relevant to the discussion. It was not me who said: "other classes already cure while stun/stifled.". In addition, it was not me who used "bringing more difference betwen templars and inq" as justification for a propsal. So your claims of staying on topic, have little merit.

1) You said that your proposal would make more difference between Templars and Inqs. It is the red text seen above.

2) I asked how? I asked you to elaborate on your unsupported claim?

3) You have no answer to give.

I suspected as much.
  17. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

I don't think Avirodars request for sanctuary to be self only in the case of breaking a control effect to be unreasonable at first glance, but putting sanctuary and fervent faith next to each other will show that they wouldn't balance out.
    Im traveling so please excuse my not knowing specific stats but even if sanctuary were useable on the group to break a control effect it still wouldn't be equal to fervent faith. First of all sanctuary is a slower cast time 2 seconds versus FF instant cast timebut it also has a much longer recast, 2 min and 40ish seconds if my memory serves me correctly (base 3 min recast) where FF base recast is 1 min 30 seconds, half that of sanctuary. This actually makes sanctuary a poor control breaker IMO except occasionally, maybe once or twice during a boss fight.
    IMO of sanctuary was made castable while under a control effect having it affect the group is acceptable in light of fervent faiths MUCH fastern(instant) cast time and fervent faith also having half the reuse time. Heck casting fervent faith then the myth cure (instant + .5) is still 4x as fast as casting sanctuary (2 seconds).
  18. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

SpineDoc wrote:

Some relevant details worth adding to what you said above...

Yes, Fervent Faith is instant. But what happens if another detrimental lands 5 seconds later? Or 15 seconds later? Or 25 seconds later? Fervent Faith is still on reuse cooldown, and unable to provide any aid. In comparison sanctuary carries the benefits of giving a duration of immunity, and at the current time, does it for the entire group. That is a huge difference between FF and Sanctuary, and more than justifies the variance in reuse between the two.

The way Sanctuary will immunise against root/stifle/stun/fear/daze/mezz effects, even if the effect is incurable or a curse (Fervent Faith does nothing for those), is a another substancial feature of Sanctuary, which the one click, self-only Fervent Faith can not match.
  19. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Alternatively...

Could make Sanctuary provide immunity to knockback and knockdown effects (the damage still applies, but not the punt effect).
    Great for Templars, and tanks would like it too...
  20. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:

1 Yes it would make a difference. A change to Sanctuary in this direction would make the more defensive cleric/templar up to date. As the devs had said, yes templars are the defensive cleric.

2 Re read the whole thread about ideas on how Sanctuary could be changed whitout fibbling in inquisitor and their spells in to it! Making sanctuary casteble while under an effect would not be a fervent faith abillity as you say it wil be, as it is not an instant self cure or do not cure anything as it is a group immunity spell! But for the templar class it would be a perfect balancing with the lack of second group cure to deal whit in surtent situations. To balance it out to not be to pwrfull the duration could be halfed.

3 Hm ok?

Weird it is that it is only 1 inquisitor ww stalking every little possible proposal change to the templar class, can you give me and all other templars the reason why you keep doing this?